Take That is tired of being accused of shit.

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Take That is tired of being accused of shit.

by Take That!! » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:27 pm

First off, since everyone likes to hold discussions about me behind my back, I thought I would take this opportunity to properly defend myself. Not once, ever, have I ever switched back to a team I had been forced-switched from. You can claim all you want, and make up shit all you want, but never has this happened. Secondly, I am never instigating anything, I retaliate when provoked, I have never attacked an admin unprovoked, nor have I ever back-talked an admin unless they have instigated to the point where I have to defend myself. Thirdly, me and Ackbar were on a team tonight, and all I did was run around as scout, taunting in front of the enemy base. The enemy team was practically being spawn camped on the second map of dustbowl. Me and Ackbar literally did nothing a whole round and the opposing team was still held back, so just because me and Ackbar are on a team together, does not mean we have stacked the teams. This community has been hell bent on getting rid of me and Zclipse for apparently no reason whatsoever. I can understand getting angry at Zclipse (sorry Z) but I have done nothing. All I do on the servers are join a team and play. I banter, I moan like a turtle, but it is never griefing or insulting (unless it is to Ackbar), I honestly do not know why you people think I do some of the things you say I do, I think it is because you guys lump me in a category with Zclipse and anything he does, automatically means I do it. This is a game, this is not a job, this is not real life. I thought most of the people on the server were mature enough to realize this, but most have a god complex and think they are superior just because they are over the age of 20. I think most of the admins need to take a step back and realize the servers are not filling up because the admins are nazis that enforce stupid rules like, no using teamwork. This community has really taken a turn for the worst.
Take That!!

Re: Take That is tired of being accused of shit.

by Ackybur » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:31 pm

You forgot to mention you moan a lot like a turtle.
Ackybur
Donator

by VoltySquirrel » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:16 am

Admiral Ackybur wrote:You forgot to mention you moan a lot like a turtle.

VoltySquirrel

by Zclipse » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:41 am

Drama Fortress 2.

Just ignore it man, It's not the whole community, just a select few that can't let go of the past. Its not worth it.
The majority of the community is actually enjoyable to be around.
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by Repoman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:15 am

Zclipse wrote:Drama Fortress 2.

Just ignore it man, It's not the whole community, just a select few that can't let go of the past. Its not worth it.
The majority of the community is actually enjoyable to be around.

Nope.

Actually yes.

o.o

yeah!
Repoman

by Ackybur » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:57 am

Z I love you and your rhyming abilities, but I had to remove it. Trust me its for the greater good.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo, ackybur

P.s
I love this community. The people are generally relaxed, and always fun to talk to. Except that watermelon guy geeeeeeeez he's such a hard ass! Man...... ;)
Ackybur
Donator

by Take That!! » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:47 am

I just like how people are saying I am a reoccurring offender, when in actuality the only example that has been given is one time two nights ago. I should not have to change my play style because apparently I am too good, I cannot think of another reason why people could possibly hate me. Except rawkies, who I was quite rude to on a bad day of mine.
Take That!!

by Ackybur » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Yeah I remember that. What a meanie! You can't talk to rawkies that way! He's like a puppy that you find in a box next to the street and this puppy gives you these big sad eyes cuz you yelled at it! Aww its ok rawkies shhhh its ok
Ackybur
Donator

by Zclipse » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Z I love you and your rhyming abilities, but I had to remove it. Trust me its for the greater good.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo, ackybur

P.s
I love this community. The people are generally relaxed, and always fun to talk to. Except that watermelon guy geeeeeeeez he's such a hard ass! Man...... ;)

Lame, Do you think it would acceptable if i rephrased it :D

I would XO back to you but they are reserved for my boy failhorse.

FAILHORSE I LOVE YOU BABY, DONT BEAT THE KIDS WHILE IM AWAY, you know how you get sometimes. XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXO <3 <3 <3 <3
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by Echoplex » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:16 pm

How much hell do you actually catch over this kind of stuff? We are not a newbie or 24/7 2fort server and I've never seen the teams stacked for a prolonged period of time. I lump you and Zclipse together because you're friends, but I would be doing that regardless or which teams you're playing on. You're both friendly, you're both good, and neither of you are turdnuggets like Rex.
I have no issue with it (even though I don't exactly understand what "it" is) and I don't think that many of the core community members do, either.

Edit: me read good. I guess some people do have a problem with alleged teamstacking. I don't :/

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Vivi Hill » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:06 pm

I have to agree with Big Bear. I really haven't seen any terribly problematic behavior from any admins. I think the issue lies in the fact that we're still unclear about the definition of 'stacking'.

I'd like to say that we're being a bit strict in some cases. I think it's fine when admins join a specific team, as long as it isn't damaging. We aren't getting complaints from people about stacking, the matches are balanced ok, and the scrambler takes care of anomalies.

I don't see any reason to enforce force switching every time an admin is seen not autojoining. If I want to play with my friend Farnsworth I'd like the possibility that I choose his team. Not with any intention of blowing the other team away (we're not very good as a team) but just for the fun that teamwork brings. If we get scrambled, so be it. If the other team is seriously failing and the autoscrambler doesn't work, then so be it, I can switch and take one for the team. But no need to force switch people just because they enjoy playing together.

We should probably enact a new policy: if you see an admin stacking, record a demo and show to other admins. Don't switch them just because you see them join the same team. Then there's more concrete evidence that we can all look over and deal with. For now, I don't see ackbar or anyone else for that matter causing problems while I'm on. If I'm shown a demo where someone is trolling the server, then fine, we can discuss this further. But for now it seems useless to have this passive-aggressive battle with the teamswitcher. We need to treat each other with respect as admins.

Feel free to use your powers to switch non-admins if they're truly being a menace. But don't switch admins on your own. Bring it up and provide evidence. If there's truly a problem maybe they don't deserve admin. And if they're regulars like Take That then provide some demo evidence after the switch so they don't get accused falsely.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Take That!! » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:13 pm

I am sorry for offending some admins, I did not mean all admins were accusing me, only a few. I really like you Benny, you are always the voice of reason. Keep on keepin' on.
Take That!!

by Ackybur » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Oh benny! Our voice for the future!
Ackybur
Donator

by Zclipse » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks for resolving this benny, CsN would be dead without you.

Benny for president.
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by NuclearWatermelon » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Zclipse wrote:Thanks for resolving this benny, CsN would be dead without you.

Benny for president.

He's already the Commander in Chief... of Common Sense.
NuclearWatermelon

by Failhorse » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Uhm, i've been getting complaints. Sides apparently have been drawn here, this should be interesting. I'm going to go make some popcorn. I still say, if Snow is saying something, there is definitely a problem.

My solution still remains. Stay out of the server I'm in. I simply won't put up with it.

And all due respect to Benny. Voice of reason sure. Record a demo? I would have expected better. You get 5-6 admins complaining alone. You think that would justify some sort of action besides a passive aggressive shell game.

So I'll just say it flat out. There are people here who should not be admin. Don't care if you're nicer than other people who have been in this situation.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Snowsickle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Going to have to agree with Fail. Sitting around debating things and presenting evidence in a formal presentation is going to do more damage to the community than actually doing something about the problem. Everyone likes to look for a solution that will make everybody happy but it doesn't always exist. Shocking news, I know.

That said, I'm going to continue to switch people if the teams are too stacked for fun gameplay. Last I checked, that was one of the things admins were expected to do.
Snowsickle
Blue Admin

by psyk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:50 pm

I tend to agree with fail here. Demos should not be needed if multiple admins are complaining along with pubbers. I had a friend in town for quite a while so I changed up my account and he was the one playing most of the time, but when he shows me pms and stuff complaining about other admins stacking... I tend not to worry about demos especially when he leaves and I come back in full force and notice the issue myself.

there definitely is an issue and its easy to fix with the grey door, but people need to stop bringing it up to try and defend themselves and just deal with the request.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Vivi Hill » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:56 pm

(I didn't add the common sense thing, Nuclear did)

But I really would like to see some evidence that shows that people are stacking evilly. I hear people mention it and I hear people refute it. I see no evidence. From what I can see people want to have fun, they love the community, etc. I can and will change my mind if someone comes up with some evidence besides "I saw them on the same team and they won".

My perspective shows no problems. If I got a demo file I could see the other side better I presume.

--

Snowsickle wrote:Going to have to agree with Fail. Sitting around debating things and presenting evidence in a formal presentation is going to do more damage to the community than just doing something about the problem. I'm going to switch people if the teams are too stacked for fun gameplay.

Look, just switching people every time the teams get stacked doesn't solve the problem, and it certainly doesn't help relations. Luckily I'm not accused of teamstacking--I know if I were switched suddenly for something I saw no problem with I'd certainly get mad.

If it's just a one time thing where they don't realize they're stacking and they are then just let them know you think the teams are unbalanced and ask them nicely to switch.

Watching the game like a hawk and switching admins based on your own opinion of stacking might help the specific game but it does not solve the problem at all. It's certainly nothing like kicking or banning, but it's annoying and hurts people's feelings if done over and over.

And if it really is a problem, then PLEASE let's get some hard evidence for everyone to go over. I know I'm too busy to be on constantly but whenever I'm on with the crew I see no problems, complaints or issues. If I get a demo file that proves me wrong then I will definitely be willing to look into it further. Just let's all keep in mind that NONE OF US are trying intentionally to mess up the server.

So perhaps some people will need to start using the grey door more. But don't think just switching people again and again will help anything at all.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by psyk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:03 pm

I am trying to solve the problem by requesting they click the grey door, and I was fixing the problem until they got the hint to pay attention to my request to fix it in the long run. They apparently decide to ignore my request, so it will be hawked until the request is fulfilled and the issue stops.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Vivi Hill » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Ok, but can I see some demos of the stacking please? I really want to see what's up.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Failhorse » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Next time i'll drop what i'm doing, go into a server and record a demo... Cause you know that'd be effective.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Vivi Hill » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:46 pm

Look, the only way to know if stacking is happening is to be there in game. You can't really judge just by looking at the teams. So if you're in game and see stacking or hear complaints, ~ and 'record demo' and watch. If there is stacking you should be able to get a nice recording showing the problem. That's all I ask.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Ackybur » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:09 pm

NICE HAT BENNY! IT'S GREAT WITH YOUR COMPLEXION!

I'll be doing hats all week folks.
Ackybur
Donator

by rawkies » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:NICE HAT BENNY! IT'S GREAT WITH YOUR COMPLEXION!

I'll be doing hats all week folks.

Me next!
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

by Zclipse » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Failhorse wrote:Next time i'll drop what i'm doing, go into a server and record a demo... Cause you know that'd be effective.

Good and for once you might actually see that there truly is no problem.
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by Maringue » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:43 am

Here's my 2 cents. The behavior is annoying, but not super disruptive. The bigger problem with this annoying behavior is that it is coming from admins who should be setting an example for the rest of the server to live by. Admins don't need to just follow the rules they need to be better than the rules. My core problem is this annoying behavior, while not so dangerous on its own, is part of a systemic attitude that is a huge problem. We should never have to even think about having to ask an admin "Dude (or dudette), can you please cut that out". I mean really stop to think about it. Are we asking for a pound of flesh? No. Are we asking them to stop playing? No. We are simply asking that they chose a random team and be willing to change teams for the good of game balance and so everyone in the server can have a good time. This is just not that much to ask, so I can't wrap my brain around the fact that people are being so defensive and resistant to this idea.

Also, perception is reality. If Fail and others are getting complains from people who think it is a problem, then it is a problem regardless of the technicalities of the situation.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ackybur » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 am

This issue has been resolved amongst the reds
Ackybur
Donator

by Ackybur » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:40 pm

I'm gonna go a head and lock dis biytch up. If you want to talk about santa hats there is another thread. Aside from that this one is concluded. KAY BAI!
Ackybur
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2