stop the noices D:

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

stop the noices D:

by duck » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:20 pm

there were horrible noices of ubers everwhere. at the end of the round i had an uber and we had won the round. but the sound wouldnt stop after the round was over. i even switched to sniper to see if it would go away and it wouldnt :o
duck

Re: stop the noices D:

by Failhorse » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:27 pm

type "record fix;stop"
in console. Will fix the issue.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Mike808 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:35 pm

if what failhorse said doesnt work
just use the demoman charge and targe like 3 times into a wall and it will stop
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by fingerman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:52 pm

It is probably a bug in the round end immunity giving people an uber. When failhorse scrambled yesterday at the end of the round when people had ubers it made half the server time out. I think it would be simpler just to make people all a color instead of an uber.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Mike808 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:59 pm

some servers give donators the particle affect. like the one you have when you come out of a telly
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Vivi Hill » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:53 pm

Actually we give people a particle effect, but it's a bit subtle because I didn't change it from the default.

I wanted to give winners ubers so they could rocket jump (normally you can't because it removes all damage and removes the impulse). Unfortunately the plugin still doesn't do that. I have the code on my other computer so I can't work on it right now, but it seems like we should just switch to the old-style Cuties round end immunity that doesn't enable PowerPlay. Or I can give winners a whole lot of health so they can rocket jump. Probably going to do the latter.

But I can't really do anything on my laptop. On Saturday I'm going back to my other computer which actually has the code.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Mike808 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:57 pm

benny hill wrote:Actually we give people a particle effect, but it's a bit subtle because I didn't change it from the default.

I wanted to give winners ubers so they could rocket jump (normally you can't because it removes all damage and removes the impulse). Unfortunately the plugin still doesn't do that. I have the code on my other computer so I can't work on it right now, but it seems like we should just switch to the old-style Cuties round end immunity that doesn't enable PowerPlay. Or I can give winners a whole lot of health so they can rocket jump. Probably going to do the latter.

But I can't really do anything on my laptop. On Saturday I'm going back to my other computer which actually has the code.

i dont even remember how round end was like back in the QT days :(
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Vivi Hill » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Teleporter particle effect, and you had a flickery 'hologram' effect applied to you. Oh, and low-gravity to compensate for no rocket-jumping. It was harder to see though since in those days there was no thirdperson during the humiliation round.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Mike808 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:05 pm

benny hill wrote:Teleporter particle effect, and you had a flickery 'hologram' effect applied to you. Oh, and low-gravity to compensate for no rocket-jumping. It was harder to see though since in those days there was no thirdperson during the humiliation round.

i remember now :3. i like it like that ^, i remembered it but i thought that was from lotus
i remembered wrong
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Failhorse » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:06 pm

why not just change damage to give health?
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Vivi Hill » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:27 pm

I had tried to do that but I think my uninformed coding hands didn't understand the difference between Plugin_Handled, Plugin_Stop, and Plugin_Continue. I suppose I should give it another shot.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Return to Server Support