Recent Fun Server Issues

Discussion for the Fun server at: 66.151.244.49:27015

Recent Fun Server Issues

by UncleTestes » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:49 pm

I've been back online for the past few days and the players of the 2 Fun Servers and I have been experiencing some bad problems. I don't know if any admins or coders have been made aware of this or not, so I figured I'd start a post about it. Hopefully in time we can get some of them fixed.

1) Autobalance is on it's period.
It usually happens when a player dies, but sometimes it happens before so and without warning.
We get autobalanced to the other team when the teams were already level.
Sometimes we are put right back on the team we were originally on immediately and sometimes not.
This problem is especially noticable in Freeze Tag mode, when multiple players, and sometimes the entire team even, are autobalanced back and forth, probably 2 or 3 times per second. This often causes premature round ends, and the autobalancing just carries over to the next round, but usually stops by the time the countdown is over.

2) Saxton Hale isn't the man he once was.
The main problems here are that the Super Jump and Rage are both broken. It will still give the percent ready for both, and it will still give the red ready message for when rage is full, but neither of them will release.
The Seeman is supposed to have a Seeldier to help him, but I've never seen it. Johnnydrisk told me they're supposed to work together but they work against each other.
I'm not sure if any custom-boss-specific powers besides that one are bad. I know the Demopan's charge spam still works, and still costs rage.
The plugin was updated recently so I assume the problem lies there, but I'm no expert in the subject.

3) The servers have been crashing more than usual.
We don't know what's causing these crashes, but we figured it'd be best to mention it anyway.

That about sums it up.
Sincerely,
The players of Love Nest
and Fun Server 2.
UncleTestes
Donator

Re: Recent Fun Server Issues

by Ninja » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:16 pm

We are currently working on these problems.
FF2 has a lot of problems and needs to be babysat constantly (according to fingerman)

It will get fixed as soon as possible
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by UncleTestes » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Alrighty then.
Thanks for the response.
UncleTestes
Donator

by Beartato » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:20 am

UncleTestes wrote:Autobalance is on it's period

Check your privilege, UncleTestes.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by UncleTestes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:59 pm

I can't say that?
Sorry, won't happen again.
UncleTestes
Donator

by fingerman » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Working on fixing the errors.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Nikki Wolf » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:06 pm

I may as well add on to this: I couldn't connect when the map was changed to vsh_dr_winterhill_beta2, without downloading the map from an external source. Without the external download, it would always result in my client crashing. Not sure if it's me, or if it's a general flaw with the server.

To everyone: If there are other maps that do something like that, please list them below.
Nikki Wolf

by fingerman » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Nikki Wolf wrote:I may as well add on to this: I couldn't connect when the map was changed to vsh_dr_winterhill_beta2, without downloading the map from an external source. Without the external download, it would always result in my client crashing. Not sure if it's me, or if it's a general flaw with the server.

To everyone: If there are other maps that do something like that, please list them below.

Client crash or map mot found error?
fingerman
Red Admin

by Arty_pn » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:37 pm

It happens to me as well, the server changes level then after retrieving server info tf2 just freezes
Arty_pn

by Nikki Wolf » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:46 pm

fingerman wrote:
Nikki Wolf wrote:I may as well add on to this: I couldn't connect when the map was changed to vsh_dr_winterhill_beta2, without downloading the map from an external source. Without the external download, it would always result in my client crashing. Not sure if it's me, or if it's a general flaw with the server.

Client crash or map mot found error?

It's a client crash. The download on the server may be corrupt or something, but I wouldn't know.
Nikki Wolf

by megamoose » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:58 pm

I could be the only one, but vsh_dr_cocanium NEVER qworks for me. I have to leave the server and wait for it later.

I get the error "Couldn't CRC map". When I look at the file, instead of a .bsp file, it's a winrar file. Whenever I try to delete it and try to redownload the map, it NEVER works.

Something is wrong.

Also, the Auto-balance [SM] is really screwing up everything, that's the real problem. Without it, we're good.
megamoose
Donator

by fingerman » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:12 am

In an effort to avoid confusion, please post what server you are talking about since there are two and they operate somewhat differently. I am looking into the steampipe problems, I know that depending on your setup some people have no trouble downloading the files and others end up with a map error.
fingerman
Red Admin

by megamoose » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 pm

My issues with the cocanium are the Lovenest.

Sm autobalance i believe is both though...
megamoose
Donator

by HausOfJoel » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:35 pm

From what I've seen autobalance has only been a problem on the Lovenest, hasn't been a problem so far.
Funserver 2 has problems with Saxton Hale, where you can't super jump or use the rage. Also, you cannot bring up the /hale menu. It also seems that the order for the boss is random, and sometimes the same person can be the boss two times in a row.
HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by Gamegeek93 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Another problem that I have been seeing alot on both servers is that on occasion, when the map changes, it keeps some elements from the past gamemode we were playing and applies them to the current one. I think that might have something to do with the team balance issues since the balance rules are changed during Saxton Hale. The SM team balance and the Saxton team balance might be fighting for control of the teams, causing all the player swopping. Just a thought I had.
Gamegeek93

Return to Love Nest (Fun Server)