How do you feel about No Mans Sky?

Everything else not represented

How do you feel about No Mans Sky?

by Balubish » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:45 am

Personally I cant fucking stop playing it, I love it.

They talk about issues but personally I expect that from a console game on PC. And the FPS drops are kinda weird at certain times but they arent as bad as ppl say atleast not for me.
Whats ur experince with it? Atleast in my benchmark it looks like its when certain effects gonna load thats when it reacts the most. But another weird thing beeing a nerd and have used Fraps alot, I have never seen that stable FPS in a first person game ever.

If you play for example BF4 or TF2 or whatever it jumps around constantly. I think actually the game runs so well that it only dips now and then instead of constant frame times that jump around all the time compared to other games.
Whats ur view on it? The funny thing also that some reviewers and tech channels that have GTX Titan X Pascal have it running worse which is weird to me.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: How do you feel about No Mans Sky?

by Lia_Rein » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:02 am

I feel nothing
Neff:Lia slowly building her CSnplayer database for nefarious purposes
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin
Not Liable for Rein damage

by HausOfJoel » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:16 am

No Man's Sky? Why not No Woman's Sky or No Person's Sky???
HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by 1#Scrub » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:19 am

Battle Born was better tbh
1#Scrub
Donator

by Rumors » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:37 pm

I think its a great game, but it definitely needs a good patch very soon.

It certainly has problems with frame hitching and frame rate drops. The options menu feels like it was designed for a tablet, and having to restart every time you make one small change, including switching from full screen to windowed borderless is pretty annoying.

It's running for the most part very well for me. I still get hitching and frame drops when there's hardly anything happening in game, but I also have a pretty good rig. Looking at my GPU stats, I can see there's moments when its usage goes down when it shouldn't be.

It was also a pretty hyped game. People were putting it on a pedestal and calling it a game that would give Star Citizen and other similar games a run for their money. I think it does alot of things right that Star Citizen could, but it doesn't have nearly the amount of depth that SC has. But for a open universe survival game, this is a really really good option.

The lack of the multiplayer that the devs said would be included is also pretty striking. They did come out and basically say that they didn't expect two people to actually meet on the first day of release, given that there are over 18,000,000,000,000,000+ possible planets to be discovered. It seems like they are working on the multiplayer aspect, and have even added a "Scan for other players" feature to the game. I think multiplayer is a thing, it just wasn't fully implemented on release. Sounds like they were banking that no one would be able to actually find each other yet while they were working on the multiplayer aspect.

At the moment they are actively testing and patching the game for a release very soon, so hopefully some of the hitching issues are addressed.

For someone with an average PC that can handle open world games, the performance issues would be enough of an issue to consider buying it after a few updates, or for the price to drop for a sale. That being said, I have enjoyed playing it and am impressed with just how gigantic the scale of the galaxy is. You could live out your days on a single planet if you wanted and mine resources for trading, be a pirate and attack trade ships, explore the galaxy, reach the center of the galaxy, etc. It would be nice to do this with multiplayer too of course. :P
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Ron Swansons Stache » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Can someone sell me on this? I feel like the exploration is pretty capped to going to any of similiar procedurally generated planets that all have the same feel and collecting resources. That's all..
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Ron Swansons Stache wrote:Can someone sell me on this? I feel like the exploration is pretty capped to going to any of similiar procedurally generated planets that all have the same feel and collecting resources. That's all..

I agree with pretty much everything Rumors said. The game is made for a console in general and isnt right now atleast optimized in settings and all that for PC. Seems like alot of ppl having problems with it aswell. I guess im lucky bastard though.
Sure I have had crashes after 4 hours of gameplay, that happens in TF2 aswell so that to me isnt a big issue.

And for Ron, my personal feeling about it is kinda like Rust, but more exploring. Instead of grinding materials to build a stronger house, you upgrade ur ship, backpack and mining tools basicly. And ur "Rust house" is ur ship that you travel with and buy better and bigger ones over time.
When it comes to exploring its that to a 100%. Yes, alot of things do look similar on most planets, main different is how the weather is if its toxic, supercold or superhot, or just hostile sentinels "robots" on it. Which make mining alot harder.
Some items or elements are only found on certain planets aswell that makes it kinda key element to the exploring part which I personally love.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Return to Other Games