Duped Items

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Duped Items

by Mr.Rager » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm sure lots of you, even the ones that don't trade. Heard about an exploit found out by a group of russian traders that lets you duplicate your items. As a result many expensive and high tier unusuals, and other items such as max heads, earbuds, and keys were all duplicated and sold cheap. Vavle closed down trading for a little while as they tried to fix it and it seems they have solved the problem, although the duplicated items seem to still be in tf2. After fixing this problem, Valve decided to VAC ban and wipe the backpacks of anyone who duplicated items, including two of my friends who helped valve find the exploit (which I think is messed up). But the problem has pretty much been fixed and it doesnt seem like too many people, other than the duplicators were affected. This just goes to show, that valve will only fix problems when it involves them losing money.
Mr.Rager
http://tf2b.com/?id=MrRag3r <--- Check it out!
Mr.Rager

Re: Duped Items

by AuronV3 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Now now, I think your being a bit too harsh on Valve, they just did what they found necessary.

Mr.Rager wrote:After fixing this problem, Valve decided to VAC ban and wipe the backpacks of anyone who duplicated items, including two of my friends who helped valve find the exploit (which I think is messed up).

Not that strange, as this has happened before in other games (For all you beasts out there, Runescape (lol) had a similar problem and dealt with it the same way, if your really interested read here)
Mr.Rager wrote:This just goes to show, that valve will only fix problems when it involves them losing money.

Now that's just mean, but that's kinda how every company has to see things, but they wont ONLY fix problems that involves them losing money. Just have faith in ol' Gabe/Robin to do their part.
Jake wrote:Philosiraptor was asked to step in with the price checking debate.

VoltySquirrel wrote:It's "discussions" like this one here that make me never post in the Admin Lounge.
AuronV3
Gold Admin

by Mr.Rager » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

AuronV3 wrote:Now now, I think your being a bit too harsh on Valve, they just did what they found necessary.

Mr.Rager wrote:After fixing this problem, Valve decided to VAC ban and wipe the backpacks of anyone who duplicated items, including two of my friends who helped valve find the exploit (which I think is messed up).

Not that strange, as this has happened before in other games (For all you beasts out there, Runescape (lol) had a similar problem and dealt with it the same way, if your really interested read here)
Mr.Rager wrote:This just goes to show, that valve will only fix problems when it involves them losing money.

Now that's just mean, but that's kinda how every company has to see things, but they wont ONLY fix problems that involves them losing money. Just have faith in ol' Gabe/Robin to do their part.

Well you know its true, theres tons of glitches that ive seen including stuff with unusuals that have been messed up for nearly a year and they still havent fixed.
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Vetos » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Mr.Rager wrote:theres tons of glitches that ive seen including stuff with unusuals that have been messed up for nearly a year and they still havent fixed.

Is that right?

...Care to elaborate? :twisted:
Vetos

by Saber » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Another point for capitalism.
Alternatively, Valve is just establishing that they are indeed for profit, and updates are to keep profits streaming in for relatively low cost.
So anyway.
Saber

by Mike808 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:46 am

Secret still has like 8 max heads -.- hes vacbanned but his bp is fine
Also other people duped items too....
There are 2 sunbeams team captains with the same id# and nothing happened to the owners.
And there are other promos and unusuals items like that. Most of them are 2-4 times duped so people dont notice i guess.
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Mr.Rager » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:55 am

Vetos wrote:
Mr.Rager wrote:theres tons of glitches that ive seen including stuff with unusuals that have been messed up for nearly a year and they still havent fixed.

Is that right?

...Care to elaborate? :twisted:

Theres tons of problems with the Conjurers Cowl, with effects showing up on the neck and no the head. i had one of the very first purple energy cowls, and it was and still is messed up. I got it like july. Also a problem with Fetti Sober Stuntman, fetti comes out the ass. Thats just a few
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

Return to Team Fortress 2