Everything else not represented

Steam BIG PICTURE

by Fencerboy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

Re: Steam BIG PICTURE

by Failhorse » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:24 pm

i'm happy valve is not public. (err publically traded.)
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Knees of Justice » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:47 pm

It looks cool, but for now, it's not worth carrying my gigantic PC down to the living room each time or buying a dedicated computer for it.

Guess I'll wait to see what wireless options come up.
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

by Shotgunbob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:54 pm

aka Steam Console Beta Test.
Shotgunbob

by Alchemist » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:32 pm

I think it'll turn out well, products similar to Apple TV and the like are starting to have a bright future.

If they can get their console software on one of those computer TV's they'll do amazingly well.
Alchemist
Donator
King of Westbox

by Repoman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:39 pm

I tested it out on my monitor since its the size of a very large TV and while its pretty spiffy its nothing new and amazing to the point where I would use it.
It reminds me of any typical user interface that console use, and thats of course is probably the idea.
What I dont understand is why you would want to use this interface with your computer on a bigger TV/Moniter when its nothing different than the current steam browser/program except for being all fancified and consolefied. The first issue is that it takes your entire screen up so you cant really do anything else but steam stuff, kind of pointless for most PC gamers Id assume or someone picky with specific programs, especially for me since I use two monitors and I have other programs and things open as well. I use chrome, windows media player, HLDJ is open alot of the time, I have netflix playing, etc.
In summary I dont see why I would use this, unless I was hauling everything over to some friends house who never plays PC games, and I want to introduce him to the world of PC gaming by allowing him or her to use something thats familiar.

Just seems so useless right now.
Repoman

Return to Other Games