Call of Duty: Black Ops

Everything else not represented

Call of Duty: Black Ops

by Echoplex » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:15 am

So I caved in and bought the PC version of BlOps, even with the huge performance issues being reported all around the internet. I'm going to put my faith in Treyarch to get it patched up
Despite the fact that their QA sucks balls, they did learn a lesson and put in dedicated servers, so no more putting up with terrible pubbies and (hopefully) tubing assholes.
I've heard that running it in windowed mode can solve the weird framerate/graphical issues

I loved MW1 and hated MW2 so who knows if I'll stick with this...My SteamID is envyzero so add me if you've got it

All stock errythang
Echoplex

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

by Mike808 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Big Bear wrote:Image

So I caved in and bought the PC version of BlOps, even with the huge performance issues being reported all around the internet. I'm going to put my faith in Treyarch to get it patched up
Despite the fact that their QA sucks balls, they did learn a lesson and put in dedicated servers, so no more putting up with terrible pubbies and (hopefully) tubing assholes.
I've heard that running it in windowed mode can solve the weird framerate/graphical issues

I loved MW1 and hated MW2 so who knows if I'll stick with this...My SteamID is envyzero so add me if you've got it

im gonna get it in a few months.
so when they are done fixing everything.
and by then people will discover all the good set ups etc, so i can level up beast fast like i did in mw2

and if you dont like tubers you should look at my tread bellow this one
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Smeemo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Are there dedicated servers for the PC version?

edit: Yes, yes there are. Can I read? No, no I cannot.
Smeemo

by VoltySquirrel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:51 pm

I was thinking about getting this, but I think I'll pass until I know it's worth it. Still, I won't be getting it for PC. It can't handle the graphics.
VoltySquirrel

by Gho$T » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:05 pm

Got it too mainly for zombies I was huge fan on WAW and did the MP too and on this one i will play Mp too cause im a achievement whore and just want to be 10th prestige 65 just because its their to earn
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

by Repoman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Id probably get bored of it.
Not a good 50+ dollars worth for a video game.
Repoman

by Echoplex » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Wow this game is really fun :shock:

Running decently on a AMD Phenom II x 4, 4870 1GB, 4G DDR2...I'll admit as it stands the game is a step back graphically from MW2 but from a quick impression the core gameplay online is just soo much better. I hate most single player games so can't comment on that aspect :X

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Echoplex » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:14 pm

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by dieinafire » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:16 pm

If I get it, it will be on PS3, as I play on my laptop and I don't think it could handle it.
dieinafire
Donator

by Gho$T » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:48 pm

OMG!!!! NOOOOO

ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

by Toaster » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:12 pm

I hated modern warfare but got black ops because they said they added GG (gun game). The campaign was up there with that of metro 2033 and half-life and the multi-player is SOOO fun. The customization around your personal play style is a really fun part of it too.

MW:BO is awesome and if i didn't have to go to school i'd be playing it all day/night with little sleep
/
thread
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Mike808 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:27 pm

ok i fell to the pressure. im gonna buy black ops today.
the community for mw2 is dying, and most of my mw2 buddies are leaving to black ops.

i still really like mw2 but now it seems there are more hackers because there are less players on so the chance of you getting a hacker in your lobby is multiplied by 1230524387520
and i like playing games with friends, so all my friends are in black ops and that makes me lonely in mw2
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Enigma » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:27 pm

just beated veteran mode. fucking crazy
Enigma

by Toaster » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:56 pm

just unlocked the AK-47 today and added extended mag+suppressor, gave it some red camo for style points and suddenly... "restart MW:BO to load patch"

Can't even connect to the game anymore :(
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by rawkies » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:33 am

Mike808 wrote:ok i fell to the pressure. im gonna buy black ops today.
the community for mw2 is dying, and most of my mw2 buddies are leaving to black ops.

i still really like mw2 but now it seems there are more hackers because there are less players on so the chance of you getting a hacker in your lobby is multiplied by 1230524387520
and i like playing games with friends, so all my friends are in black ops and that makes me lonely in mw2

Told you it was obsolete.
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

by Mike808 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:57 am

rawkies wrote:
Mike808 wrote:ok i fell to the pressure. im gonna buy black ops today.

Told you it was obsolete.

yea but i miss it. i dont like black ops yet.
might change my mind after they patch the sound, hitboxes, fps, lag, etc.

i played for almost 3 hours today, the first hour i did terrible, i got like 0.5 kd.
but it fliped it after the first hour, now i get on average a 2.0 kd
highest kd today was 7 to 1
i realized i was rushing too much and that blackops is nothing like mw2. so i started semi-camping/deffensive play
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by VoltySquirrel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:52 am

Okay, so my question to you, Critsandvich people who own CoD:BlOps, would I enjoy CoD:BlOps? Just so you guys know, I won't be buying this for PC, so all the lagginess and fps problems on the PC, their not present on the console version. Secondly, I could not stand MW2. The game was exploitable to the max, all people did was quickscope, I hated how unbalanced the weapons were, the killstreak were OP and only made an already random game even more random, and I could not stand spawning system. That is just a short list of things that pissed me off, but I still enjoy the SP portions of all CoD games, and CoD4 is probably where CoD peaked as a series. Oh and Nazi Zombies is epic. So, do you think I would enjoy CoD:BlOps enough to buy it?
VoltySquirrel

by Mike808 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:52 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:Okay, so my question to you, Critsandvich people who own CoD:BlOps, would I enjoy CoD:BlOps? Just so you guys know, I won't be buying this for PC, so all the lagginess and fps problems on the PC, their not present on the console version. Secondly, I could not stand MW2. The game was exploitable to the max, all people did was quickscope, I hated how unbalanced the weapons were, the killstreak were OP and only made an already random game even more random, and I could not stand spawning system. That is just a short list of things that pissed me off, but I still enjoy the SP portions of all CoD games, and CoD4 is probably where CoD peaked as a series. Oh and Nazi Zombies is epic. So, do you think I would enjoy CoD:BlOps enough to buy it?

black ops balances everything you worry about
except spawn, they still suck.
actually i honestly think its worse, because say in the beginning of the match you spawn on opposate sides like you normally do
but one person instead of rushing up the middle with their team, decides to flank
all the noobs get owned on his team and all of a sudden spawn where the flankers is.
now the enemy team is spawining behind you or sometimes right next to you
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Enigma » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Treyarch did a great job with this game. Like Mike said, they fixed everything that was a problem in mw2. (Except for some spawning issues :x ) Other than that, this game is pretty solid. No more killstreaks counting towards other kill streaks. No more stupid nukes that end the game early. No more snipers (rarely). No more stupid perks ( Stopping power, danger close). No more imbalanced shotguns (Models).
Enigma

Return to Other Games