Goomba Stomp disabled due to balance issues

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

Goomba Stomp disabled due to balance issues

by Vivi Hill » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:57 am

So, Goomba is disabled because it's not fair to classes like heavies and it's overpowered for scouts. Sorry guys, but it's true, aint' it? If we can figure out a better way to do it that's more fair, we can get it back. Any ideas?
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Re: Goomba Stomp disabled due to balance issues

by Repoman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Replace it with the ability to have all team heavy rounds.
Repoman

by Maringue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:03 am

Goomba stomp heavily favors the Scout, and since the short stop came out, I don't think we need to give Scouts any more advantages than they already have. That damn gun does WAY too much damage. It can kill a heavy with one clip, which takes less than 2 seconds to unload.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Divide by NaN » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:52 am

How about you leave it off because it's gay?
Divide by NaN

by Level 69 BP » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:10 am

for full disclosure, I was/am one of the opponents of Goomba Stomp. Here are my concerns against it, from private threads.

Can we install my new plugin called Jesus Heavy alongside Goomba Stomp? Whenever you play Heavy and you point your reticle at an enemy, the enemy will die. You can toggle Jesus Heavy off, but it defaults to on, so that new players to the server will be eaten alive by Jesus Heavies.

If my plugin doesn't make sense, what is the rationale behind Goomba Stomp?

my issue with Goomba Stomp is that Valve spends time to balance classes, and adding a new power to a class will make that class overpowered. If classes like scout, spy, demoman, and soldier get more opportunities to Goomba Stomp, there should be an equivalent plugin that increases the power of heavies, engis, and other classes that don't have the same opportunities to be on top of someone's head.
Level 69 BP

by Gho$T » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:32 am

Holy crap that is .. kinda .. scary. The death stare!!
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

by Maringue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:57 am

I agree with removing goomba. Since they changed the physics on the scout so that Natasha does not slow him down while jumping, we need to get rid of goomba. In fact, even Valve has noticed that Natasha's lack of effect on a jumping scout is over balanced. Benny noticed this about the same time I did, but Valve has increased the amount that your movement is slowed when you get hit by Natasha. It went from annoyingly slow to practically stopping you in your tracks. I think this was in response to the change they made in regards to the scout. This was a stupid way to fix it and the right way would have been to change the Natasha effects on jumping scouts back to how it was originally. My opinion for why that didn't happen is that there are people at Valve who have a massive hardon for the scout and don't think he gets played enough.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Vivi Hill » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Yeah, I don't think natasha should slow you to even slower than the heavy can walk while spun up. So many times I've tried to escape but can't because the heavy is following me and preventing me from leaving his fire range.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Return to Server Support