Please be careful of account hacking

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

Please be careful of account hacking

by Level 69 BP » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 am

hey guys, right now two members from our community have had their accounts hacked. CSn | VoltySquirrel and CSn | Maringue. I emailed Maringue too. It'd be nice if we could post here to avoid other people having the same thing happen to them. The good news is, Steam seems to reactivate accounts pretty quickly now, within 24-48 hours from when I saw this happen before.

The message this phishing trick sends is..
CSn | Maringue: Did you see that about you wrote on the forum? (SOME PHISHING WEBSITE LINK HERE) I'm shocked) XDD Write your thoughts.)"
Level 69 BP

Re: Please be careful of account hacking

by Maringue » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:49 am

I changed my password about 5 minutes after I fell for this last night. When I woke up Steam told me that I was logged in somewhere else. They must have immediately logged in with my info, then Steam must have let them stay logged in when I changed my password. Go Steam!

Anyway, all my passwords are changed (twice now...).
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Level 69 BP » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:05 pm

sorry Maringue, I posted this before talking to you. I thought you were still a Chinese bot! to be honest, I'm still only 90% convinced now that you're not.. :)
Level 69 BP

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:26 pm

I did some investigating and I found out that it's actually some douchebags in Russia, thanks to Gmail telling me that they reported suspicious activity in Russia at this IP: ertelecom.ru:94.181.201.161
The website is all in Russian. But it sucks. I still have no response back from Valve.
VoltySquirrel

Return to Server Support