mic troubles?

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

mic troubles?

by thievery » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:24 pm

okay, so i wake up, go and play tf2. i get on funserver1 (lovenest) and i realize that my mic isnt working.so, i thought hey, its on my end, lemme fix this. i went in my sound settings, and tested my mic 3 times. then i think its steam, so i go back on, and thought ctrl+tabbing i tested my mic twice. not steam, not my error, so i go on tf2, and before going into a single server, i test tf2s voice settings. it was fine. now i am having doubts on lovenest. so, i go in funserver 2, my mic doesnt work there either. i go on some random empty server, and my mic suddenly works. so i ask duck if he could help me. i asked him if i was permamuted, and he said as far as he knows, i am not muted. so, back into lovenest we both go. he typed in the unmute command, and nothing happened. at this point, me and duck are baffled, befuddled, and everyother fucking synonym of confused there is in the dictionary. is this client-side, or does funservers hate me? as of right now, me n duck are chatting over skype, so its definetly not my mic.
Yo, Its me, its me, its Thee-ver-ry!
thievery

Re: mic troubles?

by Prof_Schwartz » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:43 pm

im having the same issue, my mic is SUPER quiet, and i used the test, etc. i cant tell if its my mic, or if it's steam, etc. i dont wanna buy a new mic if it isnt my mic or my laptop. what might also be the problem (for me at least) is the mic jack could be malfunctioning :\
Prof_Schwartz

by medkitz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 am

Using my magical pyro-kinetic powers, i burned your mic's will to take your voice in specific servers. Feel the burn.....
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by TheMcGib » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:34 pm

I play on Westbox 1 and I know several regulars' mics not acting very well (fuzzy, cutting out, etc.) and on Mumble their mics are perfect...
TheMcGib

by ciaphas » Tue May 29, 2012 1:10 am

Bumping this for edification (and because I just posted a topic on the subject, heh), it SEEMS to be because sv_use_steam_voice is set to 0 in the server config for Westbox.
ciaphas

by LanellePalmer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:19 am

Using my magical pyro-kinetic powers, i burned your mic's will to take your voice in specific servers.
Here you can get into the Fairy Tale World with True Blood Season 5 DVD actors!
LanellePalmer

by Maringue » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 am

Generally when people have a problem with their mic sounding like shit and making it so no one else can hear, it's usually the voice codec that your system is using that doesn't jive well with TF2.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Fencerboy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Maringue wrote:Generally when people have a problem with their mic sounding like shit and making it so no one else can hear, it's usually the voice codec that your system is using that doesn't jive well with TF2.

this thread is from a year ago

+1 for the bot
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by Guy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:56 pm

LanellePalmer's Reanimate Thread spell was super effective!
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Maringue » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Fencerboy wrote:
Maringue wrote:Generally when people have a problem with their mic sounding like shit and making it so no one else can hear, it's usually the voice codec that your system is using that doesn't jive well with TF2.

this thread is from a year ago

+1 for the bot

Damn, I read February on the post date. Didn't notice that it was from last year...
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Server Support