Question on rules [troll engineers]

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

Question on rules [troll engineers]

by ricecake » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:43 am

Hi

Is there a rule against trolling your team as engineer? On plr_nightfall there was one engineer who built a teleporter exit in such a place that you can't get off of it, so you're stuck until you suicide from the console. Half the server was against it, and half the server maintained "if you're stupid enough to fall for it, you deserve to be stuck."

What is the official stance on this?

Here's the player who was doing it, if it matters... http://steamcommunity.com/id/scurgoinham/

Thanks.
ricecake

Re: Question on rules [troll engineers]

by Saber » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:15 am

Trolling's always against the rules. I've kicked for this before, it's ruining peoples' fun.
Saber

by Rologton » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:05 am

Something like that is big time against the rules. In fact, that exact instance is something we're told to kick for right away. If you see something like that, message an admin.

Something like Spycrabbing is nothing, but that gets in the way of people's playing.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Ichise » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Being a troll, taking up a player slot, and taking up a class slot on a limited class like engie? Yeah, I can't imagine that wouldn't warrant a kick. Not a permaban though, right? Or does it depend on what kind of trolling?
Ichise

by GoDM1N » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:36 pm

I see people doing this a lot on other maps as well and some time they can get like half the team stuck. I tell them to move to tele or be kicked and people generally move it. If you see someone doing this let a admin know and they'll deal with the problem. This said I do think this is a "fool me once" thing. No one should ever fall for it more than once so its not THAT big of a deal in my eyes.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

Return to Server Support