WoW?!

Everything else not represented

WoW?!

by Thret » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:13 pm

So I decided that with Mists coming soon that I wanted to get back into WoW. I wanted to know if anyone else had planned on playing/does play/wants to play. I'd consider starting a CSn| guild or something on a server. I imagine we'd focus mostly on PvP.
Thret

Re: WoW?!

by xalde » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Used to. Have many level 85's: priest(my main), shaman, warrior, druid, mage, and paladin. However cata hasn't lived up to the epicness I felt with wrath, and I'm even less enthused about mists of pandera. Plus talents and skills have changed so much from what it used to be that I just don't care anymore. I've just lost the reason for playing.

Unless you can convince me to give it another shot anyway.
xalde
Donator

by Thret » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Well, I haven't seen much from Mists. I love the East Asian flavor and have thought Pandaren a cool idea since I saw them in WC3. I don't have any sense of epicness at all; Blizzard seems to refuse to invite me to betas even when I had a subscription and a better computer.
Thret

by seth likes weed » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

I'll gladly join your PvP guild when mist comes out. ally or horde?
seth likes weed
Donator

by Thret » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:31 pm

I usually lean towards Alliance for some reason. i think because I love the Draenei. I'm fine with either though. I could probably add in a vote or something to decide whether we roll Allies or Horde. Assuming we have enough people of course.

Edit: I was also looking at servers and was thinking maybe a low population, PVP, CST realm. PvP for obvious reasons. CST as a sort of compromise between the community members we have out West as well. Low population for any newbies we might have. It's all up for discussion though.
Thret

by Rologton » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:56 pm

I haven't played in years. I used to play Undead Rogue and had a great time. I always regretted not playing on a PvP server, PvE just got so old to me, and it took me forever to level because I spent all of my time in battlegrounds. I keep thinking of getting back in because the expansions look cool and I know it's possible to level through BGs now. Unfortunately right now I definitely don't have the money for it, but maybe some time.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Thret » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:02 pm

Hopefully soon Rolo. We've got until September or so before the expansion comes out. I'm thinking Panda Mage or Monk. I'll have to see how monks play.

I'm glad to see that we have some interest in this. i might be able to get a few of my real life friends to join again.
Thret

by Arod1977 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:44 am

I just quit WoW @ 3months ago and i jsut bought one month for this month cause i was going to tell my friends that yes I am leaving since they kept on calling me >.> anywho I wish you the best of luck to your MoP guild i might go back and just play for the story later but now I jsut lost my way with WoW after 5 years in the game heh this was my chtr before i left my main http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... dis/simple
Arod1977
Donator

by Spyder » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:21 am

I first started playing WoW in August 2005.

I haven't played since 4.3 was released. The game has simply devolved into sitting in Stormwind/Orgrimmar all day, waiting for queues. The purpose of guilds has basically become devoid. World PvP is dead. Battlegrounds like AV and Strand of the Ancients are basically races.

There's basically no strategy for classes, or what kind of "build" you can use thanks to the butchered talent system. They've homogenized all the talent trees. Hell, the spells and abilities or some classes are the exact same duplicate of other spells and abilities.

Blizzard has lost sight of what the word "progression" is since you can basically skip to the final boss of the game and kill him with a bunch of off-server players you will not speak a single word to. When was the last time anyone ever ran a group for Bastion of Twilight or Throne of the Four winds? I rest my case.

Granted, these are only a few things wrong with the game. This is what happens when a company focuses on franchise and listens to *all* player feedback.
Image Image
Spyder

by Thret » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 am

Well, Spyder, I think that there are goods and bads in regards to what blizzard has done to the game. I do feel that it's lost a large sense of epic-ness that Vanilla up to Wrath had. I do think the talents have been dumbed down too much.

That being said, it's fantastic that endgame content has been made available to the average joe. I remember vanilla WoW and even BC when raiding basically was a part-time job without pay. I love that they're experimenting with new mechanics and trying new things. I think their intent with talents is very noble and I do believe that a talent choice should be a flavor decision rather than having to make a cookie cutter build just to be viable.

My hope is, if this gets off the ground, that by raiding towns and cities on a PvP server we force the other faction into world PvP. There are a new score of open world raid bosses in Mists; Who's to say that we can't just run in and fuck shit up when a guild is fighting them and run off when they wipe? Nobody, that's who. The game has a lot of good and bad about it but so does every other. I think if we look past the bad and focus on the things we find fun (E.G.- Killing a bunch of players questing on a PvP server) then we could have a wonderful experience with the new expansion.
Thret

by seth likes weed » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:46 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... nis/simple

char that im gonna server switch when we get this pvp guild going.

I have a few question though
*Are gonna do rated BGs
*are we gonna do some arenas
seth likes weed
Donator

by Thret » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:08 pm

I imagine we could basically do whatever the hell we wanted except raids. And even that's just an issue of numbers.
Thret

by Hatred » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:40 pm

xalde wrote:Used to. Have many level 85's: priest(my main), shaman, warrior, druid, mage, and paladin. However cata hasn't lived up to the epicness I felt with wrath, and I'm even less enthused about mists of pandera. Plus talents and skills have changed so much from what it used to be that I just don't care anymore. I've just lost the reason for playing.

Unless you can convince me to give it another shot anyway.

what he said ... yet again ubisoft ruins another game ... bllizz hasnt put out a single good game sinse wrath ...

and i main holy priest and second warlock
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

by Thret » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Well like I said, I have some hopes for Mists. We could all at least give it a try! Haha.
Thret

Return to Other Games