Half-Life?

Everything else not represented

Half-Life?

by UncleTestes » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:30 am

As much as I've heard about the games, I'm not even sure what order they're in. All of the episodes and versions have confused me. Searching "Half-Life" in the Steam Store doesn't produce anymore promising results.

What games do I need to get to understand JUST THE STORY? I don't have any excessive desire to play its multiplayer, just the single player campaigns.
UncleTestes
Donator

Re: Half-Life?

by Thret » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Start with Black Mesa. It's HL1 but with updated graphics. I'd play all of them. Mostly because they're fun.
Thret

by Nikki Wolf » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Half-Life/Black Mesa, Opposing Forces, and Blue Shift all take place at the same time. Half-Life 2 takes place years after the events of the Seven Hour War (HL1), HL2: Episode 1 takes place directly after HL2, and HL2: Episode 2 takes place after E1.
Nikki Wolf

by UncleTestes » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:30 pm

I'll look into those, thanks.
UncleTestes
Donator

by Rosey » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:59 pm

HLs multiplayer was never really anything to begin with.

its like someone was playing through the HL games, decided "what if we made this multiplayer" and just kept every gun the same, planted spawn points for them in the map and called it multiplayer
not really any thought put into it and its more disappointing then you think

HL is all about SP.
Rosey
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:04 am

Rosey wrote:HLs multiplayer was never really anything to begin with.

its like someone was playing through the HL games, decided "what if we made this multiplayer" and just kept every gun the same, planted spawn points for them in the map and called it multiplayer

HL is all about SP.

Well me and friends had many fun game hours under HL lan so dont see why it's not a MP game but sure, the story and SP mode is even better.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Rosey » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Balubish wrote:
Rosey wrote:HLs multiplayer was never really anything to begin with.

HL is all about SP.

Well me and friends had many fun game hours under HL lan so dont see why it's not a MP game but sure, the story and SP mode is even better.

HL2DM is similar to old, faster paced MP games like Quake or UT, which I've never played of either, but I find that HL2 makes a terrible multiplayer. It seems like there's no thought put into balance, and it's MP for the sake of having MP. There's basically no appeal to the game overall. You could just play sandbox gmod and have that be HL2DM
Rosey
Blue Admin

by Ron Swansons Stache » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:55 am

Have you tried Sven Co-op? I'm not sure if it's still in development or if they even bothered for any other HL game but the idea was that it turned Half Life into a co-op game played over LAN/internet. It was pretty cool.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

Return to Other Games