Freeze tag tournament?

Discussion for the Fun server at: 66.151.244.49:27015

Freeze tag tournament?

by Ninja » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:18 am

How many people would actually be interested in doing this?

We were thinking of possibly adding this to our list of tournaments we do (we'll still be doing a db one sometime this year)
But I wanted a more team based one rather than one mainly on skill.

It would most likely be set up on as a 4v4 or even 5v5 if we get enough people who are interested.
We'll probably do it the same win format we do on the db tournaments.

If not it has been brought up to me that we can do this as a pink avc aswell to promote the fun servers.

Thoughts?
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

Re: Freeze tag tournament?

by cloud » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:06 pm

people who know me also know that I also refer to this as the antichrist of gamemodes. I think that it is honestly the worst thing to happen to CSn since the hidden, and if the tournament is held, I'll be sitting it out.
CSn's professional thread killer.
cloud
Donator
Hey look. It's that one guy.

by megamoose » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm actually very interested in this and I know some other pink admins would like it too. Very good idea! BTW, when's the next DB tourney, gotta polish my skills...
megamoose
Donator

by Grey Fox » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:46 pm

i have to agree a little bit with cloud (however i think if possible the problems with the hidden could be worked out). But i love the idea of a pink avc, we should have enough admins to make a full team. Maybe have a rotation of baloon or wackey races, dodgeball, and some mideval mode. (still hoping for pl morrigan alley). on another note with freezetag, i think spies should be re-implemented without the cloak and dagger. mainly because engineers and heavies have pretty much no hard counter otherwise.
Grey Fox
Pink Admin

by Ninja » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:59 pm

If we see people trying to hide we can beacon them, or time bomb.
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by GoDM1N » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:30 pm

cloud wrote:people who know me also know that I also refer to this as the antichrist of gamemodes. I think that it is honestly the worst thing to happen to CSn since the hidden, and if the tournament is held, I'll be sitting it out.

What don't you like about freeze tag?
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Grey Fox » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:02 pm

GoDM1N wrote:
cloud wrote:people who know me also know that I also refer to this as the antichrist of gamemodes. I think that it is honestly the worst thing to happen to CSn since the hidden, and if the tournament is held, I'll be sitting it out.

What don't you like about freeze tag?

the main problem I think is that theres no spies, and there are engineers. it's been thrown around to put the spy back without cloak and dagger. and probably just get rid of engineers alltogether.
Grey Fox
Pink Admin

by Grey Fox » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:03 pm

Ninja wrote:If we see people trying to hide we can beacon them, or time bomb.

main problem with that is what if there isnt an admin on at the moment.
Grey Fox
Pink Admin

by Lime_Flavored_Dragon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:04 pm

I agree that the removal of spies altogether was a mistake, and that it needs to remove only cloak and dagger.
ImageImage

8:04 PM - ≫ReL≪ PootisFactory CSn|LN: the dragon is sniffing the shark and the shark is tasting the dragon
Lime_Flavored_Dragon

by GoDM1N » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Grey Fox wrote:
Ninja wrote:If we see people trying to hide we can beacon them, or time bomb.

main problem with that is what if there isnt an admin on at the moment.

Lime_Flavored_Dragon wrote:I agree that the removal of spies altogether was a mistake, and that it needs to remove only cloak and dagger.

Cap the points? I don't think we need to remove anything, or even use admin powers. If someone is being a little bitch and hiding with the CnD, why not just cap the points to end the round?

Grey Fox wrote:on another note with freezetag, i think spies should be re-implemented without the cloak and dagger. mainly because engineers and heavies have pretty much no hard counter otherwise.

Grey Fox wrote:the main problem I think is that theres no spies, and there are engineers. it's been thrown around to put the spy back without cloak and dagger. and probably just get rid of engineers alltogether.

I've played freeze tag quite a bit over the last few days (all I've been voting for other than DR and dodge ball) and I've never had any problems with engineers. Not sure what problems they're causing, would you care to elaborate on why we should remove engis? I also don't see any reason why spies aren't allowed.

Anyway I've asked Finger to re-add spy. As of now it should be enabled on freeze tag.
GoDM1N
Donator

by Fencerboy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:23 am

yes
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by Ninja » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:54 am

I was thinking since there will probably be a lot of unbalanced teams make it so each team is only allowed one of each type of class plus a medic.

so a team would look like
1 medic
1 heavy/soldier/demo
1 engineer/pyro
1 sniper/spy/scout

I think it will even out teams since most will want to play all heavy classes and a team of all snipers wont get dominated instantly.
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by cloud » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:13 pm

My whole point with freeze tag is that whenever I play, people don't work as a team. They leave you to die while they leave and get themselves killed elsewhere. In addition, why would I play a deathmatch mode on the lovenest when I could just hop into the slaybox and do the same thing, minus the 3 minute long respawn time. Also, there is quite a lot of taunting going on, especially when a person is dead and can't do anything about the person dancing around in front of them. I think it's just a bad idea altogether, and I haven't liked the gamemode since it was first introduced. If it was removed, I personally wouldn't miss it.

Also on fingerman's gamemode review survey, I voted freezetag my most hated mode, followed by heavy boxing, followed by medieval.
Just thought I should share that.
cloud
Donator

by Ninja » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:47 pm

That's funny cause freeze-tag has been our most successful mod, ever.
According to the red admins :)

So I honestly think a tournament would be good for the server.
If you don't want to play it don't its as simple as that.

If you want a tournament we are working on getting a dodge-ball one set up.
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by GoDM1N » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:00 pm

cloud wrote:My whole point with freeze tag is that whenever I play, people don't work as a team. They leave you to die while they leave and get themselves killed elsewhere

Does team work ever happen in the LN on other mods? Also seeing how we're making a comp match out of it, there would be team work. Hopefully.

In addition, why would I play a deathmatch mode on the lovenest when I could just hop into the slaybox and do the same thing, minus the 3 minute long respawn time
Because freeze tag isn't on the slayboxs because its a mod. Its a totally different gametype as PL is different than CTF, or Saxton is different than dodgeball.

Also, there is quite a lot of taunting going on, especially when a person is dead and can't do anything about the person dancing around in front of them.
I thought this is what happened on the LN regardless.

I think it's just a bad idea altogether, and I haven't liked the gamemode since it was first introduced. If it was removed, I personally wouldn't miss it.

Also on fingerman's gamemode review survey, I voted freezetag my most hated mode, followed by heavy boxing, followed by medieval.
Finger has said its the most successful mod on the funserver's in their entire history. If you do not like it thats fine, but "survey says" other wise.
GoDM1N
Donator

by Grey Fox » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:40 pm

the problem is engineers that think they can win by camping in their own spawn with a lvl 3 sentry gun. it is just annoyng as all hell and just prolongs rounds.
Grey Fox
Pink Admin

by GoDM1N » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Grey Fox wrote:the problem is engineers that think they can win by camping in their own spawn with a lvl 3 sentry gun. it is just annoyng as all hell and just prolongs rounds.

How? Cap the point. Done.
GoDM1N
Donator

by Lime_Flavored_Dragon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:05 pm

GoDM1N wrote:
Grey Fox wrote:the problem is engineers that think they can win by camping in their own spawn with a lvl 3 sentry gun. it is just annoyng as all hell and just prolongs rounds.

There are certain maps where you can't cap...
ImageImage

8:04 PM - ≫ReL≪ PootisFactory CSn|LN: the dragon is sniffing the shark and the shark is tasting the dragon
Lime_Flavored_Dragon

by GoDM1N » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Lime_Flavored_Dragon wrote:
GoDM1N wrote:

There are certain maps where you can't cap...

Which maps? Assuming we cant enable points, pushing or whatever, those maps should be removed from freeze tag.
GoDM1N
Donator

by CR33D » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:15 pm

6v6 maybe?

1 Med
2 Soldiers
2 Scoots
1 Demo

That could be rather fun, especially if you can include objectives,
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

by taco man » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:16 pm

cloud wrote:My whole point with freeze tag is that whenever I play, people don't work as a team. They leave you to die while they leave and get themselves killed elsewhere. In addition, why would I play a deathmatch mode on the lovenest when I could just hop into the slaybox and do the same thing, minus the 3 minute long respawn time. Also, there is quite a lot of taunting going on, especially when a person is dead and can't do anything about the person dancing around in front of them. I think it's just a bad idea altogether, and I haven't liked the gamemode since it was first introduced. If it was removed, I personally wouldn't miss it.

Just let the people who like it play it, it will promote our fun servers too.
taco man
Donator
Dota 2. for it all. Its a 30$ value!

by Arty_pn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 pm

GoDM1N wrote:Which maps? Assuming we cant enable points, pushing or whatever, those maps should be removed from freeze tag.

I think Arena, KotH, plr. and db Really, capping only happens on 5 cp maps
Arty_pn

by megamoose » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 am

I would like to see this as a great oppurtunity to relax and have fun, just like the dodgeball tournament. I think a great team of players could be:
1 scout, 1 soldier, 1 pyro, (1 demo, no stickies), 1 sniper, 1 medic.

There could also be differnt "tournaments", like melee only, pan only, side-weapon only. Primary only. It would be great for more people to learn about our FUN NEST and hopefully join us in the future.

For the topic of capping, I think that if there are no engineers, then there should be maps where capping is disabled. It's just as simple as that to me...
megamoose
Donator

by GoDM1N » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Arty_pn wrote:
GoDM1N wrote:Which maps? Assuming we cant enable points, pushing or whatever, those maps should be removed from freeze tag.

I think Arena, KotH, plr. and db Really, capping only happens on 5 cp maps

Finger fixed any maps that objectives were disabled on.
GoDM1N
Donator

by cloud » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm not protesting the tournament, I'm protesting the game mode. It's cool that it's the server's most attractive mode yet, and I don't care if you hold the tournament or not. If there are class limits i.e. no spies and engies, then I'll be happy to take part, but it doesn't change the fact that I just don't like it. Lets just end the debate here, as one person's opinion doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things. Soooo...
That's that.
cloud
Donator

Return to Love Nest (Fun Server)