Request for restored status.

Home of dead applications, both sad and proud.

Restore my status?

Restore to Admin
75%
Remain at Donator Status
25%

Total votes : 16

Request for restored status.

by CutlerSupreme » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Over this last week since having my Admin status revoked, I have spoken with both Sussy and Ackybur. I have expressed shock and disappointment that my status on CSn has been reduced back to Donator. As a frequent commentator I feel having some of the tools provided to admins allow both Sussy and I to do our jobs easier. Populating a server with active players is something every network or group should strive for. You cannot deny that our commentary does this. It's very difficult for admins to keep track of the game whilst playing and enjoying yourselves. While on the other hand i am making it my job to do just that! Keep my eye on the game. That includes when people have spectated for an extended period of time. I would like to provide each player with an experience and its disheartening knowing someone is auto'ing into the server waiting for that slot for an AFK player. It's even more disheartening when someone could so easily prevent that. I don't want to burden other admins playing while I can quickly do it myself. If our reduced status is in regards to Admin abuse I can tell you that I personally have not once abused that privilege. In fact(and fortunately), so far I have not used a single admin tool. Acky was present the closest I ever was to muting someone. but I feel it's better to be on the prepared side on the off chance I do have to use it. "speak softly and carry a big stick right?"
Being an admin can so easily be nothing but a click of the mouse to you, but everything to me. It showed me how welcome I was in the community and that the efforts Sussy and I made were showing results. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Above I have posted an informal poll for readers of this request. I hope it can demonstrate the following Sussy and I have and hopefully let the admins understand the efforts we are making.
Last edited by CutlerSupreme on Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CutlerSupreme
Donator

Re: Request for restored status.

by VoltySquirrel » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Umm, sir? The poll is above, not below.
VoltySquirrel

by CutlerSupreme » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:06 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:Umm, sir? The poll is above, not below.

Let me edit that. On the bright side you read my appeal! or at least the last part of it!
CutlerSupreme
Donator

by raptor » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Cutler has been an involved member of the CSN community and I have not seen him use admin once. I was completely unaware he had admin until I found out it had been revoked. He is the one that finally persuaded me to register on the forums that sat in the corner of my eye for so long.
Image"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
raptor

by Ratatatatat » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:17 pm

I don't see why you can't just be an admin. Especially because you've done a lot for the community. The whole reason why I registered with crit sandvich was because of the awesome commentary you guys do. I probably wouldn't have favorated a few crit sandvich servers if it wasn't for this guy.
Ratatatatat

by Vivi Hill » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Ok, I'd like to clear this up a bit: First of all, you weren't a full admin, you were an admin recruit (lowercase a) until we decided to grant you full on admin. After that fact we realized that we were in the middle of deciding the admin code of conduct for the servers and I believe that's why you're no longer an admin recruit. While we're still figuring out what our rules will be (don't worry, I think we're nearly done) we've stopped all admin apps. Once our conduct code is out, we'll open them up again. They'll be a bit more strict so we don't get filled with useless admins we don't need (you don't need to be an admin to be a vital part of the community).

I personally have no problems with you being an admin, assuming you are elected to be one by the rest of us based on our new code. But until we have it worked out we'd rather not get new people in. I hope you're a bit patient and understand that we're in the middle of figuring things out. And any vote for admin needs to be done in our private admin section rather than in a public area where non-admins can vote.

So yeah, I really love what you've done with the place and hope you'll continue, and I look forward to welcoming you in as an admin, but we just need to get these basic things ironed out first.

And to anyone else who has applied but seen little or no response from us: hopefully you'll understand that we're nearly done getting this worked out.

(and enjoy your free donator while you wait--your commentary still deserves it)
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Sussy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Benny forgot to say that Cutler smells. His stench can be heard through his microphone during each and every time he commentates. It smells just... awful.
Sussy
Donator

by CutlerSupreme » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:44 pm

benny hill wrote:Ok, I'd like to clear this up a bit: First of all, you weren't a full admin, you were an admin recruit (lowercase a) until we decided to grant you full on admin.

Yes I understood there was a difference between admin("a" blue) and Admin("A" red). When I was granted admin originally I was under the impression that status would stay static. I never expected to move up.

After that fact we realized that we were in the middle of deciding the admin code of conduct for the servers and I believe that's why you're no longer an admin recruit. While we're still figuring out what our rules will be (don't worry, I think we're nearly done) we've stopped all admin apps. Once our conduct code is out, we'll open them up again. They'll be a bit more strict so we don't get filled with useless admins we don't need (you don't need to be an admin to be a vital part of the community).

I personally have no problems with you being an admin, assuming you are elected to be one by the rest of us based on our new code. But until we have it worked out we'd rather not get new people in. I hope you're a bit patient and understand that we're in the middle of figuring things out. And any vote for admin needs to be done in our private admin section rather than in a public area where non-admins can vote.

So yeah, I really love what you've done with the place and hope you'll continue, and I look forward to welcoming you in as an admin, but we just need to get these basic things ironed out first.

I can be patient. I feel my previous post listed the benefits of admin status. I am glad the reasons for my status change has finally been specified. I look forward to continue working with this community. The vote was in no way legitimate poll but rather just a sign of support. Hope things can proceed smoothly. Thank you benny!
CutlerSupreme
Donator

by NuclearWatermelon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:49 am

Blue also uses capital A. Lowercase a is for trial.
NuclearWatermelon

by NuclearWatermelon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Despite the unnecessary poll and fanfare, with the new system in place your trial has been re-added, the vote shall be on January 15th.
NuclearWatermelon

Return to Graveyard