Valve Server Failure.

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Valve Server Failure.

by Pikmin3411 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:53 pm

So a little bit after the Gun Mettle Update, my tf2 would crash everytime I would try to connect. I've tried restarting steam, uninstalling and reinstalling tf2.
it seems it would take a while during server info and client info and then tf2 would just crash. From what I know I am NOT vac banned.

This is happening on Valve servers ONLY. I've run out of options and I have NO CLUE what to do. All I want is power house cases T_T. Can ANYONE help me at all?

(EDIT: It seems some people are having this problem since MAY. However, I haven't seen a fix yet.)
Pikmin3411
Donator

Re: Valve Server Failure.

by fingerman » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:33 am

Did you try verifying your game install cache?
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Balubish » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:22 am

No ur not VAC banned, I checked. If you have issues with VAC it would give you a message when joining a server.
I guess you crash out to windows? Or is it just the loading that jump back to menu?
I searched a bit on the net and ALOT! of ppl seems to have this problem many of them uses mac for some reason¿

But on the new maps atleast and maybe even on the older ones I personally heard many complain about lag, and low fps. And I drop down to 70fps sometimes and my PC shouldnt do that.
I tested TF2 at 4K around an average of 150fps but I mainly play at 1080p. So Valve have done something really bad on this update.
And its too bad that not everyone can play this update, kinda kills the game for those players.

But just for fun, try and lower the res for example to 1080p to 720p and see if you can join. Could be a stupid thing that checks ur FPS while loading
and if you are below a certain FPS number when loading you might not connect. I wouldnt be surprised, Valve never surprise me anymore so.
And yes its a longshot but couldnt hurt to try.

Also check this thread you might find your solution here.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/530646080850796989/

There are some explanations that some even crash from new gun textures cause the code is broken for it so GG TF:Go

Other than that, check ur printer cable.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Pikmin3411 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Balubish wrote:No ur not VAC banned, I checked. If you have issues with VAC it would give you a message when joining a server.
I guess you crash out to windows? Or is it just the loading that jump back to menu?
I searched a bit on the net and ALOT! of ppl seems to have this problem many of them uses mac for some reason¿
Other than that, check ur printer cable.

I use Windows. When the map loads the last two parts (I guess it was retrieving server info and sending client info), all of TF2 just crashes completely. No menu or anything. It just sends me back to my laptop screen.

Also I have NO clue how to check a printer cable :| I guess unplugging it and plugging it back in?

EDIT: It takes a while for "Retrieving Server Info" to be done, and it takes a little bit longer for "Sending Client Info" to "finish". Sending Client info doesn't even finish, its one white bar away and then tf2 just crashes completely. (disregard about the mouse thing, I can move and see my mouse during both loadings.)

EDIT 2: When Sending Client Info is 1 bar away, My mouse has the loading symbol and then tf2 crashes.
Pikmin3411
Donator

by Rumors » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:21 pm

Only thing I can think of is you have a corrupted file somewhere. You should manually delete everything in your TF2 folder except screenshots or replays if you want to keep those. Make sure it is uninstalled on Steam clients end. Then reinstall everything and verify game cache through steam client before launching.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

Return to Team Fortress 2