Commentary

Introduce yourself here.

Commentary

by The Sting Hurricane » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 am

We're currently listening to commentary right now, and I have to say it is always entertaining. :] I think that it should be done more often. It's one of my favorite things.
]Image
The Sting Hurricane
Donator
~*That One Girl*~

Re: Commentary

by Hard Ass Tony » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:57 am

Sandman and I will try to do commentaries as often as possible. Expect at least two per week. Glad you're enjoying our monkey business.
Hard Ass Tony

by Dèx » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:06 am

Now i have to mute more :cry:
‹Failhorse› you guys are fucking boring.
How to get a girl
This works. Walk up to a girl and shake her hand. Complement her boobs, tell her she has a nice smile. Tell her your children with her will be beautiful. Complement her boobs again.
- Guy
Dèx

by Hard Ass Tony » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:56 am

Dèx wrote:Now i have to mute more :cry:

Good thing TF2 has an auto mute for 12 year old Danish kids. Also, good morning to the USA and I would like to note that I'm currently eating a Danish roll, like you, for breakfast. :D
Hard Ass Tony

by Sirnak » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:30 am

I only played during 2 commentaries this far and I must say it's somewhat entertaining. I'd just need to adjust the game volume to your both voices since it sometimes hurt my ears (it's cause of my own headphones though).

Also, during your first commentary, just a small comment like that to help you improve a bit, you'd sometimes give hints to the enemy about where I was and what I was about to do while playing Pyro or Spy. Please don't do that. I still remember the Medic turning around with his Ubersaw after you said that. xD

I don't remember you doing that mistake in the second commentary I saw though, but I just wanted to let you know. You guys do a good job. :3
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by Dèx » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:56 am

Hard Ass Tony wrote:
Dèx wrote:Now i have to mute more :cry:

Good thing TF2 has an auto mute for 12 year old Danish kids. Also, good morning to the USA and I would like to note that I'm currently eating a Danish roll, like you, for breakfast. :D

Im sorry to dissapoint you but you aint worthy to hear my Voice
You... You.... hard ass!
How to get a girl
This works. Walk up to a girl and shake her hand. Complement her boobs, tell her she has a nice smile. Tell her your children with her will be beautiful. Complement her boobs again.
- Guy
Dèx

by Guy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:48 am

Also, don't need to be telling people if a medic is fully charged, thier charge level 'almost charged', where the medic is at. ect.

Unless you were trolling. Idk.

Speaking of trolling, isn't Sandman supposed to be an Admin?

Anywho, I am having to leave TF2 for a while. I will see ya'll laters, will miss you guys too. :(
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by tehs4ndman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:13 pm

i appreciate the good comments, and also we don't ghost away positions. We talk about deployed ubers to give credit to where its due. We might also talk about team competition a bit but to discuss our opinions we don't even give away what classes the teams are using. We keep whichever slaybox we are in full to capacity until we leave, which could be as late as 4-5am and we bring donators and other new regulars on to the forums with it so i think we will continue on with this.

EDIT: also tuna, i don't think you should have an opinion on the matter because all you do when you enter the slayboxes is pester people to trade, there is a trade server you can do that in, nobody wants you see you spamming chat in the middle of the round.

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

trade me!!! http://www.tf2items.com/id/tehs4ndman
tehs4ndman

by Dèx » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:13 pm

tehs4ndman wrote:i appreciate the good comments, and also we don't ghost away positions. We talk about deployed ubers to give credit to where its due. We might also talk about team competition a bit but to discuss our opinions we don't even give away what classes the teams are using. We keep whichever slaybox we are in full to capacity until we leave, which could be as late as 4-5am and we bring donators and other new regulars on to the forums with it so i think we will continue on with this.

EDIT: also tuna, i don't think you should have an opinion on the matter because all you do when you enter the slayboxes is pester people to trade, there is a trade server you can do that in, nobody wants you see you spamming chat in the middle of the round.

pff. Nobody wanna hear your ugly voice in the middle of a round
How to get a girl
- Guy
Dèx

by tehs4ndman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Dèx wrote:
tehs4ndman wrote:i appreciate the good comments, and also we don't ghost away positions. We talk about deployed ubers to give credit to where its due. We might also talk about team competition a bit but to discuss our opinions we don't even give away what classes the teams are using. We keep whichever slaybox we are in full to capacity until we leave, which could be as late as 4-5am and we bring donators and other new regulars on to the forums with it so i think we will continue on with this.

sorry tuna but if we fill the servers up and people are excited when we come on in the middle of the night, apparently they do.

just noticed this is in the introductions thread el oh el

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

tehs4ndman

by Ackybur » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Miss you Sussy and Cutler.
Ackybur
Donator

by Sussy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Honestly, you guys need some work on your commentary. When you guys do it, it's more like two guys talking about the game from a isolated perspective - like an in group commenting on what the in-group is doing. Rarely do I hear any server announcements, informing the players of where they are playing, how they can support Crit sandvich, events, give aways etc.

Cutler needs a new mic, his broke, but I'd be will to do some commentary in my spare time. I want to set up a time each week that I do commentary so people know when to expect it. Thats my 2 cents doodz.
Sussy
Donator

by Mike808 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Sussy wrote:Rarely do I hear any server announcements, informing the players of where they are playing, how they can support Crit sandvich, events, give aways etc.

umm we do all that.
Every round start "welcome to critsandvich etc etc" round end sandman has like a little outro where he thanks everyone and reminds them again of csn, forums, adding server to favs, donating, etc.
Randomly in round we explain donator benefits and such, or after someone joins and says how long they had to wait to get in to listen.
We promote the forums, and ive given away many things through simple games like guess my birthday/guess a # from 1-100 cause im not that good at com so i just donate my items.

our regular listeners already know that if there are 2 hardass members with 0 points we are doing com.
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Sussy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Hmmm... Maybe I haven't heard you guys them. I know two other people were doing commentary at one point and I had those complaints. Sorry! I assumed it was you two! I feel like I've neglected the baby that I birthed at critsandvich, and now you guys are raising it! I will be a better father, I SWEAR! I HOPE THE PO POS DONT TAKE MA BABY AWAAAAAAY! :o
Sussy
Donator

by Dominus » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:19 pm

When you have two enthusiastic commentators who'd rather entertain you with their mic than entertain themselves by playing, why are you complaining? Where else do you find live commentaries?

Don't listen to the haters.
Dominus

by Guy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Live 'commentary' that is also heard by the enemy team. You don't want the enemy knowing where your at what so ever. Calling things out in the guise of commentary is just bs.
I don't want the enemy knowing I am just calling out a fake charge so we can hold them back.
I don't want the enemy knowing I am rushing thier base with an uber. That I am fully charged, ect, what uber type I have.
I am pretty sure spies and snipers don't want you to even know they are where they are at, period.

Over all it makes it where you can't even hear what is going on around you either. Main reason I turned off voice in the 1st place.

Thats my two cents.

I take it the commentary on comp teams facing off isn't heard by either team... I wonder why.
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Techercizer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Guy wrote:Live 'commentary' that is also heard by the enemy team. You don't want the enemy knowing where your at what so ever. Calling things out in the guise of commentary is just bs.
I don't want the enemy knowing I am just calling out a fake charge so we can hold them back.
I don't want the enemy knowing I am rushing thier base with an uber. That I am fully charged, ect, what uber type I have.
I am pretty sure spies and snipers don't want you to even know they are where they are at, period.

Over all it makes it where you can't even hear what is going on around you either. Main reason I turned off voice in the 1st place.

Thats my two cents.

I take it the commentary on comp teams facing off isn't heard by either team... I wonder why.

Because though commentary is fun, it adds more variables into the game to track, many of which are not player-based.

And that is why we shouldn't have SB2 commentary, but SB1 commentary is a great idea.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by Mike808 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Guy wrote:Live 'commentary' that is also heard by the enemy team. You don't want the enemy knowing where your at what so ever. Calling things out in the guise of commentary is just bs.

Thats my two cents.

guy, it was a simple mistake that happened once. stop continuously bringing it up. we already said we are sorry and that we dont ghost.
we try to keep whats going on as secret as possible.
it probably happened when we first just started, we have bearing on how to do it more "professionally" so im sure it wont happen again
and if you have voice off how are you even sure we are saying things? that just kills your argument completely.
stop complaining. we keep the server alive for 2-3 hours more then normal. and the instant we say we are done for the night literally everyone leaves.
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by tehs4ndman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:57 pm

don't worry mike, the people criticizing haven't even joined the server to listen in, i for one enjoy keeping the server completely full all night long, let em bitch.

tehs4ndman

by jawsh » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:15 am

tehs4ndman wrote:don't worry mike, the people criticizing haven't even joined the server to listen in, i for one enjoy keeping the server completely full all night long, let em bitch.

2AM server full, on a weeknight. A+
You should change your name on steam during commentating to add further advertising for those too lazy to look at server info.
jawsh

by rawkies » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 am

jawsh wrote:2AM server full, on a weeknight

happens every night on westbox

WEST COAST BEST COAST
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

by Stopitdad1 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:42 am

EVERYTIME YOU GUYS DO COMMENTARY I NO CAN DO GOOD BECAUSE I CANT HEAR FOOTSTEPS!!!!!!!!!

WTF!?!?!?!?!/111/1/1/!?!/1?!!?!?!?1/1?!?!/1?!?!!?!?
Stopitdad1

by jawsh » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:14 am

rawkies wrote:

WEST COAST BEST COAST

Except the players are awful.
jawsh

by tehs4ndman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:21 am

jawsh wrote:
rawkies wrote:

WEST COAST BEST COAST

Except the players are awful.

this

tehs4ndman

by Ackybur » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:57 pm

Still miss you Sussy and Cutler. If it will bring you two back, I'll buy Cutler a microphone. You two actually have radio voices.
Ackybur
Donator

by The Sting Hurricane » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:40 pm

WRONG.

Dèx wrote:

]Image
The Sting Hurricane
Donator
~*That One Girl*~

by Mike808 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:44 am

Sussy gave us his approval today :3
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by tehs4ndman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:54 am

Mike808 wrote:Sussy gave us his approval today :3

<3 sussy is the man

tehs4ndman

by Shmooly » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:06 am

Aw I want to play during commentary again. Sadly this may be my unofficial statement of a leave of absence from tf2.

Stuff I don't know what to do with...
http://www.tf2items.com/id/Shmooly
Shmooly

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:08 am

Shmooly wrote:Aw I want to play during commentary again. Sadly this may be my unofficial statement of a leave of absence from tf2.

WTF? You just got here. WHY IS EVERYONE LEAVING ME!? Oh wait, I don't really know you.
VoltySquirrel

by Shmooly » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:29 am

VoltySquirrel wrote:
Shmooly wrote:Aw I want to play during commentary again. Sadly this may be my unofficial statement of a leave of absence from tf2.

WTF? You just got here. WHY IS EVERYONE LEAVING ME!? Oh wait, I don't really know you.

I've been playing on the server since last year if I remember right I just never cared to socialize until now.

Stuff I don't know what to do with...
http://www.tf2items.com/id/Shmooly
Shmooly

Return to Introductions