Admin emptying server

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

Admin emptying server

by Gold Team Rules » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:51 pm

I was told that an admin came onto the trading server and used a valve style weapon to kill everyone, emptying out the server. Anyone have any clue about this?
Gold Team Rules

Re: Admin emptying server

by duck » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:57 pm

sadly yes. i was there when it happen. but as it was happening we still had many people in the server after they left. i'll let whoever did it tell u because i dont like to rat on others. i dont have access to this weapon so it wasnt me
duck

by Failhorse » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:59 pm

what's the persons name?
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Gold Team Rules » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:01 pm

I gave the names of people who are admins on the trading server and he said Nuclearwatermelon was the one. And i also don't know the command for the Valve Rocket launcher.
Gold Team Rules

by Failhorse » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Who said what? were you on the server when this happened? I don't understand. An admin wouldnt' go in there to grief. Do you know the name of the person doing this?
Failhorse
Red Admin

by duck » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm

it was nuke and i have no idea why they were there. it made me sad that people were leaving. i was one of the people who left
duck

by Failhorse » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:09 pm

OK looks like FF was also turned on too. I'm sure he'll make a statement.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by duck » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:14 pm

dont know what ff stands for. im new remember
duck

by Failhorse » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:17 pm

friendly fire. I'd guess that's what made people leave more than the rocket launcher.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by duck » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:18 pm

yes there was friendly fire. every time i attempted to go to the skybox they would kill me :(.
duck

by NuclearWatermelon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Twas Psyk, Ghost, and I.

I've been in contact with the creator of the give weapon mod, and handed out the "Valve Rocket Launcher" to everyone in the server while I was doing my own thing for a time. Also used this as a prime example to the map maker of bazaar as to why perhaps allowing people to get together and kill each other is not the best idea, sans the obvious irony of using a spam launcher.

Further, I was testing the mod also for how the Golden Wrench is applied to others, although I have disagreed with the suggestion, I wished to see if it could be done, and it seems as-is the command gives the weapon irregardless of class, thus proving that it is not usable for the donator access we would have given. In addition, I learned while people spammed that using the Golden Wrench from the plugin causes an engineer's buildings to be auto-destroyed on respawn and locker touch, making them again less than idea.

There wasn't much trading going on when we got there either... It seemed a good number of people were about in the skybox.

The plugin proved that it can be used for a limited scope, but not much else. Friendly fire was so I could kill Ghost and Psyk on occasion, it was toggled on then back off when I used it.
NuclearWatermelon

by duck » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:22 pm

the reason there had been so many people at the sky box is because i put a tele out there and people were building teles back to the map.
duck

by psyk » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Oh friendly fire for 5 minutes did not empty the server, there was not one point in time where it was less than 16 players. And we were on for a good hour, so don't say we emptied it in 5 minutes.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Toaster » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:13 pm

Way to team stack and empty out the server boys ^^ wheres that damn scrambler when you need it.
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Gold Team Rules » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:33 pm

psyk wrote:Oh friendly fire for 5 minutes did not empty the server, there was not one point in time where it was less than 16 players. And we were on for a good hour, so don't say we emptied it in 5 minutes.

The funny thing is that no one mentioned the serve emptying in 5 minutes.
Gold Team Rules

by psyk » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Gold Team Rules wrote:
psyk wrote:Oh friendly fire for 5 minutes did not empty the server, there was not one point in time where it was less than 16 players. And we were on for a good hour, so don't say we emptied it in 5 minutes.

The funny thing is that no one mentioned the serve emptying in 5 minutes.

\
Whatever, still never got anywhere near empty. So don't say that please. And toaster... we were killing each other, not pubs.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by squar3d » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:23 am

Since the other thread is locked, ill just have to write it here. Thanks for working on that Golden wrench stuff Nuke, I appreciate the effort, even though it didn't pan out.
squar3d
Donator

Return to Server Support