Tip of the Hats 2016

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Tip of the Hats 2016

by BowlingWithButter » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:50 am

Haven't seen a post about this yet so I'll get the ball rolling.

In case you don't know, Tip of the Hats is a charity event hosted and supported by members of the Team Fortress 2 community. Since 2013, it has raised over $320,000 for Children's Oncology Services, Inc., which offers camps and other educational and excursion programs throughout the year that allow children with cancer to just be kids. With your help, COSI can offer attendance to kids at little to no cost to their families (copypasted from the site).
You can check it out at tipofthehats.org

The livestream is available at https://www.twitch.tv/tipofthehats and the stream is being done over the course of this weekend in three 12 hour livestreams, and today's is about 1/3 of the way through. So far it's raised about $60,000 (USD) and if you can't donate with money you can donate items through scrap.tf

There are also in-game items available as well as real world merch you can buy if you would like to support in another way. Some of the in-game items you can get are a $4.99 hat, as well as three different pins available through donating. There's also a pretty sweet t-shirt available until the end of the month for $25 at https://teespring.com/twitch/toth2016 (I'm looking to pick that up soon).

So if you're looking to do something to up your real-life karma, try donating FOR CHARITY!
Is this where I put a joke?
Also I am bad at forums.
BowlingWithButter
Donator

Re: Tip of the Hats 2016

by Ron Swansons Stache » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:25 pm

I love the concept of this and have donated in past years and will probably donate again.. Yall should hop in even if it's just your tf2 items you don't use
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

Re: Tip of the Hats 2016

by WordToYourMothership » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Rick Flame. Can't even talk about TF2 without mentioning that legend of the sport. Can't believe he made an appearance.
WordToYourMothership
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2