Portal: No Escape

Everything else not represented

Portal: No Escape

by VoltySquirrel » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:58 am

Someone linked me this video, a short film about Portal, and I've got to say, I'm blown away. Check it out:

Portal: No Escape (Live Action Short Film by Dan Trachtenberg)

BONUS TREAT: Someone in comments section of the video suggested this:
1- Let the Portal video load and open this one:

Zack Hemsey - "Mind Heist: Evolution"

2- When the portal video is at 0:17, play the song. (the more accurate you are the better the impact)

3- Reduce the volume on the portal video

4- Enjoy

Do it. You'll be blown away at how well the two things sync up.
VoltySquirrel

Re: Portal: No Escape

by stanley » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:15 am

they should make portal into a movie

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by Failhorse » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:47 am

I like how they issue thongs in portal prison.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Nikki Wolf » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Seen this earlier on PC Gamer. I like the short films I see based on Valve's franchises. Even the new part for Escape from City 17 was impressive.
Nikki Wolf

by HibiscusKazeneko » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Someone linked to this in the chatbox.
I was blown away by its quality; it had tremendous production value for a fanfilm.

I second Stanley's motion for a feature-length Portal movie. I'd go see it even if it sucked ('cuz that's what fans do :P).
HibiscusKazeneko

by VoltySquirrel » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:56 pm

HibiscusKazeneko wrote:Someone linked to this in the chatbox.
I was blown away by its quality; it had tremendous production value for a fanfilm.

I second Stanley's motion for a feature-length Portal movie. I'd go see it even if it sucked ('cuz that's what fans do :P).

The problem with consuming a media thingie, even if it sucks, is that it shows that people like said crap. This is the same reason why the Transformers movies are so popular.
VoltySquirrel

by HibiscusKazeneko » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:30 am

VoltySquirrel wrote:

The problem with consuming a media thingie, even if it sucks, is that it shows that people like said crap. This is the same reason why the Transformers movies are so popular.

True, but granted the Transformers franchise didn't have that much canon to begin with.
Video game movies are a whole other ball game: there's more that the scriptwriters have to stick to and parameters that cannot be exceeded without turning the original work into something totally different.
HibiscusKazeneko

by VoltySquirrel » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:51 am

HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
VoltySquirrel wrote:

True, but granted the Transformers franchise didn't have that much canon to begin with.
Video game movies are a whole other ball game: there's more that the scriptwriters have to stick to and parameters that cannot be exceeded without turning the original work into something totally different.

Still, it's kind of iffy. I mean, look at the Sonic fans. They buy every new game that comes out even though they know it will suck. The only way a company will know that we demand higher quality shit is to vote with our wallets.
VoltySquirrel

Return to Other Games