Co-op games and suggestions

Everything else not represented

Co-op games and suggestions

by ilikepotatoes » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:51 pm

So i figured i'd make a post about coop gaming to share our experiences with certain games and suggest to others who may be looking for a fun coop game to play with a friend.
I myself love coop games, however when it comes to finding them its difficult for me to find something new to play. Feel free to post suggestions, videos, add to my and others reviews of certain games etc...

I'll begin by posting a few of my favorites.

1. Resident Evil 5/Biohazard 5 : This is a really fun shooter even without a coop partner it could be still be really fun. You get to upgrade weapons and pick up skill points when you kill enemies along the way. Its not a hard game, i played this on the hardest difficulty and if you know what youre doing you'll be fine. This is one of those games that isnt really well known among coop games as resident evil fans tend to favor the older games and dislike re5 and re6. Its not a very scary game compared to the earlier resident evil games, but dont let that stop you from having fun with this game. Only thing that sucks is the beginning being rather difficult due to poopy weapons you start off with. Also the game is a little short.

2. Resident Evil 6/Biohazard 6: Like Resident evil 5, its a really fun game too. There are 4 campaigns (i dont recommend playing the Ada campaign if youre cooping) so its twice as long as re5. I dont think its as great as re5, however if you really enjoyed re5 and want more of resident evil cooping i do recommend getting this when it goes on sale.

3. ibb and obb: really colorful fun game with cute music. Its pretty much working together with your partner to get past enemies and using the environment around you to get past obstacles. You can go at your own pace, plus if it doesn't seem too challenging there are really difficult bonuses hidden throughout the levels. I had alot of fun playing this game, even if it does seem a bit short.

4. Portal 2: obviously a well known game, but what a lot of people don't know about are the coop community test chambers. Aside from the awesome coop story which in my opinion is too short, there are tons of maps you can pick from the workshop and play easily. The hardest one i've played lasted 4 hours. ill update this when i figure out that certain maps name.

Also id give sven-coop and synergy a go as you can play with tons of friends and its hilarious. both are free if you have half-life and half-life 2
ilikepotatoes
Donator

Re: Co-op games and suggestions

by Poppet » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:41 pm

The Borderland games
Battleblock Theater
Hammerwatch
Killing Floor 1 and 2
Orcs Must Die 2
Left4Deads
Payday 1 and 2
Terraria
Risk of Rain

These were pretty good ones from my library. In particular Battleblock, Killing Floor, and Borderlands are really good.
Poppet
Blue Admin

by Lia_Rein » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:47 pm

Poppet wrote:The Borderland games
Battleblock Theater
Hammerwatch
Killing Floor 1 and 2
Orcs Must Die 2
Left4Deads
Payday 1 and 2
Terraria
Risk of Rain

These were pretty good ones from my library. In particular Battleblock, Killing Floor, and Borderlands are really good.

Yup Battleblock, ibb and obb, portal 2 and the trine games are my favs atm

also army of two but havent played it in a goood while
Neff:Lia slowly building her CSnplayer database for nefarious purposes
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin
Not Liable for Rein damage

by yasha » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time was by far the best co-op game I've ever played. Everything from the music, aesthetics, atmosphere, enemy design, and co-op mechanics made playing through it a very enjoyable experience.

Unfortunately it is a local co-op only game. However if you have a friend, definitely try it out, preferably on a TV with gamepads.
yasha
Donator

by Rumors » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Diablo 3

Don't Starve

Monaco

Rayman Origins/Rayman Legends (Great co-op games if you like platforming with friends)

Torchlight 2

Starcraft 2 Co-Op Heroes

ToeJam & Earl (my personal fave couch style co-op from sega genesis)
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

Return to Other Games