Map Vote

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

Map Vote

by Beartato » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm not too thrilled with our current map vote system. Our servers have practically become 24/7 Payload + Attack/Defend. I can't remember the last time I played PLR on CSn and it's been very long since I last played 5CP, CTF, etc.

A pretty typical night on CSn looks like

pl_upward
cp_gorge
pl_hoodoo
pl_goldrush
cp_mountainlab
pl_upward
pl_badwater
cp_gorge
etc

I know I can nominate and pump my nomination, but the reality is that no one votes votes for koth_badlands, cp_gullywash_final, etc. when the option of playing pl_frontier_final for the second time in two hours is available.

Edit: Threw together a few numbers to make my point. I looked at the last 24 hours of SB1. The server was unpopped for 4.1 hours overnight. There were 18.3 hours of either PL or A+D maps played. The remaining 1.6 hours were KOTH, 5CP, 3CP, CTF, PLR, etc.

The last 6.2 hours (since the server popped this morning) have entirely been either PL or A+D maps.
Last edited by Beartato on Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

Re: Map Vote

by Marni » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:45 pm

The sever has become pretty much non stop payload and only 2 playload maps at that. I think that the voting system should'nt let you vote for the type of map you just played. So no more back to back badwater and upwards. Hell maybe we should just make it a system of rotating map types and we just get to pick the map of the set next type.
Marni

by fingerman » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Feel free to set a new map or make a vote, but the system is setup to populate the server and not to be extravagant in variety.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Sanic-X » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 am

I agree- we do Badwater, Dustbowl, Upward, Goldrush, and Butt Chunder Mountain a lot. I mean a lot. I liked the old voting where you chose the kind of map you wanted to play (PL, CTF, A/D, etc) first, but apparently we can't do that anymore? As someone who often plays for 2 or more hours at a time (I have no life), I've seen the server bounce between those maps a lot. Sometimes we do the same map twice, with only one other, different map between.

I guess it's easier to pop the server with those maps, but as I stated, I play for 2+ hours at a time and its gets boring doing those maps.
..::..-context is important-..::..
gotta go fast
Sanic-X
Blue Admin

by Nikki Wolf » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:42 am

Not so different on the Love Nest. It's usually Death Run or Fun Maps all the time. I thought we had it to where we can't vote on the mod/map we played on last, on the Love Nest and Slayboxes.
Nikki Wolf

by fingerman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 am

Nikki Wolf wrote:Not so different on the Love Nest. It's usually Death Run or Fun Maps all the time. I thought we had it to where we can't vote on the mod/map we played on last, on the Love Nest and Slayboxes.

I added 3 excludes to the map vote, should cut down on repeats.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Beartato » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Thanks finger.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by Ron Swansons Stache » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Beartato wrote:I'm not too thrilled with our current map vote system. Our servers have practically become 24/7 Payload + Attack/Defend. I can't remember the last time I played PLR on CSn and it's been very long since I last played 5CP, CTF, etc.

A pretty typical night on CSn looks like

pl_upward
cp_gorge
pl_hoodoo
pl_goldrush
cp_mountainlab
pl_upward
pl_badwater
cp_gorge
etc

I know I can nominate and pump my nomination, but the reality is that no one votes votes for koth_badlands, cp_gullywash_final, etc. when the option of playing pl_frontier_final for the second time in two hours is available.

Edit: Threw together a few numbers to make my point. I looked at the last 24 hours of SB1. The server was unpopped for 4.1 hours overnight. There were 18.3 hours of either PL or A+D maps played. The remaining 1.6 hours were KOTH, 5CP, 3CP, CTF, PLR, etc.

The last 6.2 hours (since the server popped this morning) have entirely been either PL or A+D maps.

You sly bastard, not putting Dustbowl on that list.

Is there a reason that we can't do the map type vote first? Is it something with a mod/update that broke it? Granted, how often would the differing gametypes be chosen anyway? I will say since I started exclusively playing on CSN servers, I REALLY miss 5cp maps. KOTH seems to get more love than the data that Beartato provided, although it could just be anecdotal.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:11 pm

I played 3 Koth maps in row last night, dont really mind as long as u have fun with friends...

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Maringue » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Yeah, I haven't played a 5CP map in forever. But it's also because no one voted for them.

Honestly, most people are used to playing 5CP on servers with no class limits (specifically engies) so they think the maps suck. Class selection and instant respawn are what makes them broken. So most people groan about 5CP maps getting voted for, but once they play them here they usually don't have any issues.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Server Support