Portal 2 is impossible to beat in under 4hrs?

Everything else not represented

Portal 2 is impossible to beat in under 4hrs?

by GoDM1N » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:46 am

GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

Re: Portal 2 is impossible to beat in under 4hrs?

by Fencerboy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:31 am

Portal 2 In 4 Hours? The Steam Timer Is A Lie
Rock, Paper, Shotgun - contact@rockpapershotgun.com (John Walker)
We have seen some astonishing claims for completion times of Portal 2. When I criticised a number of the recurring nonsensical complaints against the game yesterday, one of the aspects I highlighted was that the game simply couldn’t be finished in four hours. But we’ve since received so many comments, tweets and emails from people claiming to have finished between 4 and 5 hours that we became a little suspicious. Having spent yesterday morning replaying the game, knowing all the solutions, I was certainly nowhere near finished in four hours. And the rest of us on RPS have found it’s taking at least seven hours. And then we started hearing about some even more incredible finishing times for Portal 2, based on Steam’s in-built timer. We’ve some news for you: the timer doesn’t work.
(more…)

this is from here
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=620

it was posted yesterday (20th)
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by Sirnak » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:54 am

When people complain that the game can be beat in under 4 hours, do they count both the single player and the coop mode? o.o

Personaly, I beat the single player campaign in a bit more than 5 hours (I calculated my OWN TIME, without the Steam timer), including chatting time, dinner time, telephone time (I'm kinda popular with... shit...). Not only that, but I sucked terribly at solving some of the last puzzles that weren't SO complicated, looking back at them... Took me 45 minutes to finish the last two puzzles before the final chapter, puzzles that can be done in something like 5 minutes... I also took my time to listen to every single comment and purposely went into every single deathly "trap" there sometimes are in the campaign, dying there at the same time, just to see if there were alternate endings. I also watched ALL the wall animations TO THE END (those you can see when you leave the elevators sometimes). Heck, I even took the time to read the entire "blue screen error"... Oh, and I "played" the Super 8 teaser too, thinking at first that it was a preview to some Valve game. All those are included in my "a bit more than 5 hours".

Judging by those facts, I DO believe that you can complete the single player mode in less than 4 hours QUITE easily if you already went through it once and don't bother to listen to everything. And I mean QUITE easily.

BUT, I don't see why some people complain about it and randomly shit on Valve. The single player mode ALONE is still about three times longer than the entire first Portal game. The multiplayer mode is unbelievably fun. The sense of humour is GREAT in BOTH modes. Never saw so much great humour in a video game. The scenario is particulary interesting even though I believe that the ending makes no sense in MANY aspects (Valve should rethink about laws of physics...).

Also, there's still Valve's promise to eventually give players some tools to design player-made maps, which will give us PLENTY of more playtime, I'm sure. The only reason I'd have to shit on Valve's head is about how they lie that it takes THEM 6 hours to complete the game. That's an outrageous lie. It took ME near 5 hours, including everything I mentionned in my first post, and I SUCK at solving puzzles. The shitty Steam timer is such a pathetic excuse...

Well, no matter what, Portal 2 is still a great game. Don't shit on Valve's head because you think Portal 2 is no long enough (it IS a great game). Shit on their head because you don't like hats. :3

Oh, and because they lie too...
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by Vivi Hill » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:02 pm

By the way, you can beat Portal 1 in about 15 minutes.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by GoDM1N » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Benny Hill wrote:By the way, you can beat Portal 1 in about 15 minutes.

Lies, according to the steam forums its impossible, even though I have video to prove other wise
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Vivi Hill » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Technically it involves scripting with the companion cube level so you float with the cube, but yeah.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Mike808 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Portal 1 done in 9:25.567 minutes

When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by JimBob » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:47 am

Pffttt, glitches... If only I could do them :( the first "major" ones at ~3:05
๑ﭥ klanana: it's funny that you always thought i was a guy, named klare
JimBoBob: Fail, oaties!
๑ﭥ klanana: tbh, i always thought you were mean to me before because i was a girl
oaties: lol, really?
๑ﭥ klanana: then i found out you thought i was a guy.
JimBob

by Hatred » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:17 am

seriously someone is gonna glitch there way through the entire game and call it beating it ?

thats pretty sad :(
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

by Hatred » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:19 am

and i beat portal 2 twice including co-op with silver jackler in about 12 hours im not gonna say it cant be done but it is still a awsome game had so much fun
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

Return to Other Games