Rocket League

Everything else not represented

Rocket League

by Ron Swansons Stache » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Anyone else playing Rocket League? It's addicting as heck, even moreso when you have someone to play with that you know. Mumble comms also make it much more intense and make you hate your teammates (and thus the game) a lot less. Anyway, I bought it a few days ago and am quickly approaching 24 hours played. As of now it's been taking up all my TF2 time, which I'm sure will regress back to the mean, but it's still extremely fun and competitive.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

Re: Rocket League

by L0wsound » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:38 pm

I've heard many good things about it and have been told I should buy,
but I'm cheap, don't have time, and don't have a controller. So I'll wait for a sale :)
L0wsound

by DerKrieger105 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Heard good things about this game and it does look fun as hell. Was going to pick it up but its $20... I heard it is pretty insubstantial as well.

Worth the price or should I wait for a sale?
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by that shiny mudkip » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:24 pm

I think it's super fun but I play with steam library share so i have no idea when I can play, lol.
I'll buy it once i have enough
that shiny mudkip
Blue Admin

by SnakeShesh » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Ive been playin quite a bit of it. Its a great game. And really addicting
SnakeShesh

by Ron Swansons Stache » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:39 pm

DerKrieger105 wrote:Heard good things about this game and it does look fun as hell. Was going to pick it up but its $20... I heard it is pretty insubstantial as well.

Worth the price or should I wait for a sale?

I mean $20 is pretty steep, the simplicity of the game is what makes it great but 20 bucks for what it is, yeah..it's a lot.. I was going to wait until the Steam winter sale but.. then I didn't. The night before I spent 40 bucks on beer without thinking twice, why wouldn't I drop half that on a game I know I'm going to play the hell out of?

Going back to the simplicity, it's awesome because you can pick it up super quick and also 5 minute games make it an easy game to just jump in and out of (which is what I look for in games these days). The higher skill levels it does get more intense and more layered, but that will take a bit. My friend and I have finally hit a wall where we stopped moving up rank because we can't get better than the people ahead of us.

Like I said earlier though, I highly suggest playing with someone you know (or at least can mic chat with within some degree) because playing with randos, especially those who make silly mistakes, can get really frustrating. That said, my friend is probably gonna burn out soon and it takes a lot more for me to burn out on a game soo.. :D
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Ron Swansons Stache » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:41 pm

L0wsound wrote:I've heard many good things about it and have been told I should buy,
but I'm cheap, don't have time, and don't have a controller. So I'll wait for a sale :)

That's another thing. This is legitimately the first time I've played a game where a controller is FAR superior to a mouse and keyboard. I would strongly advise against playing this game without a controller. I use the Xbox 360 controller.
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by L0wsound » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:32 am

Ron Swansons Stache wrote:That said, my friend is probably gonna burn out soon and it takes a lot more for me to burn out on a game soo.. :D

Says the guy who couldn't even finish a house in Minecraft...
L0wsound

by Someone Special » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:56 am

L0wsound wrote:
Ron Swansons Stache wrote:That said, my friend is probably gonna burn out soon and it takes a lot more for me to burn out on a game soo.. :D

Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Ron Swansons Stache » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:34 am

L0wsound wrote:

Ouch man..plus, look at my play time. It's a stupid amount. I didn't say I was productive in anyway, just that I don't burn out..
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:41 am

I'm too scared to play the game...seems frickin intense and i know im gonna get addicted soo bad.. XD
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Rumors » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:33 am

TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:I'm too scared to play the game...seems frickin intense and i know im gonna get addicted soo bad.. XD

Its freaking awesome. And yes it can be very addicting. First hour I played was pure ecstacy. Then I realized there's some actual competitive play here. But its a good balance of both.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by L0wsound » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:13 pm

L0wsound

by SnakeShesh » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:46 pm

L0wsound wrote:ROCKET LEAGUE IS ON SALE
only 10% off...

Still Worth.