Can't Load TF2Ware

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

Can't Load TF2Ware

by JointChief » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Hey, I'm a new member and I love the servers, but every time the map changes to tf2ware I get kicked. Do I need to download something to make it work? Thanks in advance!
JointChief

Re: Can't Load TF2Ware

by Smeemo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:28 pm

What message do you get? Is it a Steam message saying "Kicked by console?" Or what?
Smeemo

by Vivi Hill » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Your problem is probably with the map. It happens now and then. Go to your tf/maps folder in your steam install of TF2 and delete the imgay/ folder in sound/ and the files in maps/ tf2ware_test#.bsp

You should get a fresh download and it should work again.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by JointChief » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:25 pm

It's not kicked by console, I'll update you next time it happens. I think something about tf2ware isnt loading properly. maybe if I could download the files seperately or something. thanks for your help
JointChief

by Germz » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:34 am

What seems to have been the problem in test_34 was that the map wouldn't unzip automatically after being downloaded. Maybe that's something to try out.
Germz

by JointChief » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:03 am

I deleted the sound and map files, still crashed tf2 and I got the following message

"bad inline model number 52 worldmodel not yet setup"

I'll check to see if I can manually unzip the map. Thanks
JointChief

by Maringue » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:53 am

I received that same error on the same map that crashed TF2. I got back on and rejoined and there wasn't a problem.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by AcesTheMan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:31 am

Maringue wrote:I received that same error on the same map that crashed TF2. I got back on and rejoined and there wasn't a problem.

Well, I tried the same thing, except that the map doesn't exist at all in my folders. It's no in Tf/maps and I cannot find TF2ware_test34 ANYWHERE on the internet or on my comp. Everyone says to manually unzip the file but how can I unzip it if IT'S NOT THERE.
AcesTheMan

by Germz » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:48 am

Okay then, I understand your anger. There's something else to try, I guess.

Yesterday, a friend of mine tried to join. He had the same problem, and we tried the same options, nothing worked again. While going through the options, it seemed that somehow, "Allow custom content" was turned off (Or whatever it's called). After turning it on again, the zipped map showed up after connecting, and he had to unzip it manually. Then it worked.

If NOTHING else works, I guess we should discuss putting a map download on critsandvich.com?
Germz

by AcesTheMan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Germz wrote:Okay then, I understand your anger. There's something else to try, I guess.
While going through the options, it seemed that somehow, "Allow custom content" was turned off (Or whatever it's called). After turning it on again, the zipped map showed up after connecting, and he had to unzip it manually. Then it worked.

If NOTHING else works, I guess we should discuss putting a map download on critsandvich.com?

Custom content? Is that an option in the TF2 game? or...
AcesTheMan

by AcesTheMan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Sorry for double post but, I have the option turned on, I always have :/

I can play anywhere else on tf2ware except for tf2ware itself, and Allow custom files from servers IS turned on. What else can I do?
AcesTheMan

by Vivi Hill » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:56 pm

http://gov.toolshape.com/fastdown is the fastdl for the fun server. All the maps and files can be gotten manually there. Note, they're in bz2 compressed format so you'll need to use winRAR or some other tool to unzip them.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by AcesTheMan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:00 pm

It's unzipped to regular bsp now, but I still end up crashing even with the map in tf/maps
AcesTheMan

by Germz » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:56 am

Do you get the same error message?
Otherwise, that's all I got :/
Germz

Return to Server Support