RTV and Scramble

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

RTV and Scramble

by Keebles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:56 pm

I had an idea on how to rework RTV and Scramble today. Balubish suggested I mention it here.

These votes hardly ever get enough people that will enter them in chat for them to work. Would it be possible to trigger a server wide vote after 20% of the players call for the vote? So instead of needing 14 people typing in !votescramble this could be done with 5-6 which would then ask the remaining players. I don't know if people don't know how to type in chat or are fine playing with obviously unbalanced teams but I think the community would appreciate a way to make these votes happen more often.

An example for clarity: The map chosen is killing the server which currently has 20 players on it. After 4 people (the suggested 20%) type rtv in chat a server vote is triggered. The remaining (or all) people on the server vote to change maps using the same voting system as a votegag, nextmap, etc. This doesn't mean that the server will switch everytime 5-6 people don't like the map. It will just increase the frequency that the option is given.

Just an idea. Maybe no one else thinks this is a problem. But I have noticed that when a server is full and a lot of people are complaining about the map typing in rtv and seeing "14 more votes required" makes it seem nearly impossible.
Keebles
Donator

Re: RTV and Scramble

by DerKrieger105 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:29 pm

Another issue with the RTV command is if no majority is reached. It will do one revote and get it down to like two maps but if one doesn't get a majority the vote fails and you can't RTV again for awhile. Really sucks when you finally get everyone to type RTV and it fails.
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Yeah we did Rockety The Voty yesterday and only one map came up. "Stay on this map or Upward" Not sure if that are a script or if we need to nominate more maps before RTV. But maybe 6-8rtv or so should be the max.
And I guess the same for votescramble 6-8 max to votescramble cause often the W1nn1ng team wont agree with the scramble at all. Not so weird either, nobody wants too lose. And as admin we shouldnt force a scramble in the middle of a game.
But I think if its a votescramble its accepted. Might be wrong on that but my point of view.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by toss » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Yeah this seems like a really good idea. I've always been struck by how hard it was to change a map, especially after today's horror show of a pipeline match.
toss

by Balubish » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:22 pm

toss wrote:Yeah this seems like a really good idea. I've always been struck by how hard it was to change a map, especially after today's horror show of a pipeline match.

What are you talking about Pipeline is the shit! :)

Balubish
Donator

by Rosey » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:33 am

Support. Always hated default rtv and votescrambling systems.
Rosey
Blue Admin

by Ron Swansons Stache » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Great idea. That way we have to have a decent amount of people asking for a vote before it pops up and harasses but we also WILL get a few map change votes every once in a while which is most needed.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Guy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:14 pm

I don't get scrambled often... but when I do...
It will be on the last point in which my uber worked well on Red, and Blu is pushing and I ded... and I am getting the message 'YOU ARE NOW ON RED!"

FAVORITE!
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Someone Special » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Guy wrote:I don't get scrambled often... but when I do...
It will be on the last point in which my uber worked well on Red, and Blu is pushing and I ded... and I am getting the message 'YOU ARE NOW ON RED!"

FAVORITE!

Oh god, I feel your pain.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Ron Swansons Stache » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:17 pm

FAVORITE!

Oh did you just destroy 2 different red Engi nests that were protecting the entire team? WELCOME TO RED.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by DerKrieger105 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Ron Swansons Stache wrote:

FAVORITE!

Oh did you just destroy 2 different red Engi nests that were protecting the entire team? WELCOME TO RED.

lol exactly. If that happens I always feel the need to apologize. Sorry I wrecked your shit lol

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by fingerman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:14 pm

I tweaked rock the vote, it has a lower percentage (50) to allow rtv, and changed the fail action to change to winner.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by DerKrieger105 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:22 pm

fingerman wrote:I tweaked rock the vote, it has a lower percentage (50) to allow rtv, and changed the fail action to change to winner.

Alright awesome Fingerman! I think that will really improve things

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:33 pm

fingerman wrote:I tweaked rock the vote, it has a lower percentage (50) to allow rtv, and changed the fail action to change to winner.

Lets see how it works :D ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC :!:

Balubish
Donator

by fingerman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Balubish wrote:

Lets see how it works :D ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC :!:

fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Balubish » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:43 am

ROFL!!! ZLATANED = The new word for rekt

Balubish
Donator

by Jagla » Fri May 22, 2015 12:39 am

Some maps people complain about constantly come up in the vote rotation, is this something that could be altered as well? I'm not talking about maps that are nominated, rather the ones that aren't that are in the default map vote. If that makes any sense.
Jagla
Donator

by Someone Special » Fri May 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Jagla wrote:Some maps people complain about constantly come up in the vote rotation, is this something that could be altered as well? I'm not talking about maps that are nominated, rather the ones that aren't that are in the default map vote. If that makes any sense.

People have the ability to nominate maps they want to play as well, by using the following commands

IN CHAT
!nominate
/nominate

IN CONSOLE
sm_nominate {map name here}
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Jagla » Fri May 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Someone Special wrote:
People have the ability to nominate maps they want to play as well, by using the following commands

IN CHAT
!nominate
/nominate

IN CONSOLE
sm_nominate {map name here}

Yeah I know but if someone forgets to nominate or cant because they nominated last map, then the default list of maps to pick kinda sucks sometimes.
Jagla
Donator

by UNKLE RUNKLE » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Good idea.
UNKLE RUNKLE
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2