Quake Champions - Fuck yeah!!!

Everything else not represented

Quake Champions - Fuck yeah!!!

by Balubish » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:59 am

The release of the new Doom got me exited and want it. And now I just saw this trailer. New Quake Arena!! Fuck yes im hyped now!

Quake is one of the best fighting games ever made for both Lan or Online if you ask me. Yes TF2 is still pretty fun ;) But this is hardcore gaming, its much faster than other games I think.
And what I love is the old weapons look the same as the guns 20 or so years ago but much better graphics and skins. Im totally gonna get this game!
Yet another reason to not get Overwatch, yet.

Yes my reaction were the same lol

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Quake Champions - Fuck yeah!!!

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:09 am

Quake...ah it may be old, but is still gold. <3

Yeah I love how it has the old weapons but improved graphics wise. Oh the nostalgia is hitting me hard :)

Haha it's going to take a billion years until you're convinced to try out Overwatch. :D
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Someone Special » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Yeah, I heard about it. Can't wait to try it out.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Insipid » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:43 pm

I'm very excited. The only thing that has me concerned is:

"Quake Champions features a roster of unique characters, each with their own distinctive abilities, giving every player a chance to play to their strengths"

... So there's going to be classes?
Kind of takes away from the whole oldschool arena shooter style where everyone spawns equal and it's up to you to know the map well enough to get weapons, health, and armor to gain the advantage.

Can't wait to see some gameplay footage.
Insipid
Donator

by Balubish » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:56 am

Insipid wrote:I'm very excited. The only thing that has me concerned is:

"Quake Champions features a roster of unique characters, each with their own distinctive abilities, giving every player a chance to play to their strengths"

... So there's going to be classes?
Kind of takes away from the whole oldschool arena shooter style where everyone spawns equal and it's up to you to know the map well enough to get weapons, health, and armor to gain the advantage.

Can't wait to see some gameplay footage.

I did not know this but I can agree it might take away the fairness of the game. But I also understand an update on a 20 or so years old gamestyle.
It would be like TF2 but in Quake which I dont mind, and I guess all skills are not fun same with TF2, even though ur locked to a class ur not immune to everything.
But im really happy to see this game come to life again cause it has been one of my fav games growing up and spent alooot of hours in it.

Also hopefully they allow private servers cause i think this as a branch for CSn to have a server in this game. Its similar as TF2 but more focus on Arena and killing only.
I wouldnt mind "payload" kinda thing in team deathmatch either but thats just hopes. But so far I havent found more info on it than this.
But my fav of Quake is "Kill em all arena" style, shoot anything you see move :D No regrets, only kills.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Insipid » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:47 pm

I guess they have to do something to modernize it.
The fact is that arena FPS's don't draw in the players like they used to.
Look at Reflex and Toxikk, both very polished pure arena FPS's, but there is barely anyone actually playing.
(Reflex being closer to Q3A and Toxikk being closer to UT2K4)

My hope is this new Quake has enough variety to keep people playing without skimping on what made the series so good to begin with. (Fast paced & precise movement [strafe jumping], with a good weapon variety, and intense close quarter combat encounters)
... and instagib CTF, WHY DO NO GAMES HAVE INSTAGIB CTF ANYMORE?!

In the meantime here's a kickass QuakeLive frag video:

Insipid
Donator

Return to Other Games