Battlefield 4 is unplayable on the PC

Everything else not represented

by Balubish » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:58 pm

The PC version suffers from crashes and freezes, making it practically unplayable.

OCTOBER 31ST, 2013 IN NEWS
Battlefield 4 has been out for a few days now, and everyone seems to be enjoying it. Except a big portion of PC gamers (including us here at BF4Central), who are seeing constant crashes and freezes. It’s tough to say this, but we have to be honest here: from personal experience, the game is utterly unplayable in its current state.
And according to complaints on Twitter, Reddit, and the official EA forums, we aren’t the only ones. Widespread reports of random crashes and freezes are popping up everywhere, and it seems that some players can’t finish a single match without problems.
The crashes and instability seem to be happening on all sorts of hardware configurations, And when it does crash or freeze, players loose all progress, unlocks, and stats they accumulated during the match.
Even when the game works, it’s plagued by issues. Sound bugs are present on many maps (such as Lancang Dam), where the sound will cut out completely at times. Player movement and action is bogged down by massive rubber banding and lag, even on a good connection and on low ping servers. Worse, the hit box registration is still off (something DICE said was “fixed” after the beta).
So far DICE has only issued the generic “we are aware of the issue” reply. If only they were aware before the game shipped. It’s astounding that these sort of issues have plagued every single Battlefield game since BF2. And yet, we somehow expected a developer of DICE’s caliber to learn from their mistakes.
From personal experience, over half of Battlefield t multiplayer matches result it either a crash or a freeze. Most of the rest of the matches are unplayable due to the lag and rubber banding issue.
It hurts us to say this, but at this point, we wouldn’t recommend anyone getting Battlefield 4 on the PC. Wait until the first patch or two fix these issues. Or get the game on consoles, where it seems to be running great.

Personally note, yeah im pissed off. I got some game issues too. I been having so many problems it became a new one today so im tired of it. Im going back to TF2 until they fix this shit. :evil:

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Battlefield 4 is unplayable on the PC

by Nikki Wolf » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Sadly, stuff like this is to be expected for a game that just comes out. In due time, I know this game will be properly fixed, but it's sad to see that AAA games come out like this. Yeah, nothing's perfect, and there are bound to be bugs and glitches regardless, but what's the QA been doing? Playing BF3 instead?
Nikki Wolf

by Balubish » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Nikki Wolf wrote:Sadly, stuff like this is to be expected for a game that just comes out. In due time, I know this game will be properly fixed, but it's sad to see that AAA games come out like this. Yeah, nothing's perfect, and there are bound to be bugs and glitches regardless, but what's the QA been doing? Playing BF3 instead?

Lol yeah probably.

Balubish
Donator

by Failhorse » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Didn't bf3 have an 8 gig patch the day after it was released? What are you expecting, a finished game?
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Balubish » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Failhorse wrote:Didn't bf3 have an 8 gig patch the day after it was released? What are you expecting, a finished game?

I didnt expect that, know why, cause I dint frikkin buy BF3!!!! :) And fuk yeah for 60-70bucks on a preordered game that have been running a beta for couple of months hell yeah I expect that shit to work. Crysis 3 worked perfectly. Biggest problem I see is why fhe fuck did they implement a webpage system for servers etc. I'll bet that is the biggest problem is right there.

Oh btw, Im already up at 24GB as the 3DVD's I got on the game but with updates and shit that even makes it worseu im at 28GB of game right now so If your correct on BF3 It should stop at 32GB then ;)

Balubish
Donator

by GoDM1N » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Welcome to EA.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Nikki Wolf » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Balubish, the Battlelog thing's been around since BF3. I actually kinda like finding servers that way, though I wish there was the option of not launching Origin to play. Either way, I just hope that DICE gets things sorted out soon.

And about the game's size: It's a next-gen title, and games for next gen are going to be around that size, if not more. BF3 is 18 GB, and so is Arkham City. Max Payne 3 was also 30 GB, if I'm not mistaken. Not trying to defend here, but I'm just saying.
Nikki Wolf

by Balubish » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:54 am

Nikki Wolf wrote:Balubish, the Battlelog thing's been around since BF3. I actually kinda like finding servers that way, though I wish there was the option of not launching Origin to play. Either way, I just hope that DICE gets things sorted out soon.

And about the game's size: It's a next-gen title, and games for next gen are going to be around that size, if not more. BF3 is 18 GB, and so is Arkham City. Max Payne 3 was also 30 GB, if I'm not mistaken. Not trying to defend here, but I'm just saying.

Yeah I guess, im just pissed off at the moment.

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:05 am

Here are just some of the bugs in singleplayer mode. This is how long I can play before it gets fucked up. Scene freeze among other things. Multiplayer is even worse.

Balubish
Donator

by cloud » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Why play this? It doesn't even have hats...
CSn's professional thread killer.
cloud
Donator
Hey look. It's that one guy.

by Balubish » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:30 pm

cloud wrote:Why play this? It doesn't even have hats...

Yeah hats are everything ;)

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:42 pm

I solved it. Instead of installing on my Game SSD that are about 2 years old. I did install it on my 7 year old HDD and the game fucking works. Aint that a weird damn thing?

Balubish
Donator

by Thomas The Train » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Failhorse wrote:What are you expecting, a finished game?

this

Since payday 2 came out they have so much unreleased content they promised to be out with the game it drives me nuts. Cloakers from pd1 STILL are not in pd2 yet, which pissed me off to no end.
Thomas The Train
Donator

by Balubish » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:51 am

Thomas The Train wrote:

this

Since payday 2 came out they have so much unreleased content they promised to be out with the game it drives me nuts. Cloakers from pd1 STILL are not in pd2 yet, which pissed me off to no end.

Yeah it really sucks when they do that, why even release a game if its not finished. It's like seeing a new movie and the last 20 min in the end are not finished. Not acceptable.

Balubish
Donator

by Nikki Wolf » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Balubish wrote:
Thomas The Train wrote:

this

Yeah it really sucks when they do that, why even release a game if its not finished. It's like seeing a new movie and the last 20 min in the end are not finished. Not acceptable.

I say it's inexcusable for DICE/EA, considering that they're pretty much rushing out a product to meet a deadline. I honestly don't like deadlines; just release it when it's done. Speaking of which, you should have seen Rise of The Triad when it was released, back in late August. It was horribly unoptimized, a ballsy checkpoint system with no quicksaves, and other issues on top of that. I even remember loading up a level from a checkpoint, only to not be able to get past a room due to no enemies spawning, which was suppose to trigger everything else in the room (doors, spinning blades, etc.). I also recall being pushed into a moving wall, with the only escape being death from the spikes that are planted within the moving wall. I like the game, but it was clearly unfinished. I'll pick it back up later, since it's supposed to be fixed up now, but that was still a so-so experience for launch.
Nikki Wolf

by GoDM1N » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:31 pm

SimCity
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by LegendarySurgeon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 pm

I really wanted SimCity to be good but I haven't even bothered learning anything about it after how terribly EA handled its launch. I've resigned myself to boycotting EA and hoping for them to go bankrupt and all their IP to get bought up.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

Return to Other Games