The Fail Horse personal decade in review.

Introduce yourself here.

The Fail Horse personal decade in review.

by Failhorse » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:50 pm

10 years.... hmmmm... This is complicated.
10 Years ago (actually a bit less) I dropped out of college.
10 Years ago, I worked for Dennys. (Don't jive. I traveled the country and made 100k a year.)
10 Years ago, I still thought I was on a path at being a successful musician.. err drummer.
10 Years ago, I bought my first cell phone.
10 Years ago, I played a New Years 2000 party gig at a LGBT party. (yah that was interesting.)
10 Years ago, I thought Hollywood was a cool place to live.
10 Years ago, (and til probably 2005) I had hair longer than most women.
10 Years ago I wasn't a smoker. Not anymore either, but you get it.
10 Years ago I could walk on a plane without a valid picture ID, rectal exam, or post cancer screening.
In the last 10 years, I dated a crazy chick with family ties to the Chicago mob.

Going a little past the last 10 years. I have to say it's been a very interesting life experience for me. I graduated high school early, planning on being a musician/writer. Had this 400+ epic written. Realized I wasn't even 1/2 way done... writing wasn't for me. Decided instead to be a psychiatrist. Realized I hated listening to problems. Err maybe just didn't have the patience for bullshit. Left college. Slummed it up for a while scraping by as a musician. Worked my way at Denny's from a waiter to manger of store openings. Got shit canned in a restructuring. Pennyless again. New family thanks to a step child and a kick ass woman. (Dead beat dads suck.) Bartending at a TGIF.... (That low.. No I didn't wear flair.) Lucked out when a Guitar Center opened. Soon found myself managing one of the biggest stores in the country. Again, shit canned. This time for theft. No I wasn't a thief, but it was a big deal, and I wouldn't throw any employees under the bus... SO it was my head. Now unemployed with a child of my own. The biggest stroke of luck ever. Hired 2 days later, as a product manager, for one of the biggest instrument manufacturers in the world. Finally saved some cash, bought a house (after the collapse.) Went on to help found a new guitar manufacturer. And am my own boss now. (Dread will probably be inserted here soon.)

That's more my work history than life history. But I'm trying to represent my life's ups and downs. I could probably elaborate on the weird, funny and bad. But most of that is just awkward and kinda sad. Like: shit bombing Rob Thomas' tour bus, watching friends OD, and finding out multiple ex's are now lesbians. Now if my drums could talk, It'd probably be a whole different story.

And before someone calls me old. I'm only 29.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: The Fail Horse personal decade in review.

by Vintage Cholent » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:17 pm

that is hcore

“That’s not a knife. That’s a knife.” -“Crocodile Dundee”
JG:You are on a table, surround by naked dudes. What do you do?
VC: Leave the apple store
Vintage Cholent

by Enigma » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:04 pm

This should be a movie.
Enigma

by Ackybur » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:11 pm

It's the white version of pursuit of happyness.
Ackybur
Donator

by Gho$T » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:It's the white version of pursuit of happyness.

Hehe I was so thinking that same thing.
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

by Failhorse » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Not really. The bad times weren't terrible by any means. I was never homeless. Had family to back me up when I needed it. Actually, most of the bad things were self-inflicted. I always put my asshole powers in the wrong direction. Damn integrity, vs jokes at other people's expense.

Oddly the movie thing was discussed. Not about be, but the things that happened in the larger group of people I knew. A lot of strange things. That's putting it lightly.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Vintage Cholent » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:25 pm

I am a drummer too, pretty wild life myself. (saved two peoples lives/visited more than 3 continents/survived terrorist attacks/car crashes/lost friends to bombings and OD's/worked in construction, ACME (the real one), West Coast Video (Best job ever!!! free movies and movie watching on the clock)before they shut down, and then became the IT supervisor at a company with more than 1300 employees. To add to all this, I was never in high school; got a GED and went straight to community then to regular college)

“That’s not a knife. That’s a knife.” -“Crocodile Dundee”
JG:You are on a table, surround by naked dudes. What do you do?
VC: Leave the apple store
Vintage Cholent

Return to Introductions