Repoman's Hardcore Review: Hitman Absolution

Everything else not represented

Repoman's Hardcore Review: Hitman Absolution

by Repoman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:14 pm

I tried playing the game and didn't like it at all.
I hate how they presented the game as, "you have so many choices to get rid of the target, you can do options a,b,c,d and so forth. Freedom!"
YET, you cannot kill anyone but the target or else it lowers your score.

My first issue with this is, my perception of an assassin or hitman is "who cares? I can get the job done", and whats worse Im not even working for anyone per the story line.
So, we have guns and such, but apparently per the score system, using guns is useless since you cant kill anyone...
If that's the case might as well take the guns out.
The graphics are amazing though, but a game where you hide constantly "avoid avoid avoid avoid, oh the target, BAM! its dead, mission over" Thats just not appealing.

For me personally, waste of money and time. If someone wanted my opinion, Id say don't buy the game, its crap.

This game gets the poo rating, uninstalled it as I write this.

Now I understand that the point of Hitman is to be undetected, well thats an issue for me because being undetected for my assassin character is killing everything without anyone knowing and walking out like a boss afterwards. Ive heard that fans of the old Hitman games will not like this one.

Cons:
-The entire story is botched since you cant kill, herp da derp.
-Disguises are useless, everyone and their mother knows you are NOT that plumber
-Getting stuck on objects in sneak mode isnt fun
-selecting the wrong items constantly happens, going for the silent kill...OHSHI my gun is out. *stabs with the gun*
-The game suppresses being a Bad Ass with the stupid score system.

Pros:
-Graphics
-Music
-Cheese for no one.
Repoman

Return to Other Games