Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Everything else not represented

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

by Smeemo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:23 pm

You wake up in a castle remembering only your name, and that you're being chased by... something. Holy, holy crap. I played the free demo and nearly shit myself. If you're a fan of survival horror, check this one out. There aren't any weapons; all you have is a lantern. Being in the dark makes you go insane. Seeing monsters makes you go insane. You must hide in the dark to avoid being mauled to death. If I decide I'm man enough, I will purchase this one soon.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/
Smeemo

Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent

by Gho$T » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Man this shit is the real deal scare you shitless not just the random yelling in your ears stuff, I have gotten about 30 minutes into it and i just cant muster up enough courage to keep playing just thinking about the game makes me shiver but its deffinatly worth the money, i think its 20 now?? i prepaid so it was 15 for me but a must get for survival horror fans.
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

by Enigma » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:54 pm

I have this game, and I'm afraid to play it. I stopped right after the water part.
Enigma

by Toaster » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:06 am

Yeah I watched the video when it was on sale but decided not to get it with black ops coming out in a week and still not having finished new vegas. Damn prices are way too high for pc games bought on steam, what does it cost to generate a cd key? I'll most likely get it next time it goes on sale since the preview video made me poop a little
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Divide by NaN » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:42 am

I really like those point and click adventure games but I think this one is too scary for me. Seriously, I don't like getting scared and after watching the trailer I'm sure that it would give me a freaking heart attack.
Divide by NaN

by dieinafire » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:13 pm

This looks like a shitty mod on top of Quake1.
dieinafire
Donator

by Smeemo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:05 pm

The graphics aren't cutting edge, but they do well enough combined with the amazing sound to make you not want to see what's groaning and making that scratching noise behind the door you have to go through. I was impressed with the level of immersion I felt just during the small amount of time I spent playing the demo.

I'm currently playing through Frictional Games' previous titles before playing Amnesia. Penumbra: Overture was great, and Penumbra: Black Plague is pretty creepy so far. If you like old school point-and-click adventure games and/or survival horror, you should pick up the Penumbra games, as well. Both games plus an expansion pack are $20 on Steam.
Smeemo

by Repoman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:30 pm

I think its a good game.
But I get bored with it, even though its moderately scary for me.
Im more of a horror/first person shooter kind of guy.
Repoman

by cloud » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:00 pm

This game gives you nightmares. Custom stories are fun too ^.^
Also most people say that the water part is the scariest part of the game.

P.S. I totally just bumped this :D
CSn's professional thread killer.
cloud
Donator
Hey look. It's that one guy.

by Jazi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:28 pm

I've just watched a teaser and downloaded a demo version of this game on your advice) Looks pretty scary, indeed! I want some real horror right now) It's a pity I've got too small display at the moment, I think it'd look much better on a big display.
Jazi

Return to Other Games