[GOLD] Omega Admin Application

Home of dead applications, both sad and proud.

[GOLD] Omega Admin Application

by Omega » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:29 am

This is my admin application.

Accounts:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Finalsnipe (main)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Floatingsurge (mule)

How long have you been with CSn?
5 months (since Feburary), However was active for a while back in late 2010

When can we expect to see you on our servers?
Everyday

What previous admin experience, if any, do you have?
Team (9); JimShirtz ; Trial May Admin (if this even counts xD)

How old are you?
15, 16 (11/12)

Any skills that can benefit the community?
I enjoy contributing to the community opinions and new ideas. I also am experienced with price checks (including unusuals)

Are you OK with jumping in an empty server to help populate?
Of course

To which server are you applying for admin?
CSn: Trade Server
IP:64.74.97.239:27017

Sponsored by TBA
Last edited by Omega on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Delayed Flight -> Cancelled Flight -> 20 + Mosquito Bites -> Delayed Flight -> Jet Lag ... And I thought vacations were relaxing, Boy was I wrong D:
Omega

Re: [GOLD] Omega Admin Application

by Omega » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:44 am

Additional Info!:

Time Clocked: Over 1800 hours of non-idling TF2 Experience! (1791 + 10)
Trusted for trades: Read comments of (http://steamcommunity.com/id/finalsnipe)
Known for price checks!: I've given many price checks (including to Seven). Also keen on
theory of supply and demand
Delayed Flight -> Cancelled Flight -> 20 + Mosquito Bites -> Delayed Flight -> Jet Lag ... And I thought vacations were relaxing, Boy was I wrong D:
Omega

by Seven » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Omega is good with trading and I recommend him for trial adminship.
Seven

by Fencerboy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Totally recommend him
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by duck » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:35 pm

congrats, you have been choosen for trial admin effective may 1st
duck

by Omega » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:12 am

Thank You
Omega

by Omega » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Hmm, not boring to trade this month because I've been extremely busy with school and such. I will be interested in trialing in August (will be away for 2 weeks in July :P). In any case, I'll talk to one of the admins to sponsor me when the time comes if u all aren't already sponsoring anyone yet. And Yes Seven, my price checking policy stays (I give price checks until/unless they disrespect me) (was the case last time too). I've be able to play anywhere from 8-12 + hours a day probably. Anyway, I'll try not to play TF2 when I'm depressed lol, seems that people are thinking I'm hating on them. I don't hate anyone (yet :D). *EDIT* (Expect for Seven and his recent disses), nah I'm joking.

Bump
Omega

by Fencerboy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:06 pm

Sorry omega but I don't think we are accepting any admins apps right now, all we needed was one person and patrid was chosen
But a spot may open up

As of now apps are closed
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by Omega » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Yes I know, this app is for Augest if CSn is still looking by that time as stated in the previous post
Omega

by Seven » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Get 50 forum posts and then you can be considered.
Seven

by Omega » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Got em, and yea i got vacation for 2 weeks. I'll be bak on Aug 8th, so if u guyz wana give me a delayed Augest trial, effective the week im bak, i'd appreciate that. I got 50 posts and over 4 months of forum registration. If anyone wants to sponsor me, leave a msg, just cuz sevens been too busy with "life". As mentioned I have great knowledge on TF2 prices and am willing to help moderate the trade center in hopes of achieving a fairer server.
Omega

by NBC011795 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:55 am

I know I have no say in this, But I highly recommend him.

I can't think of a better person to become a gold admin, He is a trusted trader and great with prices.
NBC011795
Pink Admin

by mrProtagonist » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:57 am

Ehh... He might know his prices but he keeps very very snobby and pretentious traders as friends. Also other player, I will not say who, think that he's a little harsh when trading.

But, on the other hand, we don't have an opening I don't think.
Forum's own pervert
Bumped like 300 fuckin posts
mrProtagonist

by Mr.Rager » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:07 am

Doesnt give price checks to tons of people, and has acted very snobby towards me and many other regulars in the server
Mr.Rager
http://tf2b.com/?id=MrRag3r <--- Check it out!
Mr.Rager

by Omega » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:58 am

Mr.Rager wrote:Doesnt give price checks to tons of people, and has acted very snobby towards me and many other regulars in the server

"Right because u Rager, and i'll say this blatantly, rip ppl off."; Im more than sure no matter what I write thats how ur gonna interpret it. In any case, i know its not any traders fault when one gets a good deal. However, I am deeply offended when u brag about ur trades afterwards. U have improved on ur old habits. However, I do not go on ur app and mud sling. I think this is due to, as offensive as this could be, maturity. All ur doing is trolling with ur negative comments, though i appreciate improvements and feedback, if u blatantly put out feedback due to ur own emotions, then you should reconsider about ur own admin app. If u will judge and hold grudges on someone for ur own gains and perspectives, then I dont think ur fit for an admin. Really, all this about me being snobby and inconsiderate, is a reflection of urself.Though everyone is hypocritical at times, there is a boundary. Rager, if u really are considering admin, look over the responsibilities again. Thank you. I think its not that I act snobby around ppl, I only show respect to ppl who respect me. RESPECT IS ONLY GIVEN TO THOSE WHO RESPECT MYSELF. That is one rule that I will live by.

Btw Morman, as rude as I might sound right now, the only time I've commented something negatively towards u was when I traded u the merry + beak for ur v hotrod. At the end of the trade, it was none of our faults expect urself. I specificly told u that value wise that the merry was more than the attendant. I was just commenting on general pricings. TRADING SHOULD be about WHAT u want INSTEAD of whats "worth more". Nevertheless, u were asking Seven about our trade (yes, he told me afterwards), so its unfortunately not my nor seven, nor anyone else's fault. In the end, I just wanted to tell u that ur choice was not economically beneficial but was the right decision. What u've decided/possibly misinterpreted my msg on our 1 trade should not be what u should judge me on how I am a trader. Thats just IMO though. If u want to write negative reviews of traders in our community who u have not respect/ took the time to understand, then it should not be my obligation to "correct" your opinions from ur abilities to hastily judge.

PS: Mormon I do give lots of pricechecks. I give them to ppl who respect me and i'll give them pricechecks as a form of respect.
Omega

by Omega » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:03 am

And yea, no opening atm.
Btw Rager, can u list 5 regulars whom I acted snobby towards and have them vounch for it? I want to apologize if I was taken in a wrong way, thanks.

PS: On vacation so time i can be on steam/ forums is limited. Have a nice summer guyz, be back to tf2 in 2 weeks
Omega

by Fencerboy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:22 am

and this is why from now on non-admins shouldnt post negative opinions on applications
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by mrProtagonist » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:54 am

I wasn't trying to be negative. Omega you might know your stuff etc. But you have to give them to everyone. I don't decide not to tell someone that a bill's is worth 5 keys because they annoy me.

I'd actually like to see you have a chance just to see what happens. You've gotta be fair to everyone :D Not just the people you like.
Forum's own pervert
Bumped like 300 fuckin posts
mrProtagonist

by JimBob » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:55 am

mrProtagonist wrote:I wasn't trying to be negative. Omega you might know your stuff etc. But you have to give them to everyone. I don't decide not to tell someone that a bill's is worth 5 keys because they annoy me.

I'd actually like to see you have a chance just to see what happens. You've gotta be fair to everyone :D Not just the people you like.

I'm not giving price checks to you anymore because we haven't had maybe sex in a week.

Also, omega, I do like you and think you're a great guy, but like people have said, you can't just ignore certain people. I even price check for a guy named Diddykong FTW, who doesn't trade at all, and is an older, more annoying version of me. I hate him and wish he would stop talking to me, but I know it's right to still give a fair price check. Also, just because someone traded you and it wasn't a good deal for them ONE time, and they don't mention OTHER people that this has happened to does NOT mean that you have to interpret it as "you think I'm a bad trader because I talked bad about one trade between us".
๑ﭥ klanana: it's funny that you always thought i was a guy, named klare
JimBoBob: Fail, oaties!
๑ﭥ klanana: tbh, i always thought you were mean to me before because i was a girl
oaties: lol, really?
๑ﭥ klanana: then i found out you thought i was a guy.
JimBob

by Patrid » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Omega wrote:And yea, no opening atm.
Btw Rager, can u list 5 regulars whom I acted snobby towards and have them vounch for it? I want to apologize if I was taken in a wrong way, thanks.

PS: On vacation so time i can be on steam/ forums is limited. Have a nice summer guyz, be back to tf2 in 2 weeks

I'll vouch as one. I vividly remember a situation where I was selling my Hearts bloke for 3 buds in the trade server. Upon seeing this hat, you called it "crappy". I ask, why would you call a hat I'd love wearing crappy? "Just not something I'd wear".
You do come off as being more of a trader/showboater than someone who would try to make the trade server as enjoyable as possible to others.
Second order of business, if you know me as a trader, you know that I'll even tell a trader if an unusual deal is blatantly unfair (i can provide screenies if you don't believe). That being written, you come off as snobby to me.
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Patrid » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Patrid wrote:
Omega wrote:And yea, no opening atm.

I'll vouch as one. I vividly remember a situation where I was selling my Hearts bloke for 3 buds in the trade server. Upon seeing this hat, you called it "crappy". I ask, why would you call a hat I'd love wearing crappy? "Just not something I'd wear".
You do come off as being more of a trader/showboater than someone who would try to make the trade server as enjoyable as possible to others.
Second order of business, if you know me as a trader, you know that I'll even tell a trader if an unusual deal is blatantly unfair (i can provide screenies if you don't believe). That being written, you come off as snobby.

Didn't mean to quote myself. I fail =(
Last edited by Patrid on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Ackybur » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 pm

mrProtagonist wrote:Ehh... He might know his prices but he keeps very very snobby and pretentious traders as friends. Also other player, I will not say who, think that he's a little harsh when trading.

But, on the other hand, we don't have an opening I don't think.

You can't judge someone on who their friends are, maybe you should edit out this part of the post, because it means nothing.

Based off his response to Rager I think it's obvious he can keep his cool instead of spewing out obscenities. It was a little bit of a tangent, but who doesn't get lost in those :)
Ackybur
Donator

by Omega » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:31 am

Thank you Admiral, on another note, when I wrote "I give respect to those who respect me", that doesnt mean only/all my friends. The steam friends list is the only way to keep contact with business partners and friends too. Not that I'm inplying that some of you on my friends arent my friends, but I, like many, have business, in the aspect of trading, with many of my contacts. That's y I thought Ragers response was possibly bland. Unfortunately, like all humans, Im not perfect, and I cant appear nice to everybody. I understand that if I was interpreted as rude or mocking, that may be cuz i was high on coffee, though I really cant vouch for those situations myself. I'm sry bout what I had said to u Patrid, as I probably, due to one reason or another, was unaware of what i said, mis-paraphrased. In any case, it was most likely a misinterpreted joke. And just mind u, I dislike it when one put down other ppls unusuals. So whether my comment that day, which I still have no recognization of, left a grudge on me, then so be it. In any case, Im not saying that ur vouched scenario ever happened, its more than likely I was unaware or forgot about it. Thank you ur understanding.

Anyway, I'm more than sure that even CSn admins have ppl who dislike them (no offence, and I will not name any that I know of). In any case, I think that its better to give them an answer in any way then not to give one. If not given, even the most common pricechecks, someone can abuse their confusion and rip them off. In any case, The problem may be just my tone is misinterpreted as more sarcastic or maybe stern. I'll see what I can do to improve on the clarity of that.

On a different note, replying to these forum posts are rly taking up my vacation time xD. Oh wellz, not having much fun with these 20+ mosquito bites :P.

Have a nice summer.
Omega

by Omega » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:16 pm

JimBob wrote:
mrProtagonist wrote:I wasn't trying to be negative. Omega you might know your stuff etc. But you have to give them to everyone. I don't decide not to tell someone that a bill's is worth 5 keys because they annoy me.

I'm not giving price checks to you anymore because we haven't had maybe sex in a week.

Also, omega, I do like you and think you're a great guy, but like people have said, you can't just ignore certain people. I even price check for a guy named Diddykong FTW, who doesn't trade at all, and is an older, more annoying version of me. I hate him and wish he would stop talking to me, but I know it's right to still give a fair price check. Also, just because someone traded you and it wasn't a good deal for them ONE time, and they don't mention OTHER people that this has happened to does NOT mean that you have to interpret it as "you think I'm a bad trader because I talked bad about one trade between us".

Um, thing is, that was the only time I've ever seen/talked to Morman lol. And I do give pricechecks to ppl who annoy me, just not to ppl who dont respect me, theres a difference.

Btw Patrid, I m pretty sure that I said "that its not a hat that I personally like, but its a nice hat anyways". Thasts my typical response, in any case, ur vouch counts and Im sry if I actually called it crappy :P. Personally, I dont call hats crappy, if i had to use a term, itd be disgusting :P (not that I ever have, and nor do I hope I ever will).

Anyway, enjoy ur summer guyz.
Omega

Return to Graveyard