S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series

Everything else not represented

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series

by mrProtagonist » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm actually really into them as of late. I checked the last 5 pages and noticed no one had a thread about them so I thought I'd see if any CSn members have played any of them.

For those of you not familiar with the series, it's set in the area around the Chernobyl NPP called "The Zone". In 2006 a large explosion rippled through the area and soon mutants and anomalies popped up. Groups of treasure hunters seeking rare artifacts jumped the military blockade and began searching and they became known as Stalkers.

In my opinion Shadow of Chernobyl was the best for the atmosphere and story line but, Call of Pripyat had the best gameplay.
Forum's own pervert
Bumped like 300 fuckin posts
mrProtagonist

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series

by SovietPanda » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:36 pm

IMO, Shadow of Chernobyl had the best atmosphere, and a good plot to go along with it.
SovietPanda
Gold Admin

by Toaster » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:21 pm

SovietPanda wrote:IMO, Shadow of Chernobyl had the best atmosphere, and a good plot to go along with it.

wtf were the glowing balls in that game??
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by SovietPanda » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Toaster wrote:
SovietPanda wrote:IMO, Shadow of Chernobyl had the best atmosphere, and a good plot to go along with it.

wtf were the glowing balls in that game??

I think they were called anomalies or something. Haven't played it in a while.
SovietPanda
Gold Admin

by Smeemo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:25 am

I bought both STALKER games during the bonerific Steam Christmas sales. Shadow of Chernobyl was great when I finally got that nauseating head-bob turned off, but I never got around to finishing it. Lots of neat areas to explore, and I like how you have to be a stealthy motherhubbard or DIEEEE. Fun game.
Smeemo

by mrProtagonist » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:20 am

Smeemo wrote:I bought both STALKER games during the bonerific Steam Christmas sales. Shadow of Chernobyl was great when I finally got that nauseating head-bob turned off, but I never got around to finishing it. Lots of neat areas to explore, and I like how you have to be a stealthy motherhubbard or DIEEEE. Fun game.

Call of Pripyat is a better place to start off. It's not as wide spread as SoC but good nontheless.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is suppose to come out in 2012. I plan to buy it, it's still done by GSC. Which is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s best wonder point, no North American influence. Which led to CS downfall.
Forum's own pervert
Bumped like 300 fuckin posts
mrProtagonist

by Scooty » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:37 pm

I'm gonna buy one. Which is better? Call of Pripyat or Chernobyl?
My axe, your ass. Also airblasts, sometimes.
Scooty

by solennyu04 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:30 am

Shadow of chernobyl (for me) is the best in the series, then comes call of pripyat OR if you want just play them as they were released.
SoC
CS
CoP
solennyu04

Return to Other Games