Can't CRC map?

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

Can't CRC map?

by AClockworkApple » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:41 am

I was recently on the funbox server, and whenever the level changed it said can't CRC map, disconnecting :?: . What should I do? (I'm on a mac)
:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :oops:
EDIT: Also, the forum wont show my steam profile?? other problem first though.
Thanx
AClockworkApple

Re: Can't CRC map?

by mrpikmin2 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:04 pm

AClockworkApple wrote:I was recently on the funbox server, and whenever the level changed it said can't CRC map, disconnecting :?: . What should I do? (I'm on a mac)
Thanx

valve sucks and hasn't fixed this, (it's been around forever), so you have to install maps manually.

go to finder, then click go on the words on the top left of your screen, then click go to folder, then copy+paste in /Users/(your username on your computer)/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/(your steam username)/team fortress 2/tf/maps/

then google for a download of the map, and drag the download into the folder!

if the download is a .rar file, download stuffit expander and double click the file after stuffit is downloaded, then drag that file into your maps folder.

let me know if that works! (donations appreciated)
mrpikmin2

by AClockworkApple » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:54 pm

mrpikmin2 wrote:
AClockworkApple wrote:I was recently on the funbox server, and whenever the level changed it said can't CRC map, disconnecting :?: . What should I do? (I'm on a mac)
Thanx

valve sucks and hasn't fixed this, (it's been around forever), so you have to install maps manually.

go to finder, then click go on the words on the top left of your screen, then click go to folder, then copy+paste in /Users/(your username on your computer)/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/(your steam username)/team fortress 2/tf/maps/

then google for a download of the map, and drag the download into the folder!

if the download is a .rar file, download stuffit expander and double click the file after stuffit is downloaded, then drag that file into your maps folder.

let me know if that works! (donations appreciated)

Thanks! you're awesome!
AClockworkApple

by HibiscusKazeneko » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Damn, I have that problem all the time (both PC and Mac, even with official Valve maps), and the fix was that easy?!?
I'm speechless...
HibiscusKazeneko

by Shadow the Past » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Should've asked. :P
Shadow the Past

Return to Server Support