Airblasting Debate for Dodgeball

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

Airblasting Debate for Dodgeball

by SpoonFox » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:12 pm

I have heard from 2 admins now.. "you may airblast people who come to your side"
"Alpha Prime" STEAM_0:0:8616273
Recorded admin who said such (The other I don't recall who it was)

I was kicked by alt before for airblasting, and kicked again for airblasting someone -on my side- by another admin in a different instance.

So then...

In dodgeball it is ACCEPTABLE to airblast people if they come on your side... Yes or no?

And this alpha prime 'admin' was intent on this being the rule, which is quite crude because admins shouldn't make rules, they should -enforce- them.

Quote from him. "Tell Benny to say whatever he wants" when I stated I wanted to ask Benny Hill about this (I don't know any other red admins to ask, sorry Benny)
SpoonFox

Re: Airblasting Debate for Dodgeball

by psyk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Yes you can, if they are on your side, its natural you may get airblasted due to them trying to get a rocket, and I really don't see the point in argumenting that interpretation whether there was rocket near or not. If you don't want to be airblasted, stay on your side.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by SpoonFox » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

psyk wrote:If you don't want to be airblasted, stay on your side.

Others state otherwise and have attacked me for saying they shouldn't be on this side if they didn't want to be airblasted. I can understand accidental airblasting, but running up and airblasting someone 50ft in the air over and over again isn't acceptable, and I was told that wasn't acceptable either.

EDIT: Furthermore, the people who were on our side airblasted us. So is it safe to say we can run to their side and airblast -them- now? Those people didn't get in trouble, yet I did.
SpoonFox

by NuclearWatermelon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 pm

If it was purely an accident, it is acceptable, generally. Don't go out to airblast someone because they are on your side.
NuclearWatermelon

by SpoonFox » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:26 pm

NuclearWatermelon wrote:If it was purely an accident, it is acceptable, generally. Don't go out to airblast someone because they are on your side.

This is exactly what I was told! Psyk says otherwise though!
SpoonFox

by psyk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 pm

If you are on their side, I wont try to argue that there was no rocket, too much going on for that.I only get on the case of those airblasting on the other teams side since I dont care if there is a rocket or not in that case, you are there and they will prolly assume you are there to airblast them and will freak out.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by SpoonFox » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Standing in the corner crouched generally is not a sign of airblasting, especially if the user states right up they don't like being airblasted or airblasting others. Thusly, that argument isn't valid because you are giving them permission to airblast others who go on their side. There are two rockets, and airblasting someone when a rocket isn't even your team's target, that should be penalized.

In my opinion, it's a bit lazy to just let them airblast each other if offsides, it shouldn't be airblast at all, if it is and a rocket is -near- and is the target of -your- team, then that's acceptable due to accident (and the player's fault for not moving out of the way because you can normally clearly see a rocket coming that way).

Only -one- map is a definative 'sides' area in my opinion and that's float, where you have to jump across a death gorge to reach the other side.

One map is a box that has color coded sides, but some players go to the opposite side for 'safety' and strategy, because you get less rockets that way, or my reason, to actually send rockets to those who go on my team's side (To prevent 'safety').

The last map (that know), is castle, which is a legit 100% freeform from what I have seen and -all- airblasting seems penalized on that map because there aren't -color coded- sides, even the teams start in different areas.

So overall... I think -no- form of airblasting should be done, even on sides. (I was indeed kicked for airblasting someone who came on my side, yes, kicked, ironically, while you were there, Psyk, this was about a week or two ago).

Anyways... That is my closing argument for this debate... I will agree with NuclearWatermelon.
SpoonFox

by Toaster » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:03 am

Why do people get kicked or slayed on the fun server? What happened to voice warnings or do those only apply to the SB servers?

Maybe you guys can write a mod to void air blasts on opposite factions in their respective areas.
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Ninja » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:11 am

Toaster wrote:Why do people get kicked or slayed on the fun server? What happened to voice warnings or do those only apply to the SB servers?

Maybe you guys can write a mod to void air blasts on opposite factions in their respective areas.

We don't kick and or slay with out multiple warnings first.
So he can't say we didn't warn him.
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by SpoonFox » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:45 am

Ninja wrote:We don't kick and or slay with out multiple warnings first.
So he can't say we didn't warn him.

When I was kicked the first time I was warned once, but I missed it. The second time (when I was keeping someone from getting close to me on our side) I was just kicked if I recall.
SpoonFox

by Ninja » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:03 am

well as an fyi no one took note of it
but ill talk to alt usually the second to third warning should be a slay

I will be looking for more DB maps to add to replace those that people can grief on
bear with me until i do

but try to stay on your own side I normally yell at people if they don't
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by psyk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:59 am

I usually warn 4-5 times for actually even just slaying for it. It takes about 3 slays for a kick. and it takes about 5 kicks before I put a 30 minute ban. I think people get plenty of warnings toaster.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by psyk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:02 am

SpoonFox wrote:So overall... I think -no- form of airblasting should be done, even on sides. (I was indeed kicked for airblasting someone who came on my side, yes, kicked, ironically, while you were there, Psyk, this was about a week or two ago).

I prolly was switched windows working on the server itself so I wasn't noticing what the 'trial' admins were doing. Thats a whole different story what they do since we are still teaching them or rejecting them.

On castle, its the only map I get mad at any airblaster since there are no sides at all, but in tennis, stay on your side and you will be safe.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Vivi Hill » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 am

Oh, and as I mentioned before I've been planning to work on a dodgeball map. I'll see if I can get the teams separated for it.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Germz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Maybe the best way to decide is with a poll, aint it? Seems we have varying statements about this.
Germz

by SpoonFox » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:40 pm

benny hill wrote:Oh, and as I mentioned before I've been planning to work on a dodgeball map. I'll see if I can get the teams separated for it.

If I could find out how to get the code to work for one, I'd even make one. The float one seems to do the ticket (Exception of the middle part, which damages you crossing over and is incredibly hard to do for a non-skilled crouch jumper)
SpoonFox

by Vivi Hill » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:03 pm

If you need help with the specifics of a map, they have a sample dodgeball map on their hg here. It didn't load for me in hammer but I looked at the keyvalues and figured out which entities needed to be made.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Return to Server Support