[New] Game Modes Feedback

Discussion for the Fun server at: 66.151.244.49:27015

[New] Game Modes Feedback

by Matheus28 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:19 am

I'm the guy which developed tons of plugins for TF2 (FortWars, The Hidden, etc.)

Now I'm creating mods for this server, and I would like your feedback.

The current ones which I will be testing are:
  • Run Scout, Run!
  • Arena DeathMatch
  • Trouble in Spy Town
  • Juggernaut

I'm not sure when they are going to be played, but some of them are already in the map rotation.

Please give your feedback about how things should be changed or what do you think that is not good.

Thanks.
Last edited by Matheus28 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Matheus28

Re: Game Modes Feedback

by Techercizer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:21 am

I look forward to the new experiences, and to helping you work some kinks out of these mods.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

Re: Game Modes Feedback

by VoltySquirrel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:25 am

Techercizer wrote:I look forward to the new experiences, and to helping you work some kinks out of these mods.

Same. Also, welcome.
VoltySquirrel

Re: [New] Game Modes Feedback

by Nikki Wolf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:28 am

Welcome to the forum. I am one of the admins for the server.

I won't be able to play your mods until I get back from my vacation, but I can't wait to see what they're like.
Nikki Wolf

by Mr.Gatsby » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 pm

I've already seen 2 of the 3 new mods, and I must say, they are interesting, even though the Run, Scout Run! gave my computer problems of not responding and closing the game out on me. The Arena Deathmatch is a quirky(but fun) game mod with the gimmick of being given a random class. I have yet to try the Trouble in Spy Town, but I'm curious on what it is and how it is played.
Mr.Gatsby

by Matheus28 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Mr.Gatsby wrote:I've already seen 2 of the 3 new mods, and I must say, they are interesting, even though the Run, Scout Run! gave my computer problems of not responding and closing the game out on me. The Arena Deathmatch is a quirky(but fun) game mod with the gimmick of being given a random class. I have yet to try the Trouble in Spy Town, but I'm curious on what it is and how it is played.

It's not in the server yet, it requires admin supervision because I'm not sure how it's gonna turn out :B
Matheus28

by AuronV3 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Welcome to the forums and thanks for choosing us again. Im looking forward to trying out the mods when I get back ^^
Jake wrote:Philosiraptor was asked to step in with the price checking debate.

VoltySquirrel wrote:It's "discussions" like this one here that make me never post in the Admin Lounge.
AuronV3
Gold Admin

by Shadow the Past » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:46 am

Run scout run is by far my least favorite mode. Capture ends in less than a minute, and hold can last for the entire map duration if it stays on the ground.

Perhaps you should consider adding perks, similar to how Zombie fortress works, to spice things up a bit? Not as many perks, just perks like leap, juggernaut, turtle, etc.
Shadow the Past

by Matheus28 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:47 am

Shadow the Past wrote:Run scout run is by far my least favorite mode. Capture ends in less than a minute, and hold can last for the entire map duration if it stays on the ground.

Perhaps you should consider adding perks, similar to how Zombie fortress works, to spice things up a bit? Not as many perks, just perks like leap, juggernaut, turtle, etc.

Could you cite exact perks with their effects? I'm not that creative.

Also, if anyone wants so suggest a new game mode, feel free to post here your idea.
Matheus28

by Nikki Wolf » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Matheus28 wrote:Also, if anyone wants so suggest a new game mode, feel free to post here your idea.

How about the Juggernaut game mode from Halo? One favorite part I remember from playing Halo with my friend Caleb a lot.
Nikki Wolf

by Techercizer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Vintage Meat Boy wrote:
Matheus28 wrote:Also, if anyone wants so suggest a new game mode, feel free to post here your idea.

How about the Juggernaut game mode from Halo? One favorite part I remember from playing Halo with my friend Caleb a lot.

I think that's called Vs. Saxon Hale.

If you're talking about one where multiple people become the powerful player in a round based on who's killed them, then maybe some sort of HWMvirus gamemode where he who destroys Painis Cupcake himself becomes Painis Cupcake?

Vagineer and other derivatives could be created for variety and many a good time.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by Nikki Wolf » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:33 am

Techercizer wrote:If you're talking about one where multiple people become the powerful player in a round based on who's killed them, then maybe some sort of HWMvirus gamemode where he who destroys Painis Cupcake himself becomes Painis Cupcake?

Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. And I already know about VSH. It's on the server HERP DERP! X3
Nikki Wolf

by Matheus28 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Vintage Meat Boy wrote:

Could you give me a description of that game mode?
Matheus28

by Techercizer » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Matheus28 wrote:
Vintage Meat Boy wrote:

One powerful player: More damage, more (or infinite) bullets, more (or sometimes less depending on the variant) speed, Sometimes HP regen and sometimes not.

Everyone is trying to kill the Juggernaut (the OP-strong player). On his death, the person who killed him in turn becomes the next Juggernaut, and the round continues. Points are awarded for killing the Juggernaut, and for getting kills as the Juggernaut, so it's a contest to see who can bring down the boss and how long they can survive to rack up kills when they take his place.

Sort of similar to Vs. Saxton Hale, but with Saxton being much weaker and multiple people becoming him in one round.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by Matheus28 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Techercizer wrote:
Matheus28 wrote:
Vintage Meat Boy wrote:

One powerful player: More damage, more (or infinite) bullets, more (or sometimes less depending on the variant) speed, Sometimes HP regen and sometimes not.

Everyone is trying to kill the Juggernaut (the OP-strong player). On his death, the person who killed him in turn becomes the next Juggernaut, and the round continues. Points are awarded for killing the Juggernaut, and for getting kills as the Juggernaut, so it's a contest to see who can bring down the boss and how long they can survive to rack up kills when they take his place.

Sort of similar to Vs. Saxton Hale, but with Saxton being much weaker and multiple people becoming him in one round.

Interesting, I may work on something similar when I have time.

I think it should be whoever did most damage, not who landed the last hit.
Matheus28

by duck » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:20 pm

hey m28, i love all your mods, if you can somehow make maps, make a unicorn cp map
duck

by Techercizer » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Are Run Scout Run and Trouble in Spy Town both admin-instigated gametypes? I've been wanting to playtest them but never see them available to vote for.

If they are, is there some sort of predictable time I could hop on to try them?
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by Vivi Hill » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:02 am

We don't have Trouble installed yet. Run Scout Run is in the Theme Maps section because it doesn't have enough maps for its own category.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Shadow the Past » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Matheus28 wrote:
Shadow the Past wrote:Run scout run is by far my least favorite mode. Capture ends in less than a minute, and hold can last for the entire map duration if it stays on the ground.

Could you cite exact perks with their effects? I'm not that creative.

Also, if anyone wants so suggest a new game mode, feel free to post here your idea.

I don't remember the exact ways all the perks work, but leap would be like Press E and you get thrown a good distance the way you're looking. Turtle you'd be slowed down but have a higher defence. Juggernaut the same, except higher attack.

I suggest this because running around mindlessly killing other scouts and sometimes going for the objective is rather boring, especially in such an open map. If I wanted to do that, I'd go to a Medieval Server. :P Imagine Zombie Fortress without the perks.

There just needs to be something there to make the mode a little more interesting.
Shadow the Past

by Techercizer » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:14 pm

There's also perks like Wise, which gives you increased damage for whacking enemies and increased defense for being hit yourself; they reward survivability with bonuses.

Then there's things like Pray and Resourceful that give you alternative ways to get health and supplies (from crouching still and killing enemies, respectively), so what you lose in killing power by passing up other perks, you gain as a buff to your long-term ability to survive.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by Shadow the Past » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Techercizer wrote:There's also perks like Wise, which gives you increased damage for whacking enemies and increased defense for being hit yourself; they reward survivability with bonuses.

Then there's things like Pray and Resourceful that give you alternative ways to get health and supplies (from crouching still and killing enemies, respectively), so what you lose in killing power by passing up other perks, you gain as a buff to your long-term ability to survive.

Run scout run isn't really about surviving, though. It's more about mindlessly rushing and holding M1 while trying to beat other scouts to the intel. That's what ruins the game mode for me. Perks would help make it so you can strategize to be better than other scouts, rather than it be a more bullshit version of Medieval.
Shadow the Past

by Techercizer » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Shadow the Past wrote:
Techercizer wrote:There's also perks like Wise, which gives you increased damage for whacking enemies and increased defense for being hit yourself; they reward survivability with bonuses.

Run scout run isn't really about surviving, though. It's more about mindlessly rushing and holding M1 while trying to beat other scouts to the intel. That's what ruins the game mode for me. Perks would help make it so you can strategize to be better than other scouts, rather than it be a more bullshit version of Medieval.

And perks that rewarded survivability would allow people who actually did try to stay alive to gain benefits for their unique playstyle.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by Failhorse » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm working on a better scout_run map.
Will make it more interesting without having to add perks and stuff.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by mrpikmin2 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:00 pm

random question, but could you make something medic based?

anyway, looking foward to trying these new game modes out.
mrpikmin2

by Techercizer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:42 pm

mrpikmin2 wrote:random question, but could you make something medic based?

anyway, looking foward to trying these new game modes out.

While we have a massive concentration of Medics here at CSn, my understanding is that they are relatively scarce in your typical pub server; if that is the case, it could prove difficult to design a whole gametype around them that the average player could enjoy.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by duck » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:24 pm

something with huntsmans, like a cool custom map arena type thing with only huntsmans and crossbows

also i love arena deathmatch, by far my favorite of the new mods
duck

by Techercizer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:46 pm

UnicornPoop wrote:something with huntsmans, like a cool custom map arena type thing with only huntsmans and crossbows

*cough Medieval Mode*
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by Matheus28 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:29 am

Suggest some perks to put in the scout run mod and I will choose the good ones.

Also, I'm finish the Juggernaut mod, it's gonna be in the server today or tomorrow.
Matheus28

by duck » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:24 pm

how about a longer melee range, or a sandman, leap would be nice, and maybe to be invisible
duck

by SnakeShesh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:11 pm

So, you create mods, a few of us at the Love Nest want a new fun mod to be Designed Called "Airpoot"
It is Heavy Boxing with low gravity in Mid Air, Can you try to help us Create it Officially?
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Airpoot
SnakeShesh

by fingerman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:05 pm

You don't need to create a mod to do that, that can easily be done with normal existing sourcemod plugins.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Saber » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:08 pm

What an old thread.
Saber

by SnakeShesh » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:48 pm

I know Fingerman but, while people on the server do Airpoot, so many Idiots just snipe people and just kill them, also, we don't want to have to wait for an Admin to turn on the Gravity, sometimes there isn't an Admin, so we can't do it.
SnakeShesh

by megamoose » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:52 am

Bananaoctopus wrote:How about we fix the broken game modes first? Like zombie fortress?

The only "broken thing" about ZF is the weapon choices... And some people prefer to be friendly.
Also, to update that, it would take a huge amount of finger's time, because he has to remove ZF, update on his computer, put it back, test it out to make sure it works, etc.
megamoose
Donator

by Grey Fox » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:21 pm

trouble in spy town sounds like itd be amazing if its done right. trouble in terrorist town is a geat mode for G-mod
Grey Fox
Pink Admin

by Ichise » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Are these mods still up? Could be fun to beta test and stuff.
Ichise

by Nikki Wolf » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:24 pm

triggerhappy841311 wrote:Are these mods still up? Could be fun to beta test and stuff.

No.
Nikki Wolf

Return to Love Nest (Fun Server)