LMAObox vacc bans

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

LMAObox vacc bans

by Lia_Rein » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:20 pm

Just wanna share this gleeful moment with you guys ;P

http://www.ugcleague.net/forum/showthre ... post265703

Neff:Lia slowly building her CSnplayer database for nefarious purposes
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin
Not Liable for Rein damage

Re: LMAObox vacc bans

by Someone Special » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:37 pm

Lia_Rein wrote:Just wanna share this gleeful moment with you guys ;P

http://www.ugcleague.net/forum/showthre ... post265703

About damn time.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Jeh » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Well there goes my account!
Jeh
Donator

by Lia_Rein » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:37 pm

Jeh wrote:Well there goes my account!

Lol I'm still gonna call you a hacker
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin

by 1#Scrub » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:05 pm

Well seeing how all the good snipers on CSn are presumably banned, I think that officially makes me the best sniper on the server :D
1#Scrub
Donator

by Doctor Galaxy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:45 pm

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/ ... 0817042028

But seriously, thank god that we don't have to deal with some smug assholes using a bot to squeeze reactions out of people for enjoyment anymore.
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by yasha » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:45 am

1#Scrub wrote:Well seeing how all the good snipers on CSn are presumably banned, I think that officially makes me the best sniper on the server :D

you don't say..
yasha
Donator

by Rumors » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:43 am

Its been 5 years since the free-to-play update and finally Valve actually starts to clean the game up. "Try"

Wonder if any CSn regulars got snubbed :s

Spreadsheet of UGC bans. Wow, that list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dfcMHrF3dGByk-UV8CEDhhhDVBhb3Uo2QC7kWU6ciEs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Bubby » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:28 am

Look at all these, wow.

Played against three of these nerds last season and called them out. Damn, the old league admin in me feels gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood fam.

Also:
yasha wrote:
1#Scrub wrote:Well seeing how all the good snipers on CSn are presumably banned, I think that officially makes me the best sniper on the server :D

you don't say..
Bubby
Blue Admin

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:48 am

OH HECK YES HALLELUJAH BABY! GG VOLVO GG. :mrgreen:
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Balubish » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:51 am

Sadly enough, I still will get my ass kicked at Critsandvich, damnit!
Maybe now ppl will stop talking to me about suspected hackers that have been regulars for a long time. *cough* Imaculage

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Lia_Rein » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:52 am

Lol Ima was one of the first people I thought about!! Also we had a scrim against this team a week or two ago on upward- beat them first round so basically their sniper turns on his hacks, we STILL beat them and he rage quits with his team mates saying "he was raging cuz your demo wouldn't die" (gj shoutzo) and now he's vacbanned lul. #EvenWithHacks

That spike!
https://steamdb.info/stats/bans/

My celebratory vid:

Lia_Rein
Blue Admin

by WA WA SKITTLETITS » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:31 pm

Meh. The tech behind LMAOBOX hacks was hella impressive. The dude who made it also wrote a paper on how to make cheat engines and stuff. Really pretty interesting stuff from the programming side.
WA WA SKITTLETITS

by Doctor Galaxy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:16 pm

WA WA SKITTLETITS wrote:Meh. The tech behind LMAOBOX hacks was hella impressive. The dude who made it also wrote a paper on how to make cheat engines and stuff. Really pretty interesting stuff from the programming side.

I saw that earlier today and read it while I was eating lunch.
His thesis was pretty impressive by how he went into talking about how VAC operates and how he described cheating software.

This is it if any of you are curious.
http://is.muni.cz/th/396115/fi_b/bk.pdf
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by WA WA SKITTLETITS » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Doctor Galaxy wrote:
WA WA SKITTLETITS wrote:Meh. The tech behind LMAOBOX hacks was hella impressive. The dude who made it also wrote a paper on how to make cheat engines and stuff. Really pretty interesting stuff from the programming side.

I saw that earlier today and read it while I was eating lunch.
His thesis was pretty impressive by how he went into talking about how VAC operates and how he described cheating software.

This is it if any of you are curious.
http://is.muni.cz/th/396115/fi_b/bk.pdf

He also released the source code but I wasn't able to download it to take a look at before the link was taken down. If anyone got it hook a brotha up.
WA WA SKITTLETITS

by Kaiuu » Sun May 01, 2016 9:03 am

WA WA SKITTLETITS wrote:
He also released the source code but I wasn't able to download it to take a look at before the link was taken down. If anyone got it hook a brotha up.

The hack / source code he released was apparently ridden with malware - https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/4 ... s_account/
So who knows when the source code will be released.

The most high profile person to be banned was vlad. Here's him sniping in this season's highlander finals, which his team won ( although people on the lmaobox forums said he hadn't hacked in months )
https://youtu.be/XQkheD2yuPc?t=50s
Kaiuu
Donator

by Lia_Rein » Sun May 01, 2016 9:51 am

Lia_Rein
Blue Admin

by Ron Swansons Stache » Sun May 01, 2016 10:32 am

Dang, sucks we won't be seeing Bernt around anymore :\
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by flutters » Sun May 15, 2016 11:06 pm

whelp - i always said ugc was full of haxors, and everyone told me i was full of sh*t- just goes to show that most folks- even ones who think they are the best dont have a clue what to look for. everyone involved with ugc was either ignorant or complicit. lmaobox is the most basic and groundfloor hack out there ($20)- there are many other hacks available that are comparable to lmaobox as well as smaller custom hacks that that sell for $1000 +. it can be a hard thing to come to terms with that folks you like or have played with a long time are hackers- odds are when they play against you they have the hacks turned off for their friends so it can be hard to tell. a good case in point is the guy in lias video (kit-kat) who was one of my oldest steam friends- he always used to ask me why i played on critsandvich "its got so many hackers" he would say- little did i know he was hacking at the time and could see other hackers respond to him through the map. he told lia about his hacking to add weight to accusations against several critsandvich regulars (including bernt) and she took the right steps in reporting him and letting me know- i immediately unfriended him on steam. Kit-kat told lia that he hacked to combat other hackers, and this is an lame excuse used by many folks who hack, and in the case of competitive play it ends up being the norm- much like doping in sports (like pro cycling…). In community servers folks hack for prestige amongst their peers- sad I know.

There are different ways you can react to hacking in tf2 as a player:

1) you can hack(cant beat um then join um)

2) you can recognize it and call people on it (you will be mocked and told you are full of sh*t)

3) you can quit tf2 (dirty bomb and warframe anyone?)

4) you can pretend that hackers are rare and mock anyone who makes hackusations even if they have 3 times as much time in the game than you and have played video games since pong…

there a lot of great folks at critsandvich, it can be a lot of fun!! there are many really good players to trade blows with that can kick your ass and teach you new things, it feels good to return the favor to these players- a real sense of accomplishment – the stuff tf2 players live for. I can only hope the staff at critsandvich are willing to put in the time and effort to learn about the hacks that are still out there and perhaps add source tv to the mix. Vac has been made a lot better and lmaobox is down for now (yay), but it really is just a drop in the bucket . The only way for a community to be clean of hackers is informed and vigilant admins. I wish you luck- imaculage
flutters
Donator

by Balubish » Mon May 16, 2016 2:11 am

flutters wrote:whelp - i always said ugc was full of haxors, and everyone told me i was full of sh*t- just goes to show that most folks- even ones who think they are the best dont have a clue what to look for. everyone involved with ugc was either ignorant or complicit. lmaobox is the most basic and groundfloor hack out there ($20)- there are many other hacks available that are comparable to lmaobox as well as smaller custom hacks that that sell for $1000 +. it can be a hard thing to come to terms with that folks you like or have played with a long time are hackers- odds are when they play against you they have the hacks turned off for their friends so it can be hard to tell. a good case in point is the guy in lias video (kit-kat) who was one of my oldest steam friends- he always used to ask me why i played on critsandvich "its got so many hackers" he would say- little did i know he was hacking at the time and could see other hackers respond to him through the map. he told lia about his hacking to add weight to accusations against several critsandvich regulars (including bernt) and she took the right steps in reporting him and letting me know- i immediately unfriended him on steam. Kit-kat told lia that he hacked to combat other hackers, and this is an lame excuse used by many folks who hack, and in the case of competitive play it ends up being the norm- much like doping in sports (like pro cycling…). In community servers folks hack for prestige amongst their peers- sad I know.

There are different ways you can react to hacking in tf2 as a player:

1) you can hack(cant beat um then join um)

2) you can recognize it and call people on it (you will be mocked and told you are full of sh*t)

3) you can quit tf2 (dirty bomb and warframe anyone?)

4) you can pretend that hackers are rare and mock anyone who makes hackusations even if they have 3 times as much time in the game than you and have played video games since pong…

there a lot of great folks at critsandvich, it can be a lot of fun!! there are many really good players to trade blows with that can kick your ass and teach you new things, it feels good to return the favor to these players- a real sense of accomplishment – the stuff tf2 players live for. I can only hope the staff at critsandvich are willing to put in the time and effort to learn about the hacks that are still out there and perhaps add source tv to the mix. Vac has been made a lot better and lmaobox is down for now (yay), but it really is just a drop in the bucket . The only way for a community to be clean of hackers is informed and vigilant admins. I wish you luck- imaculage

Its all good, Bernt piss off most of us sometimes. And when it comes to source TV its all up to Redmins to add that if they want it.
I dont see why Bernt is always the main issue all the time though. Sure he is main sniper and are good at it but there are several players that are even better.
So it kinda suprises me he is often the issue with ppl. Sure we are happy to slam the banhammer on hackers but we need proof.
Personally I have never used or seen Source TV and not sure why that would solve anything but i might just be as you said uneducated in this matter which is fine, I barely do shit on the servers anyways.

But I do know CSn have always been accused of having alot of hackers but not much proof funny enough.
Hope we solve ur problem Imaculage.

Best regards Balubish - noobmin

Balubish
Donator

by Lia_Rein » Mon May 16, 2016 6:19 am

Source TV means you can spec people without them being aware that you are speccing them. So that they don't "turn off their hacks" for example. I tried TPF's a couple of times just to see what it was like (i didn't suspect anyone of hacking lol) Anyone could access their stv.

[On a side note KitKat also told me he knew a lot of comp hackers and he told me he had hacks turned off for his friends automatically.]

One thing I will say for Ima is that Kitkat (although he wasn't exactly a regular) had been on CSn enough times for me to recognise his name and know that he normally top scored, or was in the top three and he was on CSn before I joined but I guess no one suspected him of hacking? I only found out because I came across him in a valve game where he was blatantly hacking lol so I messaged him about it and then he kind of bragged about his hacks and told me about other CSners who "hack." Though kitkat is a hacker himself, that doesn't necessarily mean though that he's accurately identifying other hackers so meh. Kitkat typically used nospread and wall hacks on CSn. (normally as scout or sniper, though he was hacking as heavy in the clip I have of him) He also confirmed that you can hack with projectiles and that he does so, if that's of any help :P

I just felt weird about it cuz I'd played with him quite a few times on CSn but hadn't been aware of hacking- but I wouldn't really know much about it at all apart from what kitkat told me back then.
Last edited by Lia_Rein on Mon May 16, 2016 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Mon May 16, 2016 6:35 am

Lia_Rein wrote:Source TV means you can spec people without them being aware that you are speccing them. So that they don't "turn off their hacks" for example. I tried TPF's a couple of times just to see what it was like (i didn't suspect anyone of hacking lol) Anyone could access their stv.

[On a side note KitKat also told me he knew a lot of comp hackers and he told me he had hacks turned off for his friends automatically.]

So technicly even if you spec and have higher ping like me for example compared to the player it still can create wierd movement thanks to lag compensation right?
It sounds like it works just like spectate ingame if im correct right? Only different it doesnt show who is watching right?

Balubish
Donator

by Lia_Rein » Mon May 16, 2016 6:45 am

Balubish wrote:
So technicly even if you spec and have higher ping like me for example compared to the player it still can create wierd movement thanks to lag compensation right?
It sounds like it works just like spectate ingame if im correct right? Only different it doesnt show who is watching right?

I guess but maybe don't have someone use it with high ping? lol It also has a 30 second delay or so? Not sure on the exact time. I'm not necessarily saying we need to get it anyway, was just filling you in on the little bit I knew
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Mon May 16, 2016 7:08 am

Lia_Rein wrote:
Balubish wrote:

I guess but maybe don't have someone use it with high ping? lol It also has a 30 second delay or so? Not sure on the exact time. I'm not necessarily saying we need to get it anyway, was just filling you in on the little bit I knew

Yeah but here is when it fails, unless both have like 5ping to the server it will fuck up the spectate, atleast what I was told when I banned mr fancy.
So both the player and the spectater need to have really low ping to to the server to make it valid. But sure you might caught some stuff like wall hacks or whatever.
Personally I like to fuck with hackers like snipers in general and go behind them and make them ragequit. Ppl seems to think hackers are unkillable anyways.

So pissing off a hacker that ragequit makes me get cozy inside.

Balubish
Donator

by AronTimes » Sat May 21, 2016 4:10 pm

My command is your wish.
AronTimes
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2