Johnydrisk as Hale?

Discussion for the Fun server at: 66.151.244.49:27015

Johnydrisk as Hale?

by Nomming Of Hams » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:49 pm

I remember there being discussions about whether or not Johny should be a type of hale. Maybe he could replace Demopan or just be his own. I see lots of room for an amazing boss battle, and I thought a topic should be made about this.
Nomming Of Hams
Donator

Re: Johnydrisk as Hale?

by Johnydrisk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:26 pm

MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW! It will be awesome! There's a thread in the pinkmin lounge for idea's already for ff2bosses and the only idea so far is me as a boss. MAKE ME AWESOME!
One frying pan is all I need to re-enact 300 in a server for 24.
Johnydrisk
Pink Admin

by Someone Special » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Nomming Of Hams wrote:I remember there being discussions about whether or not Johny should be a type of hale. Maybe he could replace Demopan or just be his own. I see lots of room for an amazing boss battle, and I thought a topic should be made about this.

I concur.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Balubish » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:45 am

Johnydrisk wrote:MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW! It will be awesome! There's a thread in the pinkmin lounge for idea's already for ff2bosses and the only idea so far is me as a boss. MAKE ME AWESOME!

PanMan2.0

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Hodgepodge » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:56 pm

I've already got one pancentric lunatic for a boss. I don't think another would be that great.
Did somebody call for the resident pessimist and doctor?
Hodgepodge
Pink Admin

by Knees of Justice » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:I've already got one pancentric lunatic for a boss. I don't think another would be that great.

This.

And I think we should avoid bosses based on community members. There are a lot of more interesting options available.
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

by Pikmin3411 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:34 am

Nomming Of Hams wrote:I remember there being discussions about whether or not Johny should be a type of hale. Maybe he could replace Demopan or just be his own. I see lots of room for an amazing boss battle, and I thought a topic should be made about this.

"The Drisk Brigade Has Arrived!"

*Insert special event similar to MVM here*

Its the only thing I can come up with.
Pikmin3411
Donator

by Nomming Of Hams » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:55 am

Knees of Justice wrote:
Hodgepodge wrote:I've already got one pancentric lunatic for a boss. I don't think another would be that great.

This.

And I think we should avoid bosses based on community members. There are a lot of more interesting options available.

Even though he is a community member, I feel like Johny could be a fun opportunity for both regulars and new players to enjoy playing as. If the right options are put into this boss, it could be a HUGE success.
Nomming Of Hams
Donator

by Hodgepodge » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Nomming Of Hams wrote:
Knees of Justice wrote:

This.

Even though he is a community member, I feel like Johny could be a fun opportunity for both regulars and new players to enjoy playing as. If the right options are put into this boss, it could be a HUGE success.

Okay, so lets say we make a Johny boss, all we're doing is switching his hats and changing his voice files to shrill shrieks. It's still a demopan, it just sounds and looks different. This adds another demopan to the boss list.

How is playing a weird sounding demo with a frying pan going to be a fun opportunity for both regulars and new people? Odds are if they're new to the server they won't even know who Johny is, they'll probably think they are some demo boss.

Define "right options." He will most likely wield the frying pan, and a Persian Persuader, and it's melee only so that rules out his grenade launcher. I don't see anything to this boss to add that wouldn't make him different than the Demopan.
Did somebody call for the resident pessimist and doctor?
Hodgepodge
Pink Admin

by CR33D » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:
How is playing a weird sounding demo with a frying pan going to be a fun opportunity for both regulars and new people? Odds are if they're new to the server they won't even know who Johny is, they'll probably think they are some demo boss.

Define "right options." He will most likely wield the frying pan, and a Persian Persuader, and it's melee only so that rules out his grenade launcher. I don't see anything to this boss to add that wouldn't make him different than the Demopan.

What Hodge is saying makes total sense. It all boils down to is it really worth the extra effort in making a slightly new model, voice prompts, and UI just for a slightly new boss?

I'm not sure where I stand on this. Sure, it may be fun, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort required while other problems currently exist. Maybe once we iron out the kinks with the servers, but at the moment its real iffy for me.
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

by Knees of Justice » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Let's try and keep the Love Nest less of a circlejerk than it already is and stick to more well-known, prominent bosses. There are plenty available for download on the AlliedModders forums that offer unique styles of gameplay.
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

Return to Love Nest (Fun Server)