Please fix the love nest.

Discussion for the Fun server at: 66.151.244.49:27015

Please fix the love nest.

by Thomas The Train » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:23 pm

my god. love nest needs a serious clean up, it really does. heres what needs to happen:

remove the goddamn unwanted gamemodes: this is what drains the server. take a fucking vote or something on what gamemodes to remove, but the ones that NEED to go is heavy boxing and jump maps. they drain the server so fast, and we are wondering why we cant keep some of our regulars.

bring some gamemodes: bring ones that people want. X10 will be really popular once its fixed. figure out what your community wants. (PLEASE FORTWARSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE)

donor: this one is minor, but dont say your donor is game changing, head size fucks up sizing to the point of game breaking.

class limits: please raise them. people constantly fight about sniper. please put it to 2 or 3, its a fun class and more people want to play it. scouts are annoying and i'd like it at only 2.

admins: (removed, i talked to nikki about it)

all this ^^^^^^^^^^^^ will get more people to come. some people who left were talking about all this in skype and they said they will come back if some stuff is fixed.

tl;dr: add gamemodes, remove some.
Last edited by Thomas The Train on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas The Train
Donator

Re: fix the fucking love nest please

by Thomas The Train » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:36 pm

I asked a couple people what game modes they want:

- Surf

- Basketball (bball) http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Basketball

- Bomber Mod http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Bombermod

- Sniper Hell or whatever (intox gaming has) <----------------- pls add now

- Fortwars

- War3mod http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/War3Mod

- Smash Bros http://intoxgaming.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=29538
Thomas The Train
Donator

by Nikki Wolf » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:15 pm

On topic of the donor stuff, the "non game-breaking" term is mostly used for Slayboxes. On the fun servers, people go there to have fun. So if a donor wants to make his head big, so be it.

Class limits, they're applied to keep balance. Everyone going Sniper's not going to make it fun for the other team, especially if the Snipers are good. If you want to bypass limits, then donate.

If someone's abusing their position as admin, how about reporting it to another admin instead of posting about what this person does here (without naming who it is, in fact)?
Nikki Wolf

by Someone Special » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Thomas The Train wrote:class limits: please raise them. people constantly fight about sniper. please put it to 2 or 3, its a fun class and more people want to play it. scouts are annoying and i'd like it at only 2.
admins: we have so many. its so stupid. and none of them except game geek goes to fun server 2. also theres 1 certain admin that exploits and no one cares. he freezes people constantly on balloon race so we fall to out death. he freezes him self and then unfreezes himself on prop hunt so he can get props before they are done hiding. just train some of the admins better

I'd say the admins are trained fine, and that the class limits are very fair, so I oppose those two notions.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by megamoose » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:31 pm

I don't mean to be a bitch here, but a lot of the admins are trained perfectly. Also, Jump Maps and boxing are the 2 poop mods, but still, the server still does fine with them, even if we all want them removed.

The class limits are before the map starts, not before the round starts. So anybody can go scout or sniper before the map starts, they just can't change after it or they won't be it afterwards. As for donators, everything is fine...
megamoose
Donator

by HausOfJoel » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Heavy boxing and jump maps are not even on the map votes, and even when they pop up, they don't even get one vote. And are any of those mods even released for other servers to use? Trying some new modes would be nice, but imo they would just lose hype and get boring, and I think we should just worry about the current game modes before adding more. I don't see headsize as a problem, I thought the hitbox was the same (but I may be wrong?). The class limits are fine the way they are. I don't really see a need for more than one sniper.
HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by Knees of Justice » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Maybe if you could voice your opinions reasonably without coming off as a childish idiot, you'd get better results.
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

by Thomas The Train » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Knees of Justice wrote:Maybe if you could voice your opinions reasonably without coming off as a childish idiot, you'd get better results.

well its better than doing nothing.
Thomas The Train
Donator

by NBC011795 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Thomas The Train wrote:remove the goddamn unwanted gamemodes: this is what drains the server. take a fucking vote or something on what gamemodes to remove, but the ones that NEED to go is heavy boxing and jump maps. they drain the server so fast, and we are wondering why we cant keep some of our regulars.

As Joel said on those, they are rarely voted for even if they do come up, though they were both removed in the past, I believe steampipe or something like that made them start to show up in the vote again.

Thomas The Train wrote:bring some gamemodes: bring ones that people want. X10 will be really popular once its fixed. figure out what your community wants. (PLEASE FORTWARSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE)

Don't know anything about that X10 thing, but we have had Fortwars in the past and it failed from what I recall.

Thomas The Train wrote:donor: this one is minor, but dont say your donor is game changing, head size fucks up sizing to the point of game breaking.

Changing the headsize does not change the actual hitbox, so it doesn't break the game.

Thomas The Train wrote:class limits: please raise them. people constantly fight about sniper. please put it to 2 or 3, its a fun class and more people want to play it. scouts are annoying and i'd like it at only 2.

Class limits seem fine as they are to me, if anything I think that snipers should be removed from some maps.

Thomas The Train wrote:admins: we have so many. its so stupid. and none of them except game geek goes to fun server 2. also theres 1 certain admin that exploits and no one cares. he freezes people constantly on balloon race so we fall to out death. he freezes him self and then unfreezes himself on prop hunt so he can get props before they are done hiding. just train some of the admins better

First of all, Gamegeek is not the only admin who ever goes to FB2.

And as far as the admin issue goes, I have not seen any admins abusing their power for a long time, you would really have to provide some clear evidence of someone doing it in order for me to believe you, and as Nikki said, it should be brought to other admins privately, not on the forums.
NBC011795
Pink Admin

by Capiturism » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:50 pm

admins: we have so many. its so stupid. and none of them except game geek goes to fun server 2. also theres 1 certain admin that exploits and no one cares. he freezes people constantly on balloon race so we fall to out death. he freezes him self and then unfreezes himself on prop hunt so he can get props before they are done hiding. just train some of the admins better

First and foremost, if you wish to call me out on any mistakes I have made, please don't be afraid to say my name out in public so we should know who the hell you are referring to, seeing as we have "so many admins."

Secondly, "freezing people constantly" is a flat out lie seeing as I have only done it once and the people on the server found it humorous, sorry if you prefer to have your humor full of snipers dominating the entire map and floating minisentries. As for prophunt, thanks for leaving out that I;
1. Do not attack anybody afterwards, seeing as I am in civilian state.
2. Do not reveal the positions of props.
3. Do not get in the way of props or hamper their ability to hide.
But it's nice that you leave out the crucial details.

Third, there's hypocrisy in your statement seeing as if you know about the single time I froze people on balloon race, you'd know that I was on Fun Box 2 in order to do that, or did you mean to leave that part out as well?

But while you're in the mood to whine, how about you whine about the crashing issues that are on Lovenest that happen at least once or twice a day? These occur for no particular reason or rhyme, and it tends to happen while the map is loading.
Last edited by Capiturism on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Capiturism
Pink Admin

by Jettrax » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:54 pm

Now remember Thomas. If you voice your opinion and question the admins you're gonna have a bad time mmkay?
Jettrax
Donator

by megamoose » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:34 am

Jettrax wrote:Now remember Thomas. If you voice your opinion and question the admins you're gonna have a bad time mmkay?

Oh My Jett.
megamoose
Donator

by fingerman » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:42 am

I will do some revamping, we also need to have a list of wanted or favorite maps drawn up because I dont have a clue which ones suck. I will try to fix ff2 so it doesn't conflict with other gamemodes and I will look into installing some of the mods you mentioned. We also need to put some new game modes on fb2.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Nikki Wolf » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:43 am

Thomas The Train wrote:bring some gamemodes: bring ones that people want. X10 will be really popular once its fixed. figure out what your community wants. (PLEASE FORTWARSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE)

Don't know anything about that X10 thing, but we have had Fortwars in the past and it failed from what I recall.

X10 is Multiply Stats By 10, if I'm not mistaken.
Nikki Wolf

by GoDM1N » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:27 am

Jettrax wrote:Now remember Thomas. If you voice your opinion and question the admins you're gonna have a bad time mmkay?

Heyyy, long time no see. Hows your servers doing?
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by fingerman » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:57 am

GoDM1N wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States
fingerman
Red Admin

by Repoman » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:04 am

Knees of Justice wrote:Maybe if you could voice your opinions reasonably without coming off as a childish idiot, you'd get better results.

This, I will not listen because of this.
Repoman

by Repoman » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:06 am

Repoman wrote:

Knees wisdom is once again wizardly.

Also, the Fun Servers are fine at the moment, although we could use or drop a few maps.
In regards to headsize, we are not getting rid of it. Considering how you play Thomas, all you do at times is snipe and piss people off. Of course, this is fine since you are playing the game and by all means continue to do so. But if you want to actually "play" TF2, do it on the slayboxes and dont gripe about our donater plugins.

We admins do play on Fun Server 2 often, you players just never see us there for some reason. I mean I was there with alot of admins yesterday for several hours. I usually check on the server when I can for hackers, and other admins play on it often.
Repoman

Re: Please fix the love nest.

by CR33D » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 pm

On the topic of x10 TF2- I contacted them a while ago, and they said they don't plan on releasing the Mod for a few months. Granted, this was in March~ so things may have changed. I'll ask again, whenever Mario accepts my friend Request.
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

by fingerman » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:42 pm

CR33D wrote:On the topic of x10 TF2- I contacted them a while ago, and they said they don't plan on releasing the Mod for a few months. Granted, this was in March~ so things may have changed. I'll ask again, whenever Mario accepts my friend Request.

Tell me how the mod works and I can duplicate it. I need to know details on what happens to weapons etc.
fingerman
Red Admin

by Thomas The Train » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:50 pm

fingerman wrote:
CR33D wrote:On the topic of x10 TF2- I contacted them a while ago, and they said they don't plan on releasing the Mod for a few months. Granted, this was in March~ so things may have changed. I'll ask again, whenever Mario accepts my friend Request.

Tell me how the mod works and I can duplicate it. I need to know details on what happens to weapons etc.

weapons stats times 10. thats it. that also includes negative stats. some weapons are gonna need some fixing though cause they will be game breaking.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/TF2_x10

Repoman wrote:

sorry...?

pretty much

fingerman wrote:I will do some revamping, we also need to have a list of wanted or favorite maps drawn up because I dont have a clue which ones suck. I will try to fix ff2 so it doesn't conflict with other gamemodes and I will look into installing some of the mods you mentioned. We also need to put some new game modes on fb2.

thanks
Thomas The Train
Donator

by Thomas The Train » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:22 pm

GoDM1N wrote:

whats the need of being an asshole like that?
Thomas The Train
Donator

by GoDM1N » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Thomas The Train wrote:
GoDM1N wrote:

whats the need of being an asshole like that?

Thomas The Train wrote:I went to servers with pinion and got my self banned perma on them. The funniest was lotus clan becuase the ban reason is "stop being a fucking whale". I was spamming whale noises over the mic lol.

GoDM1N
Donator

by Thomas The Train » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:50 pm

GoDM1N wrote:

getting perma banned on servers who do terrible things like that isn't the same as just insulting a former member of your community on your fourms and making yourself look like an ass to people in your community.
Thomas The Train
Donator

by HausOfJoel » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Thomas The Train wrote:
getting perma banned on servers who do terrible things like that isn't the same as just insulting a former member of your community on your fourms and making yourself look like an ass to people in your community.

HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by GoDM1N » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Thomas The Train wrote:
GoDM1N wrote:

The guy has been banned for a year and stalks/nit picks our forum, he needs to let it go/get over it. We don't ignore people and their request, look at any other thread here in the love nest section for proof. He asked for it.

As for you, you'd get a better response from people if you don't demand things. A simple "Hey, I think we should remove this mod" would have been received much better than "remove the goddamn unwanted gamemodes". Heres a good example of how you should of gone about it.
GoDM1N
Donator

Return to Love Nest (Fun Server)