Slaybox commentary

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Slaybox commentary

by xalde » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:48 pm

This afternoon I got to enjoy CSn|Fence! go spectator and do commentary on our match in pl_badwater. I'm a simple man amused by simple things, and the commentary greatly amused me. Felt like I was in a pro match with an audience cheering me on. A shame it wasn't being recorded, it would have been fun to watch on You Tube and could be good advertisement for the server.

In short, much thanks Fence for the commentary! Would love to see this happen more often and have the videos up on YouTube. Let me know next time someone thinks of doing that, or make it a posted event on the steam group.
xalde
Donator

Re: Slaybox commentary

by Thret » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:24 pm

I think it would be awesome if everyone pitched in a little and schedule a weekly timeslot for awesome commentary and then raffle off an item every hour or so. Could leave Goldmins in charge of the stash of raffle winnings?

Just an idea for some potential publicity and some fun.
Thret

by Mike808 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Thret wrote:I think it would be awesome if everyone pitched in a little and schedule a weekly timeslot for awesome commentary and then raffle off an item every hour or so. Could leave Goldmins in charge of the stash of raffle winnings?

Just an idea for some potential publicity and some fun.

Although that sounds like a good idea. What will happen is that CSn would become knows as a commentary server and not a fun public server. It will be hard to get new and more committed regulars because people will only join when commentary is in progress. The best way is to have it randomly and have people join the server for fun, but be rewarded with surprise commentary.
Im speaking with experience.
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by megamoose » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Better yet, do an event that says... "Surprise commentary in SB 1/2! Crud, now it's not a surprise anymore..."
megamoose
Donator

by xalde » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Mike808 wrote:Although that sounds like a good idea. What will happen is that CSn would become knows as a commentary server and not a fun public server. It will be hard to get new and more committed regulars because people will only join when commentary is in progress. The best way is to have it randomly and have people join the server for fun, but be rewarded with surprise commentary.
Im speaking with experience.

Hmm, these words you type are true. We ought to be able to think of some way to have our sandvich and eat it too. Maybe a weekly event that people would sign up for on the forums (gets people to sign up on our forums) to be played on a generally unused server ( competitive server?). Perhaps a weekly or bi-weekly highlander-for-fun, or just regular with a commentator and YouTube upload. Have it occur on a varied schedule so that it wouldn't be the same people, so that those who can't make it one week at that time could make the next at a different time. Perhaps have it so someone can't partake in to commentary games back-to-back unless slots don't fill. It would give the regular servers something to talk about, recruit more members to the forums and general servers, while not necessarily taking away from Critsandvich being a fun public server.

Maybe make the commentary sessions a donor perk?

Probably sounds like too much work though. I'm just trying to find ways to make it work because I really really enjoyed it and would love to be involved in another one instead of just waiting for luck to bless me again.
Last edited by xalde on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xalde
Donator

by Boler » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:38 pm

I tried to do commentary once, everyone thought I was boring as fuck and I wasn't doing a good job at talking much.

Only certain people can do it well, let's leave it to them whenever they want to do it.
Image Image
I am a frequent user of random loadouts I don't really like.
Boler
Donator

by Thret » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:10 pm

I like Mike's idea of making it, at least, semi-random. That way we don't get pegged as just a commentary community but can also do some cool things like this. Perhaps send an event a couple hours in advance and that would be the only warning people not involved in the administration of the event would have? Either way, I think if we could get some regular, entertaining commentators and some item donations for raffles, this could be awesome.
Thret

by VoltySquirrel » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:45 am

I've done it. It's fun. But yeah, it can't be planned, or else everyone only knows you as "that commentary guy".
VoltySquirrel

Return to Team Fortress 2