Map List Refinement?

Discussion for the Fun server at: 66.151.244.49:27015

Map List Refinement?

by SnakeShesh » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:09 pm

I just wanted to see if there was a way to implement a voting system for maps. Like have maybe a poll in the forums in which we could vote on maps that should stay and maps that should go... Maybe get the regulars who don't use the forums in on it too by linking it in the join message or a re-occurring message during your session. In my opinion we have a large selection of maps that typically don't get played, especially on the fun Haus. There's a large margin of maps that no one votes for, so i dont see a reason to keep them in the server, idk maybe it frees up space on the server? Just mainly i would like to know if theres a way to integrate a map voting system to clear up the map selection. Im mainly taking about the Fun Haus btw.
Thanks for Listening out
SnakeShesh

Re: Map List Refinement?

by HausOfJoel » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:13 pm

so basically the map rate system we already have
HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

Re: Map List Refinement?

by SnakeShesh » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:31 pm

HausOfJoel wrote:so basically the map rate system we already have

In some ways yes, but it would be great to improve that system, like...

Having the rating pop up trigger 1 or 2 rounds after the map is up, so the player has time to really play on the map and experience the map and get an acurate rating.

Also, maybe change the rating options to make removing and keeping maps easier.
Like having
(Highest Rating) I love This Map!
(2nd Highest) Its a good Map!
(Middle Rating) Its ok.
(2nd Lowest) I dislike it.
(Worst Rating) Please Remove ASAP

Maybe we could also have it so that new maps that are added are given a specific amount of time for the ratings to be accumulated, or have nights where regulars rate and test the map. Either way i think there should be am amount of time before a map is kept or removed.

this would make rating maps a bit easier to judge on a player aspect, and make it easier to get an honest opinion after playing a little on the map
SnakeShesh

Return to Love Nest (Fun Server)