I think it's safe to say that Valve fans are the worst.

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

I think it's safe to say that Valve fans are the worst.

by VoltySquirrel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:15 am

I of course am referring to the more ravenous of fanatics, but you understand what I am saying. I have never seen such a large group of elitist people who demand everything given to them on a silver platter. Let's take a look at the previous "incidents" that Valve fans have bitched about concerning just TF2. First there was the time the Cheater's Lament came out and the war related to that. There was the Mac update, the Mann Co. Store and the epic bitching related to that, and now the Uber update. Just take a quick peak at the Steam forums and you'll see the epic moaning taking place there. From complaining about F2P user who are going to "ruin" the game with their lack of skill, bad computers, and possible hack attempts, to people whining about the crafting window of all things. I thought we were over this. This is just like when Portal 2 launched or when ANY change is made in anyway to CS:S. Valve fans even managed to ruin one of the great gaming memes which I refuse to even name at this point. Never have I seen such an excitable and ungrateful bunch.
VoltySquirrel

Re: I think it's safe to say that Valve fans are the worst.

by Sirnak » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:17 am

*trolls*

*Sex.*
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by Mike808 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:27 am

the new crafting system is actually pretty bad.
say i have a vintage tossle cap and 2 nonvintage tossle caps
i want to craft the 2 nonvintages together
but when i go to craft it just says tossle cap x3
so if i craft i might have crafted away the vintage one
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by VoltySquirrel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:37 am

Mike808 wrote:the new crafting system is actually pretty bad.

You're right, that could happen. however, it prioritizes items of lower quality. Besides, I'm sure Valve will soon make a clear distinction between item qualitys, so that a common item is separate from a vintage one. I still find it to be superior, since it only shows what you can use to make it, so you don't fuck up a craft like I have.
VoltySquirrel

by VoltySquirrel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:39 am

Also, the new inventory screen for classes is way better. I was sick and tired of scrolling through endless shit to find my Fez.
VoltySquirrel

by Patrid » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:06 am

Someone crafted a nv mongolian and a nv beret... but after the craft he looked in his bp and the system actually crafted his nv beret and his ghost mongolian... :x
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by BoB Dolen » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:53 am

VoltySquirrel wrote:I of course am referring to the more ravenous of fanatics, but you understand what I am saying. I have never seen such a large group of elitist people who demand everything given to them on a silver platter. Let's take a look at the previous "incidents" that Valve fans have bitched about concerning just TF2. First there was the time the Cheater's Lament came out and the war related to that. There was the Mac update, the Mann Co. Store and the epic bitching related to that, and now the Uber update. Just take a quick peak at the Steam forums and you'll see the epic moaning taking place there. From complaining about F2P user who are going to "ruin" the game with their lack of skill, bad computers, and possible hack attempts, to people whining about the crafting window of all things. I thought we were over this. This is just like when Portal 2 launched or when ANY change is made in anyway to CS:S. Valve fans even managed to ruin one of the great gaming memes which I refuse to even name at this point. Never have I seen such an excitable and ungrateful bunch.

I agree with you on all of them but the whole cheater's lament point.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator
*** 2 Word Rage Inducer ***

by Mike808 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 am

Patrid wrote:

Someone crafted a nv mongolian and a nv beret... but after the craft he looked in his bp and the system actually crafted his nv beret and his ghost mongolian... :x

are you serious?
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by VoltySquirrel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:29 am

BoB Dolen wrote:
VoltySquirrel wrote:I of course am referring to the more ravenous of fanatics, but you understand what I am saying. I have never seen such a large group of elitist people who demand everything given to them on a silver platter. Let's take a look at the previous "incidents" that Valve fans have bitched about concerning just TF2. First there was the time the Cheater's Lament came out and the war related to that. There was the Mac update, the Mann Co. Store and the epic bitching related to that, and now the Uber update. Just take a quick peak at the Steam forums and you'll see the epic moaning taking place there. From complaining about F2P user who are going to "ruin" the game with their lack of skill, bad computers, and possible hack attempts, to people whining about the crafting window of all things. I thought we were over this. This is just like when Portal 2 launched or when ANY change is made in anyway to CS:S. Valve fans even managed to ruin one of the great gaming memes which I refuse to even name at this point. Never have I seen such an excitable and ungrateful bunch.

I agree with you on all of them but the whole cheater's lament point.

Which side were you on?
VoltySquirrel

by Vivi Hill » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:28 am

Any crafting glitches could be attributed to the fact that steam was extremely slow for obvious reasons.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by BoB Dolen » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:23 am

VoltySquirrel wrote:Which side were you on?

I used the less resource consuming idler.

and was not getting the hat itself that was the problem I had.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator
*** 2 Word Rage Inducer ***

by Konfy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:54 am

tbh I dont like all these updates, it got worse and worse after the engy update... my favorite german tf2 server died by all these updates (thats why I'm here) 99% of the players around the server had the game even befor the first class update and it was skillwise the best german server. but almost none of them is still playing the game cause the updates took away the fun for many of them. Its not unplayable with all these updates but I wouldn't buy the game now with all this shit (yes I know F2P blablabla), the game just lost all his charm and character.

and my reallife will thank the über update if I really stop playing public :P
Konfy

by HibiscusKazeneko » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 am

Benny Hill wrote:Any crafting glitches could be attributed to the fact that steam was extremely slow for obvious reasons.

I wasn't allowed to craft AT ALL last night. It said the servers were too busy.
HibiscusKazeneko

by Sirnak » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:56 am

HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
Benny Hill wrote:Any crafting glitches could be attributed to the fact that steam was extremely slow for obvious reasons.

I wasn't allowed to craft AT ALL last night. It said the servers were too busy.

I crafted and traded last night. Ask Sandman. I was so incredibly generous I gave him gunboats. All that to see his beautiful smile. :)

Well, the new update is cool. I have my doubts about TF2 being free-to-play though. I wonder what will happen to the TF2 community. o.o

I don't think Valve will stop working on TF2 because it's free. I'm pretty sure most of their cash came from Mann-Co rather than actual purchase of TF2 copies (TF2 has existed since 2004?).
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by HibiscusKazeneko » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:59 am

Sirnak wrote:Well, the new update is cool. I have my doubts about TF2 being free-to-play though. I wonder what will happen to the TF2 community. o.o

As some PPs said, it will probably be flooded with n00bs, scammers and cheaters.

I don't think Valve will stop working on TF2 because it's free. I'm pretty sure most of their cash came from Mann-Co rather than actual purchase of TF2 copies (TF2 has existed since 2004?).

2007. It was first announced around 1999, and numerous technology and gaming blogs referred to it as vaporware because they were unsure if it would ever be released.
HibiscusKazeneko

by mrProtagonist » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Allow me to explain my rage over this update. It's like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky. If any of you have played this game when it was released you'd know what I was referring too.

It's not that TF2 is now F2P. It's not that they changed the crafting template (which is slightly annoying). It's not that most of the weapons are over powered.

Actually... it kind of is that. In a completely different sense.

Valve released this update without thinking of the insane flooding that would occur. I actually cannot get on Slaybox 1 or 2 because of the clogged F2Ps. I'm not enjoying playing the game because it's so easy. Critsandvich was always one of my favourites because your regulars are rather good at the game. I'm now, sadly, reduced to playing on NighTeam servers. A community I used to be apart of, TRH, puts passords on there servers when an update occurs and announces the password on their steam group. This is a good idea for critsandvich until this flooding dies. However I love coaching the new players it's always good to help out.

The crafting template. Now I find it semi useful, but I'd wish they would have an option to use the old crafting system if you want. I'd be thrilled if they did that.

I'm not even going to talk about the new weapons, talk to Seven if you wanna hear all that jazz.
Forum's own pervert
Bumped like 300 fuckin posts
mrProtagonist

by Twinweapons » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:44 pm

To be honest I think most people hate change and especially when that change affects game play and game quality. But since the first game I have played people have always managed to complain about something within a game and this is no different. It's people just posting because they are raging over small things that can easily be solved, but would rather complain about it then have fun. I also assume these are the same players that scream and yell and rage over the mic when they are getting their buts beaten bad in games. Just ignore them and simply play the game yourself and have your own opinion on the update. There are thousands of people that play games and odds are that a small number are going to complain often and rage.
Twinweapons
Donator

by Maringue » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:27 pm

The only down side to this whole thing, other than a crafting window that licks my sweaty taint, will be that our ban list will probably grow by a significant amount. Once it calms down in a week or two, everything will be like the Fonz. What's the Fonz like Yolanda? He's cool. Super Cool? Super Cool Yolanda.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by rawkies » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:35 am

mrProtagonist wrote:A community I used to be apart of, TRH, puts passords on there servers when an update occurs and announces the password on their steam group.

I like this idea, but I fear we may not have enough regulars to sustain all the servers
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

by tehs4ndman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:59 am

Twinweapons wrote:To be honest I think most people hate change and especially when that change affects game play and game quality. But since the first game I have played people have always managed to complain about something within a game and this is no different. It's people just posting because they are raging over small things that can easily be solved, but would rather complain about it then have fun. I also assume these are the same players that scream and yell and rage over the mic when they are getting their buts beaten bad in games. Just ignore them and simply play the game yourself and have your own opinion on the update. There are thousands of people that play games and odds are that a small number are going to complain often and rage.

words of wisdom my friend.
I agree that the tf2 and overall valve community complain too much... i feel the exact opposite even with this update.
Valve has created my all time favorite games (not just tf2) so I'm pretty much loyal regardless of future occurances whether its long wait times for games, bad updates etc...
This update well first of all, is financially smart for valve, we know they make millions off keys... alright whatever.
You also can't really complain about the lag with the man co. system (trade craft etc...) because the flood is HUGE, give them time they will (and for the most part HAVE) fixed this, which imo the worst part of the update.
Second free to play has very limited options when it comes to weapons, trading, etc... but if you just play because of the quality gameplay, you're set... you still have to pay for the aspects such as cosmetics and trading blah blah whatever.. so the f2p is fine with me (explained why pretty much in my other post)
Third, you have to give valve credit for implementing all these new items, especially since they are community made items... what other game does that? fucking AMAZING! It also gives so many new ways to play the game (yes some guns might need to be nerfed but don't worry, vanilla is still absolutely fine) which gives the game SOO much replay value, you CAN'T get bored.
Finally, DONATE 5 DOLLARS TO CSN! that reserve slot is fucking worth it broskis! if you can always get in, the new players won't be a problem.

I agree with twin about the idea of people hating change... but for me, change means bigger and better things. More options, kills boredom, makes the game unique. This is the reason why we don't quit this game IMO. Keep it up valve... i dont mind watching you guys get rich off of keys and cosmetics... just keep this game REAL!!

ALSO a quick reminder about the crafting system: I don't hate it AS MUCH as i used to because of one aspect, first pick your blueprint... fine i can live with that...i understand and HATE the way finding your item is on this menu once you pick a blueprint, but if you click on the bottom right, you can find your items to craft in your backpack the same way the old crafting is... pointless and tedious? YES but makes it much more simplistic, and again I can get used to it.

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

trade me!!! http://www.tf2items.com/id/tehs4ndman
tehs4ndman

Return to Team Fortress 2