4am and people are STILL ON

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

4am and people are STILL ON

by tehs4ndman » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:25 am

i love this... there are a lot of new players and a lot of high pinged foreigners, but i like the fact that there is so many new people interested in playing tf2. I like all the regulars of the server, but sometimes diversity helps from boredom spreading to me. I am liking a lot of new people that have been joining and it might bring a lot of new regulars... as long as new players don't get the perks we do unless they buy something, i think the f2p idea can work well. There is a lot we can do to promote these new players to become regulars, we just gotta be tolerant of their noobyness and be respectful to their special needs, WE got this!

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

trade me!!! http://www.tf2items.com/id/tehs4ndman
tehs4ndman

Re: 4am and people are STILL ON

by Sirnak » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:43 am

FINALLY.

I thought I was the only one seeing the positive side of this new wave of player (even though there really are some negative sides). Last night, I played on a Slaybox with 2 irl friends of mine (we had a TF2 LAN) and we had so much fun. There was almost no regular ('xcept for Unicorn and sir realist), but all the new players were really good. Some were more skilled than others of course, but they were ALL behaving intelligently and they were ALL alert to backstabs or backburner attacks. That was a great challenge.

I'm happy to see the noob wave is slowly transforming into something interesting. ;)
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by Guy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:17 am

Sandman, please protect yo medics. <3 Guy.
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Vivi Hill » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:14 pm

I'm personally excited for the time I'll get to show TF2 off to my girlfriend. We can finally play together! :D

She's coming in a bit more than a week.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Techercizer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Benny Hill wrote:I'm personally excited for the time I'll get to show TF2 off to my girlfriend. We can finally play together! :D

Show her around! Introduce us! I will try to heal her and not get angry at her if she's incompetent.

Actually, since she's a new player, I don't need to try to be nice to her; I'll already be locked into "support and advise" mode, so any mistakes will just be new opportunities to learn.

...unless she's really mean... >.>
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by VoltySquirrel » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Benny Hill wrote:I'm personally excited for the time I'll get to show TF2 off to my girlfriend. We can finally play together! :D

Lucky you.
VoltySquirrel

by Richard Grey » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 pm

My only real gripe from this is unless I REALLY concentrate and lay waste to the enemy, my server rating (AKA E-Penis) takes a beating. And I sometimes feel bad about killing so many newbs... But that's the only way to help them improve, short of coaching i guess.
Richard Grey
Donator

by Mike808 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:48 pm

just like tennis. dont go easy on them cause they suck.
try your best and show them JUST HOW GOOD YOU ARE. (i was gonna put korean instead of good because of my hldj clip but most of you wouldnt understand)
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by tehs4ndman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:46 am

Mike808 wrote:just like tennis. dont go easy on them cause they suck.
try your best and show them JUST HOW GOOD YOU ARE. (i was gonna put korean instead of good because of my hldj clip but most of you wouldnt understand)

i understand mike i understand, packing korea is always numba 1
but about the not going easy on them though, yes and no, i know if i was new to the game, i would appreciate the game more just to see how professional players play etc... but getting pub stomped might not be the best learning experience for new players. I think it's hard to learn how to play the game and getting used to each class if you're just getting owned time and time again, but also... pub stomping is extremely fun xD. I know sometimes i play hard, but pretty much with all the new players and new regulars, i just really play subconsciously. NBD

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

trade me!!! http://www.tf2items.com/id/tehs4ndman
tehs4ndman

by Sirnak » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:48 am

tehs4ndman wrote:

but about the not going easy on them though, yes and no, i know if i was new to the game, i would appreciate the game more just to see how professional players play etc... but getting pub stomped might not be the best learning experience for new players. I think it's hard to learn how to play the game and getting used to each class if you're just getting owned time and time again, but also... pub stomping is extremely fun xD. I know sometimes i play hard, but pretty much with all the new players and new regulars, i just really play subconsciously. NBD

I don't know why, but some days I just don't play seriously at all and have fun as other times I'm really competitive and rage all the time if I die. o.o

The things I tend to do when I'm not playing serious is to Cload and Dagger myself and wait at some high spot to look down below, watching the match... Or W+M1 as Pyro while not even trying to time my airblasts. And I usually tend to make suicide moronish attacks when not serious. lol

Too bad I can't seem to control these days.
Sirnak
Donator

by duck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:06 am

new people buy keys, unbox unusuals, i give them a scrap, get a burning flames merryweather, unicorn wins
duck

by Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:41 am

Don't be scamin' unicorn!
SHAME ON U!

Got a pink team captain with hearts?

<3
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by stanley » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:05 pm

UnicornPoop wrote:new people buy keys, unbox unusuals, i give them a scrap, get a burning flames merryweather, unicorn wins

did that really happen?

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by Mike808 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:56 pm

tehs4ndman wrote:

don worry, im not trying hard at all. im just play the worlds easiest class... spy
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Echoplex » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Guy wrote:Sandman, please protect yo medics. <3 Guy.

Nothing can save you from the rape rake :twisted: :twisted: Rake + Guadalajara is a secret set that awards you 100% clutch crits

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Mike808 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Big Bear wrote:

Nothing can save you from the rape rake :twisted: :twisted: Rake + Guadalajara is a secret set that awards you 100% clutch crits

racist bastard :D
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Sirnak » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Mike808 wrote:
Big Bear wrote:

racist bastard :D

No, YOU are, you false Asian!

You won't trick me like you tricked them all! :twisted:
Sirnak
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2