[Pink] xbawkzes re-app (hey why not)

Home of dead applications, both sad and proud.

[Pink] xbawkzes re-app (hey why not)

by xbawkzes » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:55 am

Yeah, okay. I know what you're thinking, and the answer is "forget about it". I said some things, other people said some things. I made negative comments about the way the servers were heading and what not, but criticism is what I do and I can admit that I may have been wrong. I made some good points but I made some that were wrong. I took my attitude in the wrong direction and for that I apologise. However, I do not feel that I should be doing a one sided apology for what was said and done. Anyway, this shouldn't be brought up here anyway, so I'll leave it be. Sorry.

How long have you been with CSn?
Dunno. Ages?

When can we expect to see you on our servers?
Pretty much all the time. 19:00 - 1:00 GMT usually

What previous admin experience, if any, do you have?
Used to be an admin before. I know how to do what's required.

Are you over 18?
Yeah

Any skills that can benefit the community?
Seeing as I'm always online, that kind of helps. I have a fair warning system when it comes to punishing players for being douchebags. I jump into servers when someone needs me to.

Are you OK with jumping in an empty server to help populate?
Yeah, do it all the time.

To which server are you applying for admin?
Lovenest + Fun Server 2

Forum sign up date?
Says on the right somewhere

Number of forum posts?
Says on the right again somewhere

Look, after the events that occurred, I usually wouldn't reapply. I had my time and I did what needed doing, even if you guys thought I didn't do a good job. Truth is, none of your current admins are active at the moment. Rez is on a Spiral Knights spree at the moment so she's not active, Jett, Meh and Nikki pop in occasionally but don't really stick around. As for Ninja and Godmin, I haven't seen you guys in there for ages. I don't even remember if other admins exist. Duck? I dunno.

Apart from that, while I'm in the server, people keep asking me to do admin things, like switch a terrible map or kick a dickhead player. I can't do what these guys are asking me too, obviously. I obviously made an impact on certain members of the community as an admin if they continue to think I am one.

Also, you've got Nose/Idiot's Name on trial. You guys aren't really keeping an eye on him or doing the whole "mentoring" thing that I thought was implemented a while back. I'm not saying you guys aren't doing your job correctly or whatever, it's just something worth noting.

I can imagine that I'd need to be put through trial again. Fine. I don't mind that, I can accept that if you'll accept my volunteering admin work again. You can admit I stopped "abusing" my powers close to the end of my adminship, after removing my slay and slap binds. I don't need to use them, so therefore I won't. I've dealt the last few weeks without it and I can continue that.

I don't have a sponsor. I decided to bring this up myself. This is totally up to you, admin seems more about how active and known you are in the community. If it's a no, it's a no. But I'd suggest thinking about it at least.

If you wish to speak to me further, you know where to get hold of me.

Cheers.
Ninja wrote:Well its not like our admins are any good.

Unusuals: 13/50
xbawkzes
Donator
How to: Professionally Piss Off Head Admins.

Re: [Pink] xbawkzes re-app (hey why not)

by cloud » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:59 am

i support xbawkzes. I had an extensive talk with him yesterday while we were both on the funserver 2, and i really think that he has learned his lesson and is a better person because of it. I know i shouldn't really be posting here if i'm not an admin, but I have known xbawkzes for a while, and i can tell when he feels sorry
CSn's professional thread killer.
cloud
Donator
Hey look. It's that one guy.

by Jettrax » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:35 pm

I want you back but both you and i know this is going to start on this thread
Jettrax
Donator

by duck » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:00 pm

im just going to say this now. i think you being an admin is a bad idea

now why would you say that duck?

1. critisizing admins in your app is a terrible idea, not a good way to start off. (i assume that you think your not going to get admin and youre just spamming)

2. cursing and spamming admin commands is a terrible idea, people dont want to hear you curse constintly on the server or spam commands.

3. "hey you faggot, stop it" a quote from the archives of xbawkzes

this is why i dont support you as admin.
duck

by xbawkzes » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:34 pm

I'm not criticising admins in my app. I'm merely making points. I'm not making you out to sound bad, you all do an excellent job. Y'all are just inactive currently. I can understand why as well, for example Duck, you're Blue Trial at the moment, you're probably more caught up with that.

I was pointing out that what was said was stupid shit. Yeah, I took my points of what was argued a bit far, and I deserved what came to me. I'm not assuming I'm not going to be chosen, I'm not spamming with this topic. I'm actually just taking a chance here. I'm not begging for forgiveness, but I'm asking for another chance. It's not like I was the worst admin in the world.

With the cursing, you knew what was coming when you applied me, so that's not completely my fault. I'm not the only one who swears, don't corner me with that. I also explained that I removed my spam commands, and again, don't corner me with that.

I've already been warned about the use of the word "faggot". Nevermind, I've done and said worse.

But, your points are noted. I'm not perfect. However, I could point out flaws with the rest of you, but choose not to. It's not my place.

The best I've done with this is apologise, explain myself and my actions and nothing else. If you think I'm trolling, again, take it up with me personally. I'll defend myself, I'm not here to argue with you, I can accept a no.

xbawkzes
Donator

by meh » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Ok I think that you deserve a second chance. And having you back as admin would benefit the servers a lot because you're on it more then most of the admins anyway and if you were an admin you could be taking care of the tryhards and jeerks when we can't

And sorry for not being very active lately, school has been taking up a large portion of my life.
meh

by Jettrax » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Umm yeah duck hes not criticizing, he's stating facts. Besides the fact that you are usually on after xbawkzes goes to bed. bawkz likes to forget that. Btw I've been on and you know that, otherwise i wouldn't be complaining about the same shit.
Jettrax
Donator

by Nikki Wolf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Eh, I know Ninja/GoDM1N will say no, but I don't mind giving you a second chance. And yeah, I will admit to being inactive. It's mainly from playing other games that I need to finish, Yugioh, and just not being in the mood to play anything in general (and a bit of school). But yeah, I do need to get my ass back to playing regularly.
Nikki Wolf

by duck » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:05 pm

definiton of criticism: the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding.

anyway i put in my two cents
duck

by xbawkzes » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:04 pm

duck wrote:definiton of criticism: the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding.

anyway i put in my two cents

Google helped ya out good there.

Not all criticism is bad, Duck. I was pointing out clear observation. Just for you, I will be less observational and try not to notice the lack of admins and moderation in the servers from now on.

xbawkzes
Donator

by GoDM1N » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Ninja is visiting me, so that's why we haven't been on lately. Also I don't think I get a say in it anyway Nikki because I'm just a half pink.

However my thoughts haven't changed. He was given chances, asked to stop, there had been members complaining about actual abuse of admin powers in various ways and homophobic remarks. He knew he wasn't suppose to do these things, Finger even told him to chill out and he kept at it. He was fed enough rope until he eventually hung himself.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Phantom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:23 pm

I thought I might add, I know im not a pinkmin but need i remind everybody that being admin represents what our community stands for.
Our admins should reflect those quality's in the way they uphold themselves, and go about their duty's.
How can we ask other people to follow the rules if we ourselves do not.
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by xbawkzes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:34 am

GoDM1N wrote:Ninja is visiting me, so that's why we haven't been on lately. Also I don't think I get a say in it anyway Nikki because I'm just a half pink.

However my thoughts haven't changed. He was given chances, asked to stop, there had been members complaining about actual abuse of admin powers in various ways and homophobic remarks. He knew he wasn't suppose to do these things, Finger even told him to chill out and he kept at it. He was fed enough rope until he eventually hung himself.

I might add that I wasn't removed for abusing my powers, but for simply arguing with Ninja and taking my comments too far. I was never actually given a clear explanation about my removal, a message clearly stating why would have been nicer.

I'll also add that, and I've said this before, I used to get blamed for all the admin stuff that happened in the server. Someone would get slain by a different admin, I'd get the blame. I've always said that you guys always took what I did way out of proportion, but I suppose what you seem to see is what you see. If it's a no, it's a no. I've been doing fine in the server without the admin shit, so I don't necessarily need it. I'm just offering to help out again.

Plus, not being a homophobe = not actual homophobic remarks.

xbawkzes
Donator

by GoDM1N » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:03 pm

xbawkzes wrote:I might add that I wasn't removed for abusing my powers, but for simply arguing with Ninja and taking my comments too far. I was never actually given a clear explanation about my removal, a message clearly stating why would have been nicer.
Do you really think the redmins would remove you for arguing with Ninja? You and everyone else knows it wasn't about that, it was about all the pushing limits you knew shouldn't of been pushed, admin abuse, saying fag all the time, acting like a asshole all the time, etc.

Plus, not being a homophobe = not actual homophobic remarks.
Saying fag still = against rules.
GoDM1N
Donator

by xbawkzes » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:07 am

GoDM1N wrote:
xbawkzes wrote:I might add that I wasn't removed for abusing my powers, but for simply arguing with Ninja and taking my comments too far. I was never actually given a clear explanation about my removal, a message clearly stating why would have been nicer.
Do you really think the redmins would remove you for arguing with Ninja? You and everyone else knows it wasn't about that, it was about all the pushing limits you knew shouldn't of been pushed, admin abuse, saying fag all the time, acting like a asshole all the time, etc.

Sorry, no. I didn't know it was about that, as I was never actually given a proper explanation. No message saying why. I was removed right after arguing with Ninja. Why wasn't I just removed earlier if that was the case? Just seemed pretty coincidental that the timing of my removal was after arguing with Ninja.

And again, you've taken me way out of context. I was way worse throughout my course of admin and I know that. Why didn't you just remove me earlier? Seems silly, because I know I had a huge stint of being incredibly abusive with my powers. But after the many warnings and such from Ninja about slapping/slaying/so on, I removed (and I'll keep saying this) my binds and had no effort to type them in. Therefore, I wouldn't use them. I actually started behaving, which is why I took such a stand to defending myself and the rest of the Pinkmins when Ninja said we do a terrible job. I was genuinely trying my best to do a better job but getting told I was still terrible was a hurtful comment, which is why I took it too far with my comments towards Ninja, which I've said, I apologise for. My attitude was disgusting and I can admit that and I'm sorry for that.

Also try to understand that I try to say fag as little as possible but I really can't help it. It's such a common word to use in Britain it's nearly second nature. Not really a valid excuse but that's what's what.

xbawkzes
Donator

by GoDM1N » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:29 pm

xbawkzes wrote:
GoDM1N wrote:

Sorry, no. I didn't know it was about that, as I was never actually given a proper explanation. No message saying why. I was removed right after arguing with Ninja. Why wasn't I just removed earlier if that was the case? Just seemed pretty coincidental that the timing of my removal was after arguing with Ninja.

And again, you've taken me way out of context. I was way worse throughout my course of admin and I know that. Why didn't you just remove me earlier? Seems silly, because I know I had a huge stint of being incredibly abusive with my powers. But after the many warnings and such from Ninja about slapping/slaying/so on, I removed (and I'll keep saying this) my binds and had no effort to type them in. Therefore, I wouldn't use them. I actually started behaving, which is why I took such a stand to defending myself and the rest of the Pinkmins when Ninja said we do a terrible job. I was genuinely trying my best to do a better job but getting told I was still terrible was a hurtful comment, which is why I took it too far with my comments towards Ninja, which I've said, I apologise for. My attitude was disgusting and I can admit that and I'm sorry for that.

Also try to understand that I try to say fag as little as possible but I really can't help it. It's such a common word to use in Britain it's nearly second nature. Not really a valid excuse but that's what's what.

Ninja nor I have the power the remove you as a admin, and saying fag as little as possible is still saying it too much.
GoDM1N
Donator

by xbawkzes » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:21 am

Either way, I'm just saying it's way to coincidental. You could have always spoken to a Redmin about it. But, it doesn't matter.

Lock this thread, because I'm quitting TF2 anyway. Cheers for the opportunity I got to be admin anyway.

xbawkzes
Donator

Return to Graveyard