[blue] Sussy's Official Admin proposal

Home of dead applications, both sad and proud.

[blue] Sussy's Official Admin proposal

by Sussy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:44 pm

First off, I know there were a few people who were upset with me for being melodramatic for the whole acky nonsense. In hindsight, I should have posted it in the admin section/donators lounge and saved a whole lot of drama that I never intended to cause.

1. How long have you been with CSn?
I have been with CSn for close to 8 months now. Cutler and I were playing one day, joined the server randomly, and started doing commentary as a joke. Next thing we know we are a bit hit and decided it was a good way to get people to help donate and join the community of our new favorite server.
2. When can we expect to see you on our servers?
I am on generally every day. My times vary, but normally there aren't any admins on when I am.
3. What previous admin experience, if any, do you have?
I had admin privileges in CSn for around a month. I upheld the rules and helped to make the server fun and "keep out the riff raff." I did not receive my admin through the conventional way, so I was voted on if people wanted me to keep my admin. Unfortunately, around the time of the vote was around the time of the "acky situation", and I feel I was voted on not for my admin skills, but for my affiliation with the wrong side of the acky debate.
4. How old are you?
5. Any skills that can benefit the community?
My mad commentary skills, my mad modeling/item creation skills, and my mad/the illest Ninja Warrior skills.
6. Are you OK with jumping in an empty server to help populate?
Yap yap. I do it now even as just a donator.
7. To which server are you applying for admin?
I would like to have admin for slaybox 1 & 2.

To conclude, recently I have been in Slaybox 1 and 2 when there was no admin present. Cutler and I inform people of the rules when they break them, due to us wanting the best for CSn servers. People usually listen to us and stop with the hate speech and mic spam, although sometimes they do not. A few times I have informed an admin of an infraction, and they have had to join the server, hear it for themselves, and then make a kick because of it. I feel this is way too much work and instead I could have my admin status restored - I don't even need a big A, just a cute little a would be great. I don't think anyone has any negative feelings for me in the community, most people like me and enjoy my presence on the servers, I uphold the rules and regulations of the servers well, and I feel the only reason I lost my admin was because of supporting an unliked member of the community at all the wrong times.

Thanks!
Sussy
Donator

Re: [blue] Sussy's Official Admin proposal

by Gho$T » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 pm

8 months? how did you get 8 months cause CSn was started in Oct fyi :?: and even then i wouldnt say you were here that early in the community anyways

Other than that little fact, their has been a small shortage of admins around
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

by Vivi Hill » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:48 pm

You guys joined the forums december 1st, and I think that was 2 days after when you had done commentary. http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=december+1st,+2010 . So yeah, about 2 months ago.

Anyway, I'm just fooling around with Wolfram|Alpha as a joke since I love it for checking my homework and such. I still think personally you guys would make good admins--I don't really think you have hostile motives for asking to be an admin :P

What do the blues and reds think?
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Toaster » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:49 pm

yesyesyes what about cuttler?!

Sustler the administrating archon
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Failhorse » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:35 pm

I remember a few weeks back. I connected to a server and heard something from you. Something along the lines of "omg i'm ubering a spy, <something something> get banned." (relating to the current issues at the time.) I think at the time I said. Oh this is why you'll never be an admin. I stand with that. Not only were you creating extra drama for those who could give a shit.. In the server. But you were also spreading false truths.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by NuclearWatermelon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Not to be too nit-picky, but you are missing a bit from the application, and you should re-read it. I went ahead and underlined it for you.
NuclearWatermelon

by Repoman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:41 pm

NuclearWatermelon wrote:Not to be too nit-picky, but you are missing a bit from the application, and you should re-read it. I went ahead and underlined it for you.

Woops. Good call there Nukes!
Repoman

by Ackybur » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:50 pm

Pretty sure Toasters approval is enough.
Ackybur
Donator

by Patrid » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:19 am

Sussy, you in particular, are fun to have on a team, and equally as fun to play against. You and Cutler are great at what you do and are generally well mannered. However, I liked what you were doing for the server up until the whole Acky drama-setting.
That is where I completed a 180 and have decided that you are not up to the challenge of being an admin.
I hate to seem harsh, but those who know me know that I go ape-shit over drama. I play tf2 to avoid drama.
The singular instance of you "stirring the pot" with immensely biased and limited views and information is why I can never support your application.

I hate to be a miser, but times like these call for tough love.
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Toaster » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:29 am

Failhorse wrote:I remember a few weeks back. I connected to a server and heard something from you. Something along the lines of "omg i'm ubering a spy, <something something> get banned." (relating to the current issues at the time.) I think at the time I said. Oh this is why you'll never be an admin. I stand with that. Not only were you creating extra drama for those who could give a shit.. In the server. But you were also spreading false truths.

Everyone makes fun of the ridiculous things that have happened in csn, it's hard to avoid with it being so easy to do. Besides, whats our servers with out some distasteful sarcasm?! I personally think Sussy would make a great admin, I've never seen him throw his power around (unlike several other admins not just in the slaybox servers) and he's an all around nice guy.

"Not only were you creating extra drama for those who could give a shit" You stir some excellent shit your self failhorse and I always approve of admin bickering, so long as it doesn't have a negative effect on the community. (bickering with non admins) (bickering for lack of a better word)
Toaster

by Patrid » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:35 am

Toaster wrote:
Failhorse wrote:I remember a few weeks back. I connected to a server and heard something from you. Something along the lines of "omg i'm ubering a spy, <something something> get banned." (relating to the current issues at the time.) I think at the time I said. Oh this is why you'll never be an admin. I stand with that. Not only were you creating extra drama for those who could give a shit.. In the server. But you were also spreading false truths.

Everyone makes fun of the ridiculous things that have happened in csn, it's hard to avoid with it being so easy to do. Besides, whats our servers with out some distasteful sarcasm?! I personally think Sussy would make a great admin, I've never seen him throw his power around (unlike several other admins not just in the slaybox servers) and he's an all around nice guy.

"Not only were you creating extra drama for those who could give a shit" You stir some excellent shit your self failhorse and I always approve of admin bickering, so long as it doesn't have a negative effect on the community. (bickering with non admins) (bickering for lack of a better word)

^THAT. Except imo, the bringing up of the acky situation outside the donor/admin lounge was detrimental (that or helped raise it to that level) to the moral of some of the tf2 regulars. Remember Smeemo? Remember the donators who complained of all this drama?

*EDIT: Also, keep in mind I change my name soley in jest, and although I do have a mini-encampment set up outside of the real Sandman's living quarters...it bothers me none to continue the friendly competition
ImageImage
Patrid

by Patrid » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:52 am

tehs4ndman wrote:
Patrid wrote:*EDIT: Also, keep in mind I change my name soley in jest, and although I do have a mini-encampment set up outside of the real Sandman's living quarters...it bothers me none to continue the friendly competition

i knew i smelled the the oriental freshness of fluffy white rice and a dead kitten in my back yard! I KNEW IT!

1. I was feeding the rice to your cat, since he seemed so malnourished and neglected.
2. Cory smells like death because he bathes himself in the figurative BS you Emmit on a daily basis :?
ImageImage
Patrid

by Toaster » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:56 am

*not quoting so avoid spam*
@Patrid:
Sussy acted accordingly for someone that felt an injustice was just done to their friend. I don't think by any means Sussy had the intention of causing extra drama. He just spoke his mind and I cant say he was in the wrong. Other then his poorly placed/timed post Sussy hasn't really done anything but help the community grow in popularity. Sustlers original pub commentary (i would say) defines CSN servers. Every TF2 community is pretty generic if you ask me, we're the community with commentary, would like to see FF say that!

It's also very ideal for him to have admin since he's on during the hours nobody els is.
Toaster

by Patrid » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:23 am

Toaster wrote:*not quoting so avoid spam*
@Patrid:
Sussy acted accordingly for someone that felt an injustice was just done to their friend. I don't think by any means Sussy had the intention of causing extra drama. He just spoke his mind and I cant say he was in the wrong. Other then his poorly placed/timed post Sussy hasn't really done anything but help the community grow in popularity. Sustlers original pub commentary (i would say) defines CSN servers. Every TF2 community is pretty generic if you ask me, we're the community with commentary, would like to see FF say that!

It's also very ideal for him to have admin since he's on during the hours nobody els is.

@Toaster,
Duly noted. However, I feel as if you are in no position to not "say he was in the wrong". We all have taken our own little paths in how to deal with the situation. I suggest not bringing up whether or not he was "wrong" or "right". Even if the intention wasn't there, the lack of judgement was. I am never one to pass judgement soley on intent.
I also have to disagree about what "defines" CSn. Sure, commentary brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours (FFN). HOWEVER, What brings all the oteher players onto the slayboxes when commentating isn't around during the other 99.5% of server time?
ImageImage
Patrid

by Toaster » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:45 am

Patrid wrote:
Toaster wrote:@Toaster,
Duly noted. However, I feel as if you are in no position to not "say he was in the wrong". We all have taken our own little paths in how to deal with the situation. I suggest not bringing up whether or not he was "wrong" or "right". Even if the intention wasn't there, the lack of judgement was. I am never one to pass judgement soley on intent.
I also have to disagree about what "defines" CSn. Sure, commentary brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours (FFN). HOWEVER, What brings all the oteher players onto the slayboxes when commentating isn't around during the other 99.5% of server time?

I meant his giving 2 cents wasn't in the wrong, not what you think.

By defines I mean it's what makes csn "special", the thing that makes us stand out from every other community. Of course people play on csn servers for the superior fun factor and non abusive admins. And of course all the amazing things people organize to keep things new and exciting.
( sorry for being vague it's really late >< )
Toaster

by Ackybur » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:22 pm

I feel like if suss was just as passionate about me being banned the majority of this would be pro sussy. The drama he fueled was pro ackbar, but if it was anti I feel like his name would be Blu right now. Also, if you wanted to keep it drama free fail horse why not try and ban someone who deserves it, and not send mangachu to do your bidding. God knows that caused no drama amirite?

Ps no admins really play when they do, and it's annoying. Make both or just one of them admin to control the afks.
Ackybur
Donator

by Patrid » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:32 am

Admiral Ackybur wrote:I feel like if suss was just as passionate about me being banned the majority of this would be pro sussy. The drama he fueled was pro ackbar, but if it was anti I feel like his name would be Blu right now. Also, if you wanted to keep it drama free fail horse why not try and ban someone who deserves it, and not send mangachu to do your bidding. God knows that caused no drama amirite?

Ps no admins really play when they do, and it's annoying. Make both or just one of them admin to control the afks.

I'm sorry Acky, but I couldn't disagree more. If Sussy was anti-acky, I still would've chided him for elevating the drama by posting in the general public... with the lack of insight.
ImageImage
Patrid

by Maringue » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:20 pm

I'd be willing to put Sussy through a trial basis admin. I think there was a momentary lack of judgment and I personally really didn't like the "I'll take my ball and go home if I don't get my way" but I feel like that was an isolated indecent.

I feel on the whole Sussy is on board with the rules and how we like to keep things running smoothly around here.

Sussy, we've changed it so you need a current admin to sponsor your application. Find someone with the a similar play schedule and talk to them about it. It can't be me, because I'm going to be in Korea for all of March.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by NuclearWatermelon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Thread cleaned of irrelevant conversation.

Please keep on topic, if you are a pink or gold admin, please do not post here unless you agree with what I have posted in the admin section. Donators and members, please post only relevant information here if you must post here.
NuclearWatermelon

by Ackybur » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Relevant: Sussy does a lot when really he doesn't have to. Giving him admin helps a ton on commentary night by keeping the afks clean, spammers muted, and douches kicked. I've played enough during that time (while my admin has been away) wishing an admin was around to get rid of the idiots when they commentate.
Ackybur
Donator

by Maringue » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Like I said, find yourself a blue sponsor (not me due to impending absence) and I'd vote for a trial basis. And not to be redundant, but the sponsor thing is our new vetting mechanism to ensure there is an admin who has a solid bead on the applicant and can speak on their behavior and personality based on first hand experience.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Graveyard