[Blue] Gewf's app

Home of dead applications, both sad and proud.

[Blue] Gewf's app

by gewf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:53 pm

I've been toying with the idea for a while, here goes nothing
1. How long have you been with CSn? I reckon about 5 months + of frequent activity and I believe, and I've been a donator for the past 3
2. When can we expect to see you on our servers? I'm drawing ever closer to the next semester of college so I don't have a very set in stone schedule yet between school and work I'll probably be on afternoons, 4-10pm PST
3. What previous admin experience do you have, if any? I have none, but I'm a people person and love the populous of CSn with a fiery passion.
4. Are you over 18? No, I'll be 17 in October, I hope you take into consideration my undying love for things glowing-sandvich related and maturity beyond my years
5. Any skills that can benefit the community? Sure. I'm a people person, I love joking around and giving friendly reminders to read the rules to people who are acting out of line. Also, I'm a comp sci major with some basic programming knowledge and planning on learning much more, I imagine this might be able to help out some way or another in the future.
6. Are you okay with jumping in an empty server to help populate? Yes, I do this somewhat frequently when I'm on in the mornings.
7. To which server are you applying for admin? Slayboxes, specifically westbox and the no-crit server.
8. Forum join date? may 29th
9. Number of posts? 11 with this post, but am constantly looking at what's going on (on the forums) and read the silly things everybody has to say.

thanks for your consideration
gewf
Donator

Re: [Blue] Gewf's app

by Phantom » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:03 pm

You need a sponsor.
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by gewf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:18 pm

okay, working on it. are there any rules behind sponsoring? what does being a sponsor entail?
gewf
Donator

by Ninja » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm confused, didn't you just post a goodbye thread last week?

And a sponsor is the admin who will be mentoring you through the trial.
Only rule is they have to be an active blue admin.
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by Phantom » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Ninja wrote:I'm confused, didn't you just post a goodbye thread last week?

And a sponsor is the admin who will be mentoring you through the trial.
Only rule is they have to be an active blue admin.

Ya I posted something about it read the thread and he said he decided he is staying.
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by gewf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Mostly, it was about some uncertainty about what I do and don't have time for. I was under a lot of stress and was unsure if I would even be staying in this country, long story short it's resolved, and I'm here to stay until I finish my degree. Sorry for any confusion.

totally understand if this makes any of you guys unsure about my application, I assure you it's completely serious and I have no intention of flaking out at any point.
gewf
Donator

by gewf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:05 am

Also, touchy agreed to sponsor me.
gewf
Donator

by Touchy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:41 pm

I will sponsor Gewf
Touchy

by Echoplex » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:45 pm

"Sure. I'm a people person, I love joking around and giving friendly reminders to read the rules to people who are acting out of line"

Sold! I haven't played TF2 and don't know you but it seems like you would be a great admin

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Touchy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:17 pm

gewf wrote:Also, touchy agreed to sponsor me.

I will not be sponsoring gewf.. He needs to learn backing up someone who is getting kicked is not ok. I was hesitant to sponsor him to begin with and tonight proved why.
Last edited by Touchy on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Touchy

by gewf » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:20 pm

I was not backing him up, I wanted to know why he was being kicked.
and telling me to shut the fuck up, for whatever reason, ignoring any kind of respect for your friend is not cool with me.

I will find a new sponsor or withdraw my app.

Edit: I'm going to amend this and just withdraw my application for now, clearly I'm not cut out to be an admin on this server. I was not aware of the problems lolicon was (and has been) causing and I was clearly out of line. My sincerest apologies to touchy and the rest of you all for wasting your time.
gewf
Donator

by Touchy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:14 pm

gewf wrote:I was not backing him up, I wanted to know why he was being kicked.
and telling me to shut the fuck up, for whatever reason, ignoring any kind of respect for your friend is not cool with me.

I will find a new sponsor or withdraw my app.

Edit: I'm going to amend this and just withdraw my application for now, clearly I'm not cut out to be an admin on this server. I was not aware of the problems lolicon was (and has been) causing and I was clearly out of line. My sincerest apologies to touchy and the rest of you all for wasting your time.

I was way out of line and apologise for what I said. I was getting spammed all night about the guy i came in to kick. I warned him earlier and a I left the server because I could not take them anymore. You had know idea what was going on in the background. You just saw me come in and kick. My fault

About your admin
I was hesitant because of the issue's you where having in real life. One week you are done with TF2, the next week you want to be admin. We did talk about this is private and I totally understand what you where going through. I do think you have the personality to be a good admin, but I would like to see you hang around a little and get real life shit sorted out. You have any questions feel free to hit me up. I do hope you except my apologies.
Touchy

by gewf » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:12 pm

I appreciate it, and thank you for the advice.
my computer recently shitted out on me so I have to wait until my desktop is built for me to really be playing again. for a few days until my case/ram/OS gets here I can't really play (im on a friends comp atm)

look forward to seeing you around soon.
gewf
Donator

Return to Graveyard