It's official, I'm buying Bulletstorm.

Everything else not represented

It's official, I'm buying Bulletstorm.

by VoltySquirrel » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:43 am

In between my initial interest, Gears of War 3 beta, the hilarious Duty Calls, and this little gem (http://kotaku.com/5730675/bulletstorm-mocks-halo-with-evocative-projectile+vomitting-diorama) that mocks one of the best marketing campaigns ever, I officially can't ignore this game anymore. I'm going to DL the demo right now.
VoltySquirrel

Re: It's official, I'm buying Bulletstorm.

by Vivi Hill » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:59 am

I saw the announcement for this game and was very happy with what they had to show. I also like what they've been doing mocking CoD:

Duty Calls

I may end up getting this game... Unfortunately I'll have to wait until the PC version comes out, and apparently no demo for PC.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Germz » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:48 am

Who needs realism when you have a game where you can KICK STUFF AND THEN SHOOT IT. :U
Germz

by Nikki Wolf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:03 am

Germz wrote:Who needs realism when you have a game where you can KICK STUFF AND THEN SHOOT IT. :U

This. I've played the demo on PS3, and loved it. The fact that you can mix & match methods of killing for more points is nice. And the humor of the game is excellent.
Nikki Wolf

by Repoman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Overhyped games usually are letdowns.
Repoman

by VoltySquirrel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:24 am

Repoman wrote:Overhyped games usually are letdowns.

Your usually a downer. Just because you have intensely high standards doesn't mean I do.
VoltySquirrel

by Repoman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:16 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:
Repoman wrote:Overhyped games usually are letdowns.

Your usually a downer. Just because you have intensely high standards doesn't mean I do.

If you have been in the video game market as long as I have, you would know.
Repoman

by Smeemo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Bulletstorm looks fantastic! There aren't plans for a PC version on launch day, though? If they're doing the comparative, "Look how dull this popular FPS is" shtick, you'd think they'd at least attempt to take a bite out of a market in which CoD is a household name. But yeah: kicking + whips + guns = I will keep my eye on this one, because it reeks of badassery.
Smeemo

by Vivi Hill » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:27 pm

All I know is their website shows PC box art along with the xbox and ps3 ones. Not sure what that implies in terms of release date. I know there will be a PC version but no PC demo.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by VoltySquirrel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:01 pm

benny hill wrote:All I know is their website shows PC box art along with the xbox and ps3 ones. Not sure what that implies in terms of release date. I know there will be a PC version but no PC demo.

It's going to be released on the same day as the 360 and PS3, but for some reason no demo. Odd, I know. I seems most developers are trying really hard to reel in console players instead of PC. Can't really blame them though, since console players are notoriously bad at finding good new games to play, especially on the FPS side of things.
VoltySquirrel

Return to Other Games