TF2 RUINED

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

TF2 RUINED

by Mr.Rager » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Team Fortress 2 is now free to play. And Valves Greed to get more people into the game and buy their mann co. crap, ruined everything. First of all, trading servers are filled with 50% new players who don't know how to trade and just ask to get free things over and over. Other games are littered with idiots who don't know anything and just run around and shoot things. I played Payload, my team was filled with 13 snipers hiding while no one tried to defend the bomb. I think many people are going to quit Tf2 because of this. What do you guys think about it?
Last edited by Mr.Rager on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Rager
http://tf2b.com/?id=MrRag3r <--- Check it out!
Mr.Rager

Re: TF2 RUINED

by Vivi Hill » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:59 pm

I don't think it'll be a problem for too long. I think the amount of players joining up will decrease to the point where you won't get such a flood of people. I mean, after the announcement of course we'll get a bunch of people, but once it's boiled over it'll stabilize.

However, if it does turn out to be a problem then we can see about perhaps making servers that only accept people who've played the game for a certain amount. Might be interesting. In addition I wonder if the amount of private servers will increase following this. Perhaps entire communities that require registration to join the server?
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Mr.Rager » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Benny Hill wrote:I don't think it'll be a problem for too long. I think the amount of players joining up will decrease to the point where you won't get such a flood of people. I mean, after the announcement of course we'll get a bunch of people, but once it's boiled over it'll stabilize.

However, if it does turn out to be a problem then we can see about perhaps making servers that only accept people who've played the game for a certain amount. Might be interesting. In addition I wonder if the amount of private servers will increase following this. Perhaps entire communities that require registration to join the server?

Im pretty sure Valve will implement some kind of server where people with more amount of hours could play. Or maybe servers for people who bought the game. But I think the tf2 economy is gonna take another hit with all these new people joining, and just not knowing what things are worth. I also do like the Idea for making Csn servers for people with (id say 300+ hours played)
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Guy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:03 pm

People have to start from somewhere.

I remember when I was a new medic... very fustrating.
I won't quit, I will simply do what I always do, heal and support... and rage when my team sucks. :3

As for trade servers, I haven't stepped foot in one. But I am sure if you make the rules apparent and explain to the new people the etiquette of trading in tf2, they will get the hang of it.
I mean hell I bought my nephew, Lumpy Tader-Tot, TF2 a while back and he is like 13... and he is a very accomplished trader... just by people showing him the ropes.
Raging at them and calling them noobs isn't the way to go when being approched by new players.
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Mr.Rager » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Guy wrote:People have to start from somewhere.

I remember when I was a new medic... very fustrating.
I won't quit, I will simply do what I always do, heal and support... and rage when my team sucks. :3

As for trade servers, I haven't stepped foot in one. But I am sure if you make the rules apparent and explain to the new people the etiquette of trading in tf2, they will get the hang of it.
I mean hell I bought my nephew, Lumpy Tader-Tot, a while back and he is like 13... and he is a very accomplished trader... just by people showing him the ropes.
Raging at them and calling them noobs isn't the way to go when being approched by new players.

I understand people who arent good at the game and dont know much, we have all been there haha. But theres people who scream on mics and do the dumbest things. Ive gotten over 25 people (who were new) because they couldnt trade, asking if they could have my "Fire Hat" (Burning Flames Mullet). I just hope people will learn quickly that TF2 is a great game, and unlike any other FPS out there.
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Guy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Just vote gag/mute them if they are screaming, if is on a CSn server page a admin to kick/ban ect.

The storm begins people!
Teams composed of nothing but snipers... approches... then they finally get unlock huntsman... then thats when all the fail arrows will block out the sun.
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Mr.Rager » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Guy wrote:Just vote gag/mute them if they are screaming, if is on a CSn server page a admin to kick/ban ect.

The storm begins people!
Teams composed of nothing but snipers... approches... then they finally get unlock huntsman... then thats when all the fail arrows will block out the sun.

I think with the flood of new people, I think Csn needs a few more admins for their servers. Although theres a lot of good admins, theres gonna be 2x as many people playing.
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Toaster » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm sure everyone on trade servers are crying about all the people that just received their max head promos and traded them for something cool because bunny ears are fucking stupid.
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Mr.Rager » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:40 pm

Toaster wrote:I'm sure everyone on trade servers are crying about all the people that just received their max head promos and traded them for something cool because bunny ears are fucking stupid.

Haha, Trading is messed up. But this was expected since all this new crap came out, They just shoot up in price. Thatll fix itself in a matter of weeks. But for all these new people who dont know much about trading, or cant even trade. They just take up room in the Trading severs, and dont let people who can trade. Not to mention asking for donations is against the rules at the Trading server. But a few hours back, thats all i saw.
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Spyder » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:42 pm

If you're on a server where there are 13 snipers, you're on the wrong server.
Image Image
Spyder

by Mr.Rager » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Spyder wrote:If you're on a server where there are 13 snipers, you're on the wrong server.

:lol: Well Ive been in quite a few servers like this. And in one server this guy would scream and shout because he got an achievements.
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Mangachu » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:45 pm

all of the people who bought tf2 already have 'premium' which is pretty much the full game. Where with people who dl the game for free are restricted to only a few things.
Also wait for the game to actually have an impact instead of judging it within one day of release. :l
also:
I'm Mister Cevo (aka div5 shitnerd)
Bitch
Mangachu

by Mr.Rager » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Mangachu wrote:all of the people who bought tf2 already have 'premium' which is pretty much the full game. Where with people who dl the game for free are restricted to only a few things.
Also wait for the game to actually have an impact instead of judging it within one day of release. :l

Well premium could be unlocked by buying anything at the Mann Co. Store, so you could unlock the premium features for $0.49. Im confident that people will learn to play and that everything will work out. We just have to sit here and wait. :?
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Fencerboy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Mr.Rager wrote:Team Fortress 2 is now free to play. And Valves Greed to get more people into the game and buy their mann co. crap, ruined everything. First of all, trading servers are filled with 50% new players who don't know how to trade and just ask to get free things over and over. Other games are littered with idiots who don't know anything and just run around and shoot things. I played Payload, my team was filled with 13 snipers hiding while no one tried to defend the bomb. I think many people are going to quit Tf2 because of this. I know I am. What do you guys think about it?

is this why they call u mr. RAGER :D

and the trade server is far from ruined
we are getting lots more people in the server who are becoming regulars
also the free account players cant trade so only the n00bs with money can trade
regarding the sniper issue im sure u were just as bad when u started, give them time and maybe try telling them what the right thing to do is :roll:
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by Mr.Rager » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Fencerboy wrote:
Mr.Rager wrote:Team Fortress 2 is now free to play. And Valves Greed to get more people into the game and buy their mann co. crap, ruined everything. First of all, trading servers are filled with 50% new players who don't know how to trade and just ask to get free things over and over. Other games are littered with idiots who don't know anything and just run around and shoot things. I played Payload, my team was filled with 13 snipers hiding while no one tried to defend the bomb. I think many people are going to quit Tf2 because of this. I know I am. What do you guys think about it?

is this why they call u mr. RAGER :D

and the trade server is far from ruined
we are getting lots more people in the server who are becoming regulars
also the free account players cant trade so only the n00bs with money can trade
regarding the sniper issue im sure u were just as bad when u started, give them time and maybe try telling them what the right thing to do is :roll:

Hahah the actual reason my name is Mr.Rager has to do with Kid Cudi, if you couldnt tell. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And besides I was on earlier today it was chaos. Maybe because there werent any admins on, but people were just begging for free crap. Thats also where I got my mutiple fire hat offers. But I tried to tell people what to do, like not to play sniper and help me move the payload. And at least 5 people told me to "Fuck off" :lol:
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by VoltySquirrel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm not in favor of blocking F2P users on any of our servers except for the trade server. They have no reason to be there in the first place and begging for donations is against server rules. Other than that, I welcome any new player to the game.
VoltySquirrel

by Mangachu » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Mr.Rager wrote:
Mangachu wrote:all of the people who bought tf2 already have 'premium' which is pretty much the full game. Where with people who dl the game for free are restricted to only a few things.

Well premium could be unlocked by buying anything at the Mann Co. Store, so you could unlock the premium features for $0.49. Im confident that people will learn to play and that everything will work out. We just have to sit here and wait. :?

technically 5$ because thats the minimum that you can take onto yer steam wallet :3
Bitch
Mangachu

by Mr.Rager » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Mangachu wrote:
Mr.Rager wrote:

technically 5$ because thats the minimum that you can take onto yer steam wallet :3

Well you only need to spend $0.49 To unlock it :P
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Mr.Rager » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:I'm not in favor of blocking F2P users on any of our servers except for the trade server. They have no reason to be there in the first place and begging for donations is against server rules. Other than that, I welcome any new player to the game.

I think for the trade servers is good. Maybe we could make training servers? Get some admins to teach people how to play, could bring it lots of new people and teach them how to play
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by VoltySquirrel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Mr.Rager wrote:
VoltySquirrel wrote:I'm not in favor of blocking F2P users on any of our servers except for the trade server. They have no reason to be there in the first place and begging for donations is against server rules. Other than that, I welcome any new player to the game.

I think for the trade servers is good. Maybe we could make training servers? Get some admins to teach people how to play, could bring it lots of new people and teach them how to play

So basically a n00b friendly server.
VoltySquirrel

by Hatred » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Mangachu wrote:
Mr.Rager wrote:

WRONG !!!!! you can choose your stuff go to add funds through the check out and it gives you the option of adding just the required ammount
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

by Mike808 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:52 pm

hai my name is mike. i now have, in total 8 tf2 accounts.
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Techercizer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:24 pm

The rage in this thread amuses me.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by Echoplex » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:59 am

Hey, guess what. This giant influx of users to TF2 also means a giant influx of users to the servers, and more importantly, to our website

We have a great chance to keep expanding here, and people that come visit the website are going to see you guys calling them retards and lamenting that they ever showed up

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Mike808 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:57 am

Big Bear wrote:Hey, guess what. This giant influx of users to TF2 also means a giant influx of users to the servers, and more importantly, to our website

We have a great chance to keep expanding here, and people that come visit the website are going to see you guys calling them retards and lamenting that they ever showed up

i changed my donator kill message to "visit the forums at www.critsandvich.com" lol
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Harri » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:19 am

If it becomes an issue on our servers we could always offer a private server as a donation perk.

Edit: TO BAD i'M NOT PLAYING FML! I want my normal internet back. I think I might play at my Dad's house.
Harri
Blue Admin

by Mr.Rager » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:47 am

Harri wrote:If it becomes an issue on our servers we could always offer a private server as a donation perk.

Edit: TO BAD i'M NOT PLAYING FML! I want my normal internet back. I think I might play at my Dad's house.

Yeah that would be a good idea.
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by mrProtagonist » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Mr.Rager wrote:theres people who scream on mics and do the dumbest things.

Words hurt Rager D:
Forum's own pervert
Bumped like 300 fuckin posts
mrProtagonist

by Mangachu » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:50 pm

reminds me of that one 15 year old that has admin
and his name is Mangachu or something, i dunno
Bitch
Mangachu

by Konfy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:11 pm

I wont play public (maybe on a vanilla server if I find one) til the noobs become acceptable players cu in a few weeks kthxbai
Konfy

by stanley » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Mangachu wrote:

i hate that kid

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by Twinweapons » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:21 pm

All that should be done is promotion of the servers, website, and community. Since all the servers are now pretty much full from dusk till dawn it should increase donators and people wanting to get around the max limit of players. This boosts the servers greatly if more people get donator and assist Critsandvich servers and community and add to the experience that is Team Fortress 2. However with this free to play update I believe there should be more admins as there is without a doubt going to be an influx of hackers trying to get in the game to ruin said experience. Team Fortress 2 is not ruined and this will help the game become more popular with online gamers and other various types of gamers. All that is needed is the servers run like normal and definitely need more admins on all the servers to make sure there are no hackers.

Yeah I never saw that kid that screams and yells all the time that is an admin, but I heard he is still pretty cool.
Twinweapons
Donator

by Mangachu » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:04 am

stanley the manley wrote:
Mangachu wrote:

i hate that kid

yeah me too
but he's so good at tf2
and he traded something for the ability to look, so he's looking
Bitch
Mangachu

by Failhorse » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:03 am

Currently there are no plans to augment or adjust the current servers.

We are an open community to everyone. Thought it may suck on the short term. But if you haven't figured out by now. Every update brings out those who rarely play TF2. There are differences. The old problem was everyone wanting to play the new class, so they could check out the new items. Plus those who play every update for 3 weeks, then go back to whatever they were doing. Today, it's 400% more players, as the game is free.

You don't know who is at the other end of the computer. Try embracing this change to grow our community. Promote the website. Promote why we're different and better than anyone else. Help people out.

On the flip side. There is a sv_tag that you can add that will exempt a server from the matchmaking. And we do have plans to make something more community oriented. But we have a lot of fair weather server players. That being those who only want to join full servers. Without the matchmaking. It's back to server pop events via the Steam Community, and the other whoring that we do to pop the servers. I don't think a lot of people realize the man power that goes into doing that every single day. Many here do. But you understand.

I'll say more when I'm sober.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by chrsi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:43 am

chrsi

by Mike808 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:47 am

^ LOLOL
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by stanley » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:09 am

Mike808 wrote:^ LOLOL

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by Termz » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Mike808 wrote:I get "Error reading file" every time i try and start the game.

tehs4ndman wrote:check ur printer cables
Termz

by Patrid » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Termz wrote:
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Enigma » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:03 pm

You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.
Enigma

by Mangachu » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Enigma wrote:You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.
Bitch
Mangachu

by Failhorse » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:27 pm

Failhorse
Red Admin

by Mr.Rager » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Failhorse wrote:

TF2 Is Is Ruíned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or is it Ruined?... Nah irs ruíned :lol:
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by mrProtagonist » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Mangachu wrote:
Forum's own pervert
mrProtagonist

by Mr.Rager » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:58 pm

mrProtagonist wrote:
Mangachu wrote:
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by mrProtagonist » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 pm

NEEDS MORE QUOTE TRAIN!
Forum's own pervert
mrProtagonist

by VoltySquirrel » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm

mrProtagonist wrote:NEEDS MORE QUOTE TRAIN!
VoltySquirrel

by Mr.Rager » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:24 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:
mrProtagonist wrote:NEEDS MORE QUOTE TRAIN!
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Rustic Apple » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Nice job derailing the thread, guize.
Rustic Apple
Donator

by Hatred » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:15 pm

ya no shit .... so much for this thread
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator