Hi!

Introduce yourself here.

Hi!

by Bullwinkle » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:32 am

Been enjoying playing on the TF2 server for the past few weeks, thanks for the great server! I've been playing TF2 since 2008, and always like finding new and active communities.

With that said, I do like the alltalk, but would love a stronger approach to muting/gagging the mic spammers. Mic spammers can easily kill a server, all things withstanding (especially with the polycount update and trading). Is there an admin list for the TF2 server available? Do you use a sourcemod, mani admin plugin , or similar? If so, do all of the admins know how to use said plugin?

I get the impression there are a bunch of TF2 admins, I just don't feel like I've seen them in action much..

Thanks!
Bullwinkle

Re: Hi!

by Ackybur » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:06 am

Hey Bullwinkle! I've seen you around a bunch. Add me on, I play around the same times you do (steam is tortuga1231 or I'm on the group list). What do you consider mic spamming though? Just annoying kids yelling every few minutes about how their teleporter blew up, or something more extreme?
Ackybur
Donator

by Bullwinkle » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Nah, mic spamming is more than just folks complaining -- more up the alley of consistently being annoying -- although I do understand how it can be a judgement call. Added you on steam :)
Bullwinkle

by NuclearWatermelon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:07 am

I'm sorry if I annoy you with my "yeah" and "nope". I tend to use it as an easy way for yes and no, as I lack a microphone, and many people seem to not read the text chat.
NuclearWatermelon

by Bullwinkle » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:25 pm

NuclearWatermelon wrote:I'm sorry if I annoy you with my "yeah" and "nope". I tend to use it as an easy way for yes and no, as I lack a microphone, and many people seem to not read the text chat.

Nope, don't worry about that type of stuff. I'm more specifically talking about folks who yell or spam ALL the time about worthless crap. Anyway, probably showing my age :). Get off my lawn!
Bullwinkle

by Ackybur » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:28 pm

At first I was like man this bullwinkle guy is cool

NOPE

NEVER SEEN SO MANY RANDOM CRITS IN MY LIFE RARARARARARARA

:3
Ackybur
Donator

by Bullwinkle » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:37 am

Admiral Ackybur wrote:At first I was like man this bullwinkle guy is cool

NOPE

NEVER SEEN SO MANY RANDOM CRITS IN MY LIFE RARARARARARARA

:3

lol, angry ackybur is angry. Crockets FTW. I think I got a quadruple kill on a random last night. I usually feel bad when that happens, but those moments are why I still play tf2 :).
Bullwinkle

by Snowsickle » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:58 am

Welcome. I think the closest thing we have to an admin list thus far is the steam group -- anyone with admin (a star) on that list should also have admin in-game. I'm around, in some form or another, for most of the day, so feel free to let me know if there are problematic people in the server.
Snowsickle
Blue Admin

Return to Introductions