Gun Mettle Update- WTF Valve

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Gun Mettle Update- WTF Valve

by DerKrieger105 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:14 pm

http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle/powerhouse.php

So patch notes for tomorrows update. Engie got rekt. Pyro got buffed. Subscriptions and weapon swapping. My God Volvo what did you do
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

Re: Gun Mettle Update- WTF Valve

by Zuul » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:23 pm

TF:GO

:^)
Last edited by Zuul on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Zuul
Pink Admin

by L0wsound » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:23 pm

DerKrieger105 wrote:http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle/powerhouse.php

So patch notes for tomorrows update. Engie got rekt. Pyro got buffed. Subscriptions and weapon swapping. My God Volvo what did you do

I dunno admit that:
Mini Sentries can now be repaired
Mini Sentries can now be wrench construction boosted
Mini Sentry base build speed decreased. Mini Sentries that are wrench boosted build slightly faster than previously.
Mini Sentries start at 50% health on construction and gain health during construction instead of starting at 100%

I gotta agree with the Volvo wtf... Huge changes which will probably piss off many.

Definitly going to make the game more difficult to understand/master for the casuals.
L0wsound

by Someone Special » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:30 pm

In short, CS:GO is invading TF2. Really not that outrageous.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by DerKrieger105 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:45 pm

L0wsound wrote:

I dunno admit that:
Mini Sentries can now be repaired
Mini Sentries can now be wrench construction boosted
Mini Sentry base build speed decreased. Mini Sentries that are wrench boosted build slightly faster than previously.
Mini Sentries start at 50% health on construction and gain health during construction instead of starting at 100%

I gotta agree with the Volvo wtf... Huge changes which will probably piss off many.

Definitly going to make the game more difficult to understand/master for the casuals.

That is all pointless for the mini. They are expendable. No one is going to babysit a mini. So now they are repairable and can be wrench boosted but no one will do that and are more vulnerable and slower without the boost. Plus the wrangle protection is different and sentries are more vulnerable to heavies....

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by Doctor Galaxy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:16 pm

So, update in a nutshell:

- Campaign mode for $6
- You get to choose between picking up that medium ammo pack that just fell out of that guy or his purple-colored rocket launcher that has flames on it
- Buffs to weapons that were completely unexpected
- Nerfs to weapons that now make them either better in some sense that will make itself aware in a certain amount of time, or just be completely useless (looking at you, my Strange Professional Vaccinator)
- Spies can now experience the full Metal Gear package with being in a box and moving around, only to come out and so that he could kill that one noob Pyro who doesn't know any better
- Invis Watch/C&D Buff that's pretty chill and encourages Spies to use something other than the DR
- Suicidal Soldiers can now use the kamikaze taunt and live if he's getting stock ubered by a friendly Medic
- Heavies are roaming around the map with the Dalokoh's Bar and Eviction Notice, keeping up a somewhat modest 400 overheal and making use of the speed boost
- Heavies can also tank damage when revving up with the Brass Beast and Natascha instead of being giant walking pincushions

And remember, kiddies:
Team Fortress 2 Devs wrote:Campaign-exclusive weapons are purely cosmetic.

I'm waiting for some dude to get their hands on a really rare weapon and the trading community just being putty in that person's hands.
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by Sharpshooter 200 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:20 pm

I hate it and love it at the same time.
Sharpshooter 200
Donator

by flufffage » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 pm

Ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkk mmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy lllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffeeee

And my wallet. Released on payday, thanks Volvo.
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Balubish » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:15 am

Are you fucking kidding me?!?! I don't even! RAGE!
Are gonna be able to heal those little shitter too now, WTF!

Soon that little fucker will have 545564234 health too. FUCK!

And good Job Valve, you wont earn more money from new upgrades that also cost more money, normal ppl dont work that way.

FUCK YOU GABEN YOU FAT GREEDY BASTARD!

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by L0wsound » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:04 am

I'm still not sure how I feel about this.

Just feels like a money grab. Next up Valve will be putting hats in CSGO..(or just GO related cosmetics(swat gear and such)).
L0wsound

by toss » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:12 am

Are... are those heavy taunts? I never thought I'd see the day + LNL DEBUFF!!! Oh joyous day
toss

by flufffage » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:48 am

L0wsound wrote:Image

Just feels like a money grab. Next up Valve will be putting hats in CSGO..(or just GO related cosmetics(swat gear and such)).

BUT THEYRE UGLY THO. COW PRINT, PLAID AND CAMO??????? WHO DECIDED ON THESE JESUS CHRIST, THEY'RE AWFUL. AND THEY'RE ONLY STOCK WEAPONS? GOOD LUCK FRIENDS I'M GONNA GO DIE IN THAT CORNER OVER THERE.

OH MY GOD VALVE STOP
#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by L0wsound » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:09 am

flufffage wrote:BUT THEYRE UGLY THO. COW PRINT, PLAID AND CAMO??????? WHO DECIDED ON THESE JESUS CHRIST, THEY'RE AWFUL. AND THEY'RE ONLY STOCK WEAPONS? GOOD LUCK FRIENDS I'M GONNA GO DIE IN THAT CORNER OVER THERE.

OH MY GOD VALVE STOP

Oh shush you winer. It could be worse. Valve could stop updating tf2 altogether.

also http://imgur.com/a/xrGQK for comparison.
L0wsound

by Someone Special » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:11 pm

flufffage wrote:

BUT THEYRE UGLY THO. COW PRINT, PLAID AND CAMO??????? WHO DECIDED ON THESE JESUS CHRIST, THEY'RE AWFUL. AND THEY'RE ONLY STOCK WEAPONS? GOOD LUCK FRIENDS I'M GONNA GO DIE IN THAT CORNER OVER THERE.

OH MY GOD VALVE STOP

O come on, they're not that bad!
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by L0wsound » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:20 pm

Any play yet? I feel like I'm going to have to learn to play again D:
L0wsound

by DerKrieger105 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:41 pm

What I think is funny is they are so worried about items messing up the art style of the game. What the hell does this do? Destroys it.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by Doctor Galaxy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:52 pm

flufffage wrote:BUT THEYRE UGLY THO. COW PRINT, PLAID AND CAMO??????? WHO DECIDED ON THESE JESUS CHRIST, THEY'RE AWFUL. AND THEY'RE ONLY STOCK WEAPONS? GOOD LUCK FRIENDS I'M GONNA GO DIE IN THAT CORNER OVER THERE.

Implying that you don't want a Cow-print flamethrower.
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by Sharpshooter 200 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:06 pm

These looks pretty badass, though.

I'm more interested on whether or not the server will keep random spread on, as the update will turn it off by default.
Sharpshooter 200
Donator

by Balubish » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Wow the JAG is fucking stupid fast now, now everyone want to play engie, that boost that kicks in are ridicoulos.

Good thing I bought a prokillstreak couple months back :P

Balubish
Donator

by DerKrieger105 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:28 pm

Balubish wrote:Wow the JAG is fucking stupid fast now, now everyone want to play engie, that boost that kicks in are ridicoulos.

It is so fucking stupid. There is no reason to build a mini at all now. Level 1 with a Jag is way more effective and about the same speed. Rescue Ranger and Wrangler combo got destroyed and miniguns do more damage to sentries so now defending against an uber is nearly impossible. Engineer isn't fun anymore and offers very little in defense or support now.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by Doctor Galaxy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:18 pm

Also took a screenshot of what we did today on the Love Nest. It was more about switching weapons with each other and overall just having fun with what the updated weapons could do.
Everyone went from the first cap to the last just dancing away. :D
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by Balubish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 am

DerKrieger105 wrote:
Balubish wrote:Wow the JAG is fucking stupid fast now, now everyone want to play engie, that boost that kicks in are ridicoulos.

It is so fucking stupid. There is no reason to build a mini at all now. Level 1 with a Jag is way more effective and about the same speed. Rescue Ranger and Wrangler combo got destroyed and miniguns do more damage to sentries so now defending against an uber is nearly impossible. Engineer isn't fun anymore and offers very little in defense or support now.

What do you mean, its hilarious playing Engie now. Building a lvl 1 and to 3 in about 6 seconds if you have full dispenser lol, its stupid and insane.

And I still can kill with the loch, thankfully, I will still make engies rage *puh*
Maybe if valve dont listen to raging kids about these things, he killed my sentry with the loch and they nerfed it with lower damage and an extra pill? And now it basicly do the same.
Still need 2 shots to kill a sniper or scout for example, and heavy takes 3 as before. If they just had left it as it was 2 pills for one heavy and one pill for fast ass scouts and 1 pill for sniper that are across the map sniping. It all comes down playtime and skill. I love when ppl complain about me killing them with LnL maybe because i have 20.000 kills on it and know how to aim with it, or it OP, you figure it out will ya :)

Balubish
Donator

by HausOfJoel » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:36 am

flufffage wrote:

OH MY GOD VALVE STOP

Don't get crazy and diss on that flawless cow print flamethrower
GG Volvo. 9/10 update would like more changes
HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by flufffage » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Doctor Galaxy wrote:Everyone went from the first cap to the last just dancing away. :D

Ahhhh, memories of the conga launch.
#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by xalde » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:25 pm

In the midst of reading more patch notes applied today, I caught this:

Dropped weapons now retain their ammo and ÜberCharge levels unless the player commits suicide

I really don't know how I feel about this, might be too much of a game changer for my taste. Snipe a medic that dropped uber? Opposing team medic picks up what was dropped. Bad enough a team loses a charged medic, but then the other team gets to use that charge against them?
xalde
Donator

by Someone Special » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:21 pm

xalde wrote:In the midst of reading more patch notes applied today, I caught this:

Dropped weapons now retain their ammo and ÜberCharge levels unless the player commits suicide

I really don't know how I feel about this, might be too much of a game changer for my taste. Snipe a medic that dropped uber? Opposing team medic picks up what was dropped. Bad enough a team loses a charged medic, but then the other team gets to use that charge against them?

The weapon doesn't stay there THAT long, so it's nothing too game changing.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Balubish » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:37 am

xalde wrote:In the midst of reading more patch notes applied today, I caught this:

Agreed. They have made 3 updates in a year and then they change basicly all weapons and loadout stats in a day.

Balubish
Donator

by Doctor Galaxy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:10 pm

Funny that you mentioned this.
I was on Borneo today near the final cap and had 98% on my stock Übercannon. There was a minute left on the clock, so as per usual, something in my brain decides that the best course of action was to peak to the staircase to where most of their team was coming from. Suddenly, their Scout comes down the staircase and meatshots me. When I respawn, I pick up my medigun again, with the charge, but Scooty-Booty comes back and kills me again. When I finally respawn, it's about 15 seconds left in the game, and we're getting swamped, so I manage to go over to the location of where my medigun was and picked it back up with that 98% charge and healed someone for about a second for the full charge.

mfw I help win the game by stopping their advance using an Über they made me drop and I picked up again
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by Boehner » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:29 am

I like the idea of stealing ubers. It encourages smarter play for pub medics.
Boehner
Donator

by L0wsound » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:21 pm

L0wsound

by L0wsound » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:16 am

Looky looky I got a cookie:

Now to spend more money on TF2...
L0wsound

Return to Team Fortress 2